SUMMER HELP from Scary Mommy Nation (2012)
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    I'm so proud to kick off Scary Mommy Nation's summer event.

If you need help making it through the summer, please apply. And, if you have a little extra to give, please give. 

And, please share!!

Let's make this a HUGE success!
  • BirdieBirdie
    @scarymommy and my fellow mommies... You chicks are simply amazing!

SMSM_s_5

• LoveLove
    WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Share, share, SHARE!

community-manager

• shadylaneshadylane
    i don't have a food stamp booklet, mine are on a card
    ~slim shady~
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    I shared the link on my FB page!
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • BakingmommyBakingmommy
    What if you don't have a school lunch voucher, or anything other than a screen shot to say you get lunch assistance?
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy

What if you don't have a school lunch voucher, or anything other than a screen shot to say you get lunch assistance?

@shadylane @bakingmommy That's totally fine. We just want some proof so we don't have people taking advantage of the system. Cards, screenshots etc are all good!
  • AnonUser29
    So, we can take a scan of our card?
  • boring_nameboring_name
    What an amazing site to do something like this. I can't afford to donate but I hope enough is raised to benefit a LOT of families!! 
    B
  • AreYouKiddingMe

So wonderful to be able to put action to our hugs!  Thanks SM!!!!!!!!!

• NikkiNikki

So, we can take a scan of our card?

Yes! Just email it to scarymommynation@gmail.com including your full name and username :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Hey @scarymommy, do you have any press info for this, or any advertising material you would like passed along?

Oh and @mammateeroll I would kill for your sea salt sugar scrub!!!
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Just fyi im always in need of coconut oil free skin products.. My sons highly allergic to coconut oil... Any tips on brands and products
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • AnonUser26
    I am so very proud to be a part of SMN.
  • SammieSammie
    Let's make this BIG, mommas!! There's a LOT of power in the Scary Mommy Army, so let's share the link on Facebook, tweet it, pin it, and email it out. Let's spread the word!! Not just for fundraising purposes, so that families in need and mommas who need support know where to go. :) I'm so proud to be a part of Scary Mommy!! 

Spread the word!! 

community-manager

• ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    @Chocoholic Yes! Below is the sheet I've been sending out. Thank you SO much!! 

http://www.scarymommy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/MEDIA-KIT-NEW1.pdf
  • SofaQueenSofaQueen
    Also, many food banks and other agencies have special summer programs because they know kids are not getting lunches at school and some families struggle. I know in my area theres a couple places that give out lunches during the summer.

Many also have weekend food backpack programs to help during the school year on weekends.

http://feedingamerica.org/how-we-fight-hunger/programs-and-services/child-hunger/backpack-program.aspx

This link has information about summer/weekend programs and a food bank locator to find one in your area tha participates.
  • LesboMomLesboMom
    WOW!!!! In one morning almost $500 has been given!! Way to go, ladies!!!! Share the information with everyone you know!!! 

confessional-manager

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -- Helen Keller
  • shadylaneshadylane
    @ScaryMomy, i emailed u a picture of my food card, i hope that will suffice? u should be able to read my name. please let me know if its ok.
    ~slim shady~
  • AnonUser28
    I just want to say that I have been matched with a sponsor, and I don't know who you are, and I don't know if you know who you are, but it really means alot to me!!!! You have no idea how far I am going to make that money go. What a fabulous bunch of women!!
  • mericksmom
    If you are in AZ. There is a program called Market on the Move (MOM).  it is apart of the 3000 club.  for 10 bucks you can get 60+ lbs of produce. Basically it is whatever is in season. If you grab too much just pass it on to those who need it, friends, family, neighbors...

https://the3000club.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=59

This has REALLY helped me and my neighbors/family. 
  • irishlassirishlass
    I feel a bit strange asking, but is the help international? 
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • AnonUser28
    @irishlass I am Canadian, so I would assume so.
  • Luvlyssa
    they'd just have to change it to euoros or whatever....if you know someone who needs to apply @irishlass then have them apply... worst that happens is they hear it's just not possible... or that it'll take a little longer because they're in another country (that doesn't touch the US) but... I don't see why not.

