10 Reasons It's Awesome Having Twins
1. The 2 for 1 deal. I did not enjoy pregnancy and counted down the days until it was over and I could shed the 75, yes 75 pounds that I gained and feel like I had some control over my body again. Having twins is incredibly hard, but knowing I'm not going to be pregnant again (or at least for a very, very long time) is a big plus.
2. The attention. Being pregnant with (and being a mom to) twins, you feel like a celebrity.When they're babies, everyone you walk by will enthusiastically exclaim, "Is it twiiiiiins?!?!" The answer to this question is so painfully obvious that some could find it annoying, however when you are stuck in the house with twin babies feeling like you have absolutely no idea what you are doing day after day after day, any human interaction feels like a win. Especially one where you play the rock star.
3. Loving your husband even more. A dad of twins is essentially a second mom. At 3AM when you are each semi-awake with the twins and are both covered in equal amounts of milk, poop, drool and probably your own tears, you realize wow, I love this guy even more than the day he was tearing up the dance floor to "Take me Home Tonight" at our wedding.
4. Photos Opps. I mean, hello?
5. Double the milestones. So far raising twins has been hard. Like harder than running a marathon hard (I have run a marathon and trust me this is wayyy harder. Some days I honestly feel like I would enjoy running 26.2 miles over caring for twins). But of course, there are moments that make everything worth it. First smiles, rolls, steps, hugs, words. And the greatest part is, if you miss the chance to catch one of these spectacular moments on camera, you have a second chance with the other kid usually only days away!
6. Best Buds. I have not experienced this one yet (even though people keep telling me they will be "instant playmates!") since right now they mostly try to grab, bite, knock each other over and cause general harm to one another. But I'm ready and waiting for the day that they play peacefully together while I sit on the couch and watch anything on Bravo while drinking a hot coffee.
7. The Ultimate Excuse. Can't fit into any of your pre-pregnancy clothes 18 months later? Does your stomach look like road map that a tractor drove over? Haven't so much as looked at your husband in 3 days? Having take out for dinner 5 nights in a row? Don't want to go to that wedding shower? Ignore all phone calls? Cancel plans last minute? It's fine, you have twins!
8. The Twin Bond. My guys just started talking a lot, and in the morning they wake up saying, "Hi brubber!" from crib to crib. Holy cuteness. I mean, come on! I melt.
9. The Kindness of Others. I live in the northeast which is not known for being the friendliest of places. (Hello, did you hear about the winter we just had?!) That being said, it's humbling how much family, friends, and strangers are willing to help when it comes to twins. And we'll take it.
10. Endless Entertainment. Twins are Expensive with a capital E. But the good news? There's no need to pay for expenses like cable TV or movies at theaters. Who can beat this?
Related Post: The General Public on Twins