Gross Facts
  • NinLee
    I was on my way home from dropping the kids at school, and on the radio they were talking about gross facts. The first one shared: Did you know that 90% of dust is made up from dead skin cells... Just thinking about my dusty dashboard and how the kids sometimes draw with their finger in it.... uuugh... 
    Another one was that when you get bitten by a mosquito, it leaves behind a little deposit of pee...
    One of the more well known ones mentioned is that when you flush the toilet without putting the lid down, little particles from the toilet water can travel up to 4 meters away... Eeewe if your toothbrush is in there :-&

Got any to share?

Well... I'm off to go clean my car...
  • NinLee
    So more from the net... uugh...
    -  Step outside and smell the roses. On a daily average you will inhale 1 liter of others anal gasses (I actually laughed at this one... still gross though)
    We all like a man who gives a nice firm hand shake. However, you might want to think twice before returning the firm grip. Annually you will shake hands with 6 men who have recently masturbated and did not wash their hands. (Hand sanitizer anyone?)
    In the mood for fast food? An average person will consume 12 pubic hairs in their fast food annually. Gross! (I have just put myself off from our usual Friday routine of McDonalds)

• AnonUser31
    Eew!!!! @ninlee thank god I only eat fast food like twice a year! Barf! :-& Maybe never again!
  • crazymama2twocrazymama2two
    Hahha ewww
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    How in the hell does PUBIC hair end up in the food?!  I mean I can make some wild guesses...but EEEEWWWW!!!
  • GirdyOleeGirdyOlee
    Scientists say it's actually healthy to eat your boogers. Tiny amounts of the germs help boost your immune system AND there's no explanation for the high salt content other than for taste. My DD3 is a booger eater.
  • WillileeWillilee
    I'm OK with bugs in food.

Each person eats on average 4 spiders a year in their sleep. That eyelash on your cheek in the morning? That ain't an eyelash.
  • AnonUser23
    I wish I NEVER clicked on this. Fuuuuuck!! Why is it that I am more grossed out  by inhaling bugs in my sleep than I am eating them???? lol
  • AnonUser34
    I'm with @handtowelLady bugs crawling in my month while Im sleeping?!? Thinking about eating a spider makes me :-& No joke that's why I wear underwear to bed I don't need any bugs crawling up my lady parts lol..
  • NinLee
    "Almost all humans have Pin-worms in their colons. Most don't ever notice these tiny parasites unless they have an unusually high amount. You can find out if you have a high amount by having someone gently touch around your anal area with Scotch Tape while you sleep, this is when they are most active. The worms will stick to the tape and you should be able to see them. "EEW!
    Who the hell would ask somebody to scotch tape their butt hole (while asleep) to check for worms? 
    "Darling... When I am asleep, please take some tape and pat my asshole to  check if I have worms. Love you hunny, good night!"ROFL...
  • AnonUser23
    KittyKat said:

I'm with @handtowelLady bugs crawling in my month while Im sleeping?!? Thinking about eating a spider makes me :-& No joke that's why I wear underwear to bed I don't need any bugs crawling up my lady parts lol..

Lmfao!!! I don't mean to laugh ;) but I have ALWAYS worn underwear to bed. Always. Even if it was only a teeny tiny thong! That little piece of material was going to protect me from the anal/vag bug intruders!!!!!!
  • AnonUser34

KittyKat said:

Lmfao!!! I don't mean to laugh ;) but I have ALWAYS worn underwear to bed. Always. Even if it was only a teeny tiny thong! That little piece of material was going to protect me from the anal/vag bug intruders!!!!!!

Good to know I'm not the only one worried about anal/vag bug intruders!! :))
  • MyInnerGoddessMyInnerGoddess
    Christ...just when I thought I was safe and didn't need a therapist.  I got the willies from hell right now.  And yes..I watched a show once where the people working in the restaurants were just flat pissed at life in general and wanted revenge in any way they could get it.  Jacking off in mayo, pissing in pickle jars putting boogers and pubic hair in food.....I very SELDOM ever eat out.
    ETA:  Oh, and McDonalds and all the 'other' fast food burger joints? Number ONE on the list of worst unsanitary places to eat.  Yeah, they are making minimum wage...not afraid to lose their job (plenty more where that came from) and are generally treated like shit at work...think they aren't looking for a release?
    "People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them."
    ~ George Bernard Shaw~
  • AnonUser23
    @MyInnerGoddess with people such as myself running loose I don't blame you at all!! Lmao :)

@MyInnerGoddess with people such as myself running loose I don't blame you at all!! Lmao :)

LOL!  I once worked at a McDs.  First job I ever had.  One thing to remember..it is NOT burger king and if you want it your way...it WILL cost you.  Especially if you send something back bitching about it.

And REAL restaurants...done that too.  Never be unkind to your waitress/waiter.  You may not know what the chef does, but I guarantee you that if you piss your waiter/waitress off, by god, you will get a bonus for your buck.
    "People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them."
    ~ George Bernard Shaw~
  • AnonUser23

LOL!  I once worked at a McDs.  First job I ever had.  One thing to remember..it is NOT burger king and if you want it your way...it WILL cost you.  Especially if you send something back bitching about it.

And REAL restaurants...done that too.  Never be unkind to your waitress/waiter.  You may not know what the chef does, but I guarantee you that if you piss your waiter/waitress off, by god, you will get a bonus for your buck.