Mods- if you need help figuring out how to send to say... north pole ;) let me know. I bet i can have an answer tonight for anyone that applies tonight.
    Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
  • LoveLove
    Ladies!

We have seen a couple of confessions come through that say they haven't yet received their assistance, but don't want to ask about it directly...

Nikki has informed us that she sent out emails asking for contact addresses to send it to, but hasn't heard back from several people.

Everyone who applied: If you haven't received yours yet, PLEASE check your inboxes, spam filters, etc, or email Nikki directly. She can't mail it to you, if she doesn't have an address !

community-manager

• CalliopemarieCalliopemarie
    Just wanted to say thank you for mine!!
  • AnonUser29
    I am so glad that someone posted on this link. I couldn't find it! Mine came in a few days ago. THANK YOU! From the whole of myheart! Thank you.
  • WhoDatIsWhoDatIs
    I got confirmation that mine was going to be mailed out and that my address was verified. Last email requested that I notify when I recieved it and that it should be anyday now. That was a month ago. :( I budgeted it in and now we're hurting even more without it.
    You and me, we go way back.
  • WhoDatIsWhoDatIs
    And I feel horrible having to ask about it.
    You and me, we go way back.
  • NikkiNikki
    Oh no! I'll check on the tracking first thing in the morning. :(
  • irishlassirishlass
    I want to say thankyou also! The effect of it is actually huge!! My boy can go to nursery now with the correct uniform :)
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • AnonUser28
    I haven't received mine either, I did submit my adress over a month ago. I also sent a PM to @Nikki, as well as an email asking when I might expect it, that was a few days ago, but have yet to hear back.
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    @nikki 

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    @PallasAthene I'm so, so sorry to hear that. @Nikki is looking into it.
  • AnonUser28
    That's ok @scarymommy, I still love ya! I just figured Nikki was busy and would get around to me, then I saw this thread at the top so thought I would comment.
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    @PallasAthene It should NOT have taken this long - I assumed you got the help weeks ago.
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    I have the same situation.......registration and pic of my fs card confirmed........emailed info requested and haven't heard anything since.......figured I missed a deadline/cutoff.
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • NikkiNikki
    It's totally, 100% my fault. I don't know how I let this fall through the cracks. I'm so sorry @schweddyballs and @pallasathene.
  • AnonUser28
    Thanks for getting me straightened out so quickly @nikki hun and @scarymommy! xxxoo
    are people still allowed to sign up? my sisters husband lost his job and they are low on food so I was wondering if she could sign up. she's been to the confessional but I don't think she's been here yet
  • OtakuHimeOtakuHime
    I was just flat out told that they couldn't help me.

• AloneOverseasAloneOverseas
    @otakuhime ... If I remember correctly its for people who receive some sort of food assistance who are falling short. Must have food stamps or something to show proof of need. See the top of this thread for more info ...
    I love purple; I love cats. Imagine if cats were purple ...
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    @OtakuHime I'm PMing you.
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    @Calliopemarie SMN help is limited to those who are a part of the community. See if you can get her over here, though, so we can help next time. :)
  • BeautifulDefianceBeautifulDefiance
    Is this still available? I was really trying to avoid having to do this which is why I waited so long, but unfortunately I have to ask. I just keep running out a week before stamps come in and it's killing me to have to pay for groceries cuz I have to take it from other bills and I'm just getting further and further behind
    I prefer not to think before speaking. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

SMSM_s_5

• unforgivenunforgiven

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
    @scarymommy I've been trying! lol she's shy
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    @OtakuHime in that case, it must have been after the deadline, which we had to enforce because there weren't anymore funds. Since then, we have gotten some more donations. I sent you a PM yesterday -- can you respond?
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions