Help me don't know what to do***updated***
  • Ashamedmommy
    Ok I got a felony dwi a year and a half ago. Fast forward to date. I left my husband. Moved into a apartment. Wrote hot checks door food also used a debit card that wasn't mine. I got 2 mistermeanors on that. So that is a probation violation. I have to meet probation officer in the state I got the dwi in. I live in another state now. I had permission to move. I am worried that I am going to jail for violating probation. I am a mental patient and went into psy. Ward after I used the card and checks. I was not in a good place. Got better moved back with husband. Now I have this...I got probation for he newest charges. My question is do you think I will have to go to jail for violation probation. I also owe ines still and community service.

Any answers or help?
  • Luvlyssa
    @ashamedmommy
    1) change your name. You made mistakes. you've owned up to them. stop being ashamed and doing shit you should be ashamed OF. be a PROUD mommy

2) ok... probation violation. likely? if you go? it'll be 24 hours. yes a felony DWI is nasty. but... there are far worse things out there. and yes you didn't show you were doing better. the key now is to show you're more stable and working on getting your shit together.

3) Listen to @mammaTeeRoll she's a smart woman from what I've seen. do the food pantry. get food stamps. go to churches and get food/tp/clothes. humble yourself and do this

4) be proactive and do your community service.

5) if you haven't been paying your fines then START PAYING THEM. even if you have to sell stuff. start paying them. if you haven't been THIS is why you'll go to jail. judges get annoyed at stuff like this. even if all you can pay is $5... PAY IT. it shows you're trying

6) basically.. get your shit together. you can do it. do NOT let this spiral out of control. little steps will control this a LOT. (the community service, the paying of fees etc)

(my boyfriend had similar circumstances... he was getting his shit together too. and he did NOT go to jail despite not paying fines for a couple months)

oh. side note. if you haven't paid the fines? most counties will put out an arrest warrant for you after a couple months... the bf and I discovered this when I was on his case about paying them... we went in and paid 25 bucks... and they pulled the arrest warrant that was due to be set the next DAY.

*hugs* you CAN do this.
    Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
  • Ashamedmommy
    I know that I have no warrants for fines or any charges pending. I moved back home after this. I realized I could not live by myself. I have done everything for the dwi probation except the fines. I have met the DA for the new charges. I spent the night in county jail before letting me go on an OR bond. The DA has the payment and probation schedule for the new charges. The original state stated that the new charges are pending. I told her that I am going tomorrow to see the judge to sign off on the plea agreement that the DAAnd I agreed to. When I called her today she told me that those charges were pending.I told her that they will be signed on at 1:30 afternoon. She told me that is a very good thing to bring with me on June 9th

I have documentation where I went to hospital psy. Soon after I did the new charges. There is no way to get them dropped. Let's face it IBROKE the law!

I need to call the probation officer that handles my case in the original state and see what she says. My PO here says that I have to appear on June 9 th before the original PO. She will make her recommendation. But the final word is the judges. I am scared that I am going to go to this meeting and they will take me directly to county jail.

I had a bad FUCKING year.I am trying very hard to be a better person, I promise. I know you really can't believe me I am a THIEF! I went to all my PO visits. She did in home visit. I paid for 90 day hair drug test. I paisley 360.00 for dwi school and victim panel. I have kept up with all dr. Appts. I don't drink I don't use drugs. I attended NA meetings. I just haven't paid fees 1st state I owe 760.00 and in the state I am in now my PO is so cool. She said she would never issue a warrant for fines owed to the state I liven now.

Now this is where it gets messier,even if I didn't think it could. My husband has a new job in now a 3rd state. So my request to transfer to other state was denied. Husband pissed.like I don't feel bad enough already!! the kids are out of school by then and he will have no one to watch them. My fault again.

Being the unstable mother I was my kids were totally fucked up. They are finally better. But if I go to jail my daughter will have a nervous breakdown literally. My son will be hurt. They are big mommies babies.

I just wanted to let you guys know a little bit more.

But I will update again after I go smoke.

• Ashamedmommy
    @mammateeroll @Luvlyssa please read update more in about 5 minutes

Thank you for listening/reading/supporting.

