Book Tour Failure

I was so focused on not flashing my Spanx on the Today Show and all of the other events during the day, that I completely neglected to promote that I had a reading at Barnes and Noble at 7PM.

At all.

We arrived at 6:45 and the room was empty. Like, completely empty. Literally. When I peeked out at 6:55, there were exactly two people in the crowd. They were in their eighties, had no idea who I was and were obviously just looking for a quiet place to sit. See?

Way to go, Jill!

Fortunately, a few other people trickled in and I wasn’t stuck solely talking to grandparents not belonging to me. But reading to an enormous room filled with ten people was a pretty humbling experience, and not one I’d like to repeat. Ever. So, come see me when I’m in your town, ok?

I’ll be sure to tell you about it this time.

Comments

steph says

I’m pretty picky about the blogs I read and do think a lot of “mommy blogs” are written by people who are mean, whiny and try too hard at humor. I really enjoy reading your blog and book. Best to you always!

Helen says

my review’s on Amazon…was there yesterday. Told you, you have a hit on your hands! I’m waiting for it to hit the NY Times Best Seller list!!!

Rebeccah says

Whatever. Haters gonna hate. I’m reading it, loving it, and will be reviewing it as well. Good luck with your readings and I really hope to see you here in South Kackalackie. :-)

Arnebya says

How cool is that! One AND two. I am smiling so very hard for you right now (But that one bad review bitch is about to go down).

I can’t make it to Port Discovery today but I’m hoping to catch you in Bethesda.

• 24

says

Tom & Heike,We ove the nightly uetdaps and know you are tired each night from driving long distances! It seems like just yesterday you were here in Arizona and now 4,000 miles later your all the way Northeast . Safe travels, have fun and we look forward to more sights from the open roads across America.Kris

• 25

says

I did date a few. I got involved with the kids more than the mom. Bad mitksae. Good kids, but Mommy was screwed up. I got to the point were I would date the woman but I would make the decision to get involved or not with the kid. There was one little boy, a bright kid, funny, etc. But his mom was screwed up. I liked the kid, but couldn’t take the mother. To this day, I wonder how he turned out.

wendy @ mama one to three says

Congratulations! I totally would have gone to the signing last night– husband was at work… :( That’s a great story though. good luck this week!

Stephanie says

I will totally be there on the 10th, and I’m bringing Lauren. I even changed my moving date so I could make it. Just please tell me I don’t have to wear Spanx.