Almost 2 weeks late, but pregnancy tests are still negative....
  • Jjva
    Ok all....need advice...don't know at what point I should go to doctor. This would be (fingers crossed) my first, so I'm not sure how all this works. I'm pretty consistently about a 26-29 day cycle and I'm now at day 40. I've taken a bunch of pregnancy tests but they have all been negative. Most recently I took one yesterday. I've tried two different brands too.

I don't know if I'm just stressing about it (trying not to, but you know how that goes) And that's what's making my period late or what? I'm also still probably adjusting to being off anti depressants, but can't really imagine that would impact my cycle...and I've been off them since Jan.

At what point do I go to my doctor and ask for a blood test?
  • regpregp
    I don't want to dash your hopes, but if you are still testing negative at 2 weeks late, the odds are slim that you are pregnant. I just went through the same thing myself, last month. I track my cycle using the iperiod app so I'll know when to expect my period. (I like to know how many more days we have to get busy :) )
    Anyway, my average cycle has been 24-26 days for the two years I've been tracking it. I had my Feb cycle on time and then waited and waited and waited for March. I was on cycle day 45 when my period started.
    During the time I was late, I took probably 20 pregnancy tests of all brands, all negative. At almost the two week mark, I took a blood test, also negative. I googled "late period negative pregnancy test" until my eyeballs fell out. What I found is that while it does happen occasionally, the odds were against me.

I wasn't trying to get pregnant (I had a tubal 7 years ago) so I definitely wasn't stressed about it. Now, this month's period is 6 days late. I don't know what's going on with my body, until last month I'd never, ever been late for my period except for the two times I was pregnant.
    The only thing saving you from me is Jesus.
  • [Deleted User]
    Must be something in the water! This was me for the past two months. Consistent period until BAM! I started being really late. I would chalk it up to stress. I doubt you're pregnant since the tests are sstill negative at 2 weeks. If you're concerned, especially since you have pretty predictable periods, see your gyno. There may be a hormonal imbalance going on.
    I have heard of antidepressants screwing with your periods.
    Get me a damn beer.
  • Jjva
    The iperiod app?!?! Awesome! I'm going to go get that right now!
    I've kinda figured that I'm not pregnant....I just want my body to tell me one way or the other!!!
    Thanks for the words of sanity....
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana

It all starts around 40 ladies.  I had predictably SHORT cycles...14-18 days, yuck.  The around 40-42 they started getting quite unpredictable.  Though, I knew I had been in premature ovarian failure since about age 34.

If you're trying to get pregnant, go to your doc and get some blood work done...an FSH will tell you a lot of information, as will estrodial and progesterone levels.  Also, since you are 40, they aren't going to make you wait the requisitie 6-12 months of "trying" before they do anything.

Good luck, my dd was conceived, with a lot of help, at 45, and I've a friend who's had 2 over 45, so fingers crossed for you!

Bite me, cupcake!
  • regpregp
    Yes, I love the app! It is one of my favorites. You can track when you get "love", when you have your period and what the flow is, symptoms, moods, weight, etc.

I was the same as you, I just wanted to know! 

• regpregp
    @bellabefana - don't call me 40! I am 37, thankyouverymuch! LMBO
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    no, sorry, no coffee yet, I thought @Jjva said she was 40, can't read this amorning.
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    or apparently type...
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • Jjva
    ALMOST 40, thank you very much. :) the dr. Actually told me to try for 6 months and then call him. Been about 4 months now.....