Hope you guys don't go to bed while I am gone for 5 minutes. I have a couple of thing I wanted to ask/ say
  • Ashamedmommy
    I was sentenced to 4 years probation- dwi 2 years was the sentence I got. I have already have done 1 year so does that mean that I could only get the remaining 11 months? Like I said before I cannot go to jail.personally I don't know if I could live knowing that I have hurt my children so badly.
    I m on a mental illness caseload. Hopefully I can talk to the first PO tomorrow describe my situation last fall. Send her hospital docs. Send her new plea agreement for new charges. And a plan to complete community service.

Can y'all think of something else I could do. Do you will lift me coming back to the original if I call her tomorrow let her new that the 2new charges are taken care of and I will start community service in new state. Or do I just come out and ask her hey am I going to jail for this. I would like to know before I drive 6 hours to have a meeting. I need to get things in order. I am not mentioning this to my children, but if I have to go to jail I will set them down and do my best.

They denied my request my application to transfer my probation to the state we are moving to.

If she tells me that I am going to have to finish out my sentence in jail, I will wreck my car or do something really bad first. My children cannot handle me being jail. They have seen it twice only for overnight each time. But with those 2 times I KNOW I am not made for JAIL. I would even do house arrest.

Any ideas?
  • MistressHeidiMistressHeidi
    @Ashamedmommy Take a deep breath. Hang in there. My XH was on probation a lot. I don't know what state you are in so laws and things may vary, but as long as my xh was showing that he was trying his PO was usually pretty good. It sounds like you are making an effort and making an effort goes a long way with judges and PO's.

I don't have any great advice. @MammaTeeRoll has some great advice for you, and will probably have some more. She's a smart woman.  Hang in there, try not to stress so much, take deep breaths and try to relax. I'm sending you lots of hugs and warm thoughts.
  • Ashamedmommy
    I don't need food banks or churches to help. I did then but I didn't know where to go.

Now money is fine I just have to get some from my husband to start paying these fines.

I just want to know what the judge is going to do with me. Tried to look it up but almost every site are lawyers. Also states jail time, but I thought it was up to the judge.
  • AnonUser30
    What state are you in? The judge may not have a choice, or they may have a ton of discretion. Let me know more details about WHAT you have been / are charged with and I'll do by best. You can PM me if you want.
  • Peace
    #1, please, please, do NOT wreck your car or do something "really bad"...
    it will only make things worse. You need to stay calm, on the right track, & moving forward.

Keep doing what you are, gathering information & focusing on your family.
    I hope your PO can answer your questions.
    Is there a way to appeal the decision about you being able to move?
  • shadylaneshadylane
    if they did send u to jail u would only have to do the 11 months, i know it seems like a long time but u could do it, u would be amazed what u can handle when u don't have a choice. i did it and it didnt kill me though i thought it would. but the judge can put u back on probation and make u do 30 days or 60 days or house arrest or whatever he wants, or nothing. a violation doesn't mean ur going to jail. do not skip the meeting, don't make things worse. do what ur supposed to do and it will go a lot better. ask ur po what she thinks and what her reccomendation will be but she can't know exactly what the judge will do. be honest with her and tell everything that's going on, everything u have done to improve, send documentation of of ur new probation plan, any meds ur on, everything.  if u do go to jail its not the end of the world, 11 months out of ur life is not that long. doing something to keep from going will just prolong this ordeal, u want to get it over with asap. yes it will be hard for u and ur kids but u will get thru it and then it wil be over and everything will be fine. ive btdt and just when it was over i got arrested again and possibly going back to jail. its horrible they can lock u up for petty shit like that, i don't think its right but take it like a boss bitch and don't let them break u. i'm trying to take my own advice right now. its too late to go to the stores u wrote the checks at, after charges are filed u can't talk to them about it so don't waste ur time doing that. all u can do is show up at all ur meetings and do what they tell u to do and  ask for house arrest or day report and more community service.  and strt paying the fines that is the thing that will help u the most, if u show up there having paid nothing it will not look good.
    ~slim shady~
  • GritsGrits
    @shadylane is right. Fortunately, your bad checks were misdemeanors, so that will help some that it's not another felony. I've been thru all of this with DH many years ago. His PO was a hag, and she would have sent him back to jail in a flash if he had screwed up. Example: We went to a county fair 10 minutes from home, literally. We ran into her there, and she flipped her shit because he had left town without permission and made him come into her office the very next day.

The best thing you can do is keep your nose clean and do EXACTLY what you're told. After you've been charged, there isn't a whole lot you can do. If you haven't already, pick up the checks from the County Attorney's office, pay any fines and restitution, and report to every probation meeting on time. Your PO can be a great advocate for you in court if you show him/her that you're really trying. Prosecutors listen to recommendations from the people in those positions.