My 1st real job was at KFC. It's where I learned all of my revenge tactics ;)
  • GrainneGrainne
    Omg please stop YUCK. I thought I had a pretty strong yuck factor but apparently not GACK
  • [Deleted User]
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    well behaved women seldom make history
  • Katescrazymom
    Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!
  • sanityseekersanityseeker
    How in the hell does PUBIC hair end up in the food?!  I mean I can make some wild guesses...but EEEEWWWW!!!

NinLee said:

We all like a man who gives a nice firm hand shake. However, you might want to think twice before returning the firm grip. Annually you will shake hands with 6 men who have recently masturbated and did not wash their hands. (Hand sanitizer anyone?)

theres your answer @anonmom :D
    "If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear?" -Castiel
    "Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim or seriously injure.” -Dobby
    Genealogy: Where you confuse the dead and irritate the living.
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    HA!!  Thanks for connecting THOSE dots @sanityseeker!!
  • Mommyto3
    These are making me cringe. Ugh!!'
  • lovinmom
    @Mommyto3 it didn't work
  • [Deleted User]
    @mammateeroll.  Even though I knew this, you totally made me :-& as I just scrubbed my doorjams and windows as well as disinfected all the door handles.  Getting ready to dust, so will be enjoying this little morsel of info all the more ;)
    ~ George Bernard Shaw~
  • [Deleted User]
  • KyBlossomKyBlossom
    Oh, why did I read this? Knew there was a reason I don't like peanut butter. And no more orange juice for me. The pubic hair thing is just nasty. Dust being dead skin cells...looks like I need to dust more than once a day. 
    ~ George Bernard Shaw~
  • [Deleted User]
  • TexasMamaTexasMama
    I have just morphed into Niles Crane with his always-dusting hankie after reading this thread.  lmao!
  • lmallison
    The fact about how fecal matter flies in the air after you flush the toilet is why I put my toothbrush in a drawer! And I use paper towels to open doors when I leave the bathroom, to go back to my office, to eat.

BUT if we all worried about these kinds of things, you'd go nuts! Those facts about bugs and stuff in your food - well, if they haven't killed you yet, they're probably not going to! (I really hope.)
  • CrashCrash
    I'm with @mammateeroll on the restaurant thing. Been in our restaurant for 8 years, and we have *never* messed with a customer's food. Even all those things you hear about steaks being dropped and then replated? Nope. It drops, into the garbage it goes. I mean sure we joked about it, but even if we really disliked a customer, we still valued our food enough to not trash it that way.

Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • breezybreezy
    gelatin is made from the hoofs of cows.... j.e.l.l.No thanks.
    skatermom said:

No more raspberry tea for moi. Ewwww

I know right?!  And it's my favorite!  I make my own all summer long, doesn't have the color, but tastes fresh and wonderful. 
    ~ George Bernard Shaw~
  • [Deleted User]

My 1st real job was at KFC. It's where I learned all of my revenge tactics ;)

Did ANYONE see 20/20 tonight?  Uffda!  There were all kinds of things on there about people who did stuff to food in restaurants.  And of course...I had to dig up this thread...lol.
    ~ George Bernard Shaw~
  • broken_dawnbroken_dawn
    :-& Why oh why did I want to open this thread? Feeling a bit queasy now...ick. lol
  • irishlassirishlass
    OMG!! The other day I put on a dressing gown that I hadnt worn in a while, it had been in the wardrobe. Went to the bathroom, when i stood up there was a tiny dead spider on the seat. Went into the bathroom LOLing about how a dead spider fell out of my vag.... What if it did!!!???  @-)
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • ZidashaZidasha
    I should have never opened this thread knowing how paranoid I am, but damn my curiosity is so much stronger than my sense.   Thank you ladies for the info. I am now going to TRY to forget and retreat to my little sanitized bubble. :P
    "I have a theory that placenta is brain matter I push out, so with each child I get dumber and dumber." ~ Unknown

irishlass said:

OMG!! The other day I put on a dressing gown that I hadnt worn in a while, it had been in the wardrobe. Went to the bathroom, when i stood up there was a tiny dead spider on the seat. Went into the bathroom LOLing about how a dead spider fell out of my vag.... What if it did!!!???  @-)

This made my morning!  lmao!   But I can tell you right now, dead or not, I'da been pissin myself and cutting it off me.  I would not have been able to pull it back over my head hahaha.
    ~ George Bernard Shaw~
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    OMG @irishlass  =))

I should NOT have read this. 

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • irishlassirishlass
    LOL! Ohhh @unforgiven @MyInnerGoddess, I should have specified, a dressing gown is a bath robe, like a fluffy jacket thing. And I went into the bedroom LOLing. I cant think straight!! 
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
    ~ George Bernard Shaw~
  • NinLee
    @MyInnerGoddess... Eeeewe! I couldn't read the whole article... Thank heavens I don't like brussel sprouts, so I just don't buy it, and I stay away from canned veggies...
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    GirdyOlee said:

Scientists say it's actually healthy to eat your boogers. Tiny amounts of the germs help boost your immune system AND there's no explanation for the high salt content other than for taste. My DD3 is a booger eater.

DH and DS2 both eat boogers. The only way I can make DH blush is when I catch him and call him out for doing it. >:)
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • NinLee

GirdyOlee said:

DH and DS2 both eat boogers. The only way I can make DH blush is when I catch him and call him out for doing it. >:)

LOL... My kids have stopped eating them - they feed them to the dog now. I'm sure Milo (the dog) loves it more than his store bought treats... LOL