Please don't do anything drastic. I know that this seems like an endless road right now, but your kids need you to set an example for them. Mommy made a mistake and got in trouble. When grown ups get in trouble, sometimes they have to go to jail. But you will be back. Hurting yourself or worse is only going to delay the inevitable, if not make your situation worse. You can do this. Head up, @Ashamedmommy, and change that name! You are owning up for something you did. There is no shame in that!
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • Ashamedmommy
    Right now I have a call into the probation officer in the 1st state. I am going to ask her about what I can do before the meeting. I left her a message. Then later today I go to DA office here to enter into my plea agreement.

Then I will tell them that my cases are closed. When I spoke to secretary like person yesterday,btw complete bitch, she said that I had 2 open cases. I told her that I was meeting with DA and the judge today to enter my plea. She did say well that shows better with you.

I have been up all night looking up information. As far as my probation transferring to another state is actually mandatory if husband had job/military in another state.

But I really think they are looking at the two open cases that I have. I am also on the mental impaired caseload.

I just wish that the first state po would call back to answer some of my questions.the waiting is killing me..

Husband is pissed that I have done this to the family. Like saying what's HE going to do if I can't move. Well if you would have come up off the GD money to pay my fines I would not of had that violation. I know the two new charges are all me. He would not give me money when I left the house and got the apartment. He gave me enough for one months rent. I begged for money for food. I called food bank and was told since I did not have children living with me all they could give me was a loaf of bread and peanut butter. I called my family but they would not send me money.

I lived in the ghetto seriously 2 drive-bys in a week. I have never heard gunshots except in the movies. I was scared. Terrified is more like it!

I called and told my mom. She is scared as well. I told her that when the call no one was home and I couldn't get ahold of her. My kids and husband were gone. I started looking for pills to take but wasn't sure if taking the sleeping pills would permanent sleep. I just can't see myself in jail. When I had to spend the night it was horrible.

I just don't know what to do.

• Ashamedmommy
    @grits my po in the state that I am in now is awesome but my original probation is in another state. I have never met that po ever. I know the only thing I can do about the checks and misuse of credit card is accept the plea today and pay fines and restitution. ONTIME!!! Tell my original po that I will make ONTIME payments.

I just want to know what her recommendation will be! Hopefully no jail time. Like I said house arrest weekends more probation more fines, anything but jail!

I am so scared!
  • shadylaneshadylane
    All u can do is just what I told u, trust me I have been thru this I was in prison for over a year for dui and some petty shit, I couldn't see myself in jail either I come from a good respected family, have a college degree but they didn't care actually that hurt me b/c they said I had no excuse. They broke it off in my ass even though they say nonviolent offenders shouldn't go to prison b/c of overcrowding well they didn't give a shit about me or my situation or problems. Let me tell u I did hard fucking time with murderers and baby killers, I didn't belong there but I survived, looking back it doesn't seem like I was there that long, a year isn't much out of ur whole life. If it happens u will just do the time, there's nothing u can do. U get used to it after awhile and I actually met some really cool ladies. There's no point in freaking out now, prepare for the worst and hope for the best, it seems like ur dealing with reasonable people. U just have to accept the possibility and do what ur supposed to do and don't fuck it up any more. If it happens it happens take it like a woman and make the best of it.
    ~slim shady~
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    Telling you not to worry would be futile, but you are expending an enormous amount of energy fearing the future. 

Take a deep breath and just do the next right thing. The next right thing might be washing dishes, sorting laundry, listening to music you like, or it might be doing nothing. 
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • Peace
    Ok, @ashamedmommy. Right now you're doing all the right things to resolve this.
    Try to breathe & calm down. I know it's scary. But you need to be focused now.

Please. No more thoughts of suicide. Please.
    You call your doctor, you call a crisis line, anyone.

You said you love your kids too much to *possibly* leave them for months.
    Don't you love them too much to leave them forever?
    We both know that would destroy their lives.

Hugs, momma. You can get through this... >:D<
  • Ashamedmommy
    @peace if I go to jail my son and daughter will never get over it. They went ballistic when I got arrested the first time. Then when the officer came to get me for the new charges she was home from school sick. I was so nervous I couldn't even find a pair of shoes...I forgot to hug her goodbye. I could not quit crying about that. I finally got to make a phone call and I called her and apologized to her. Since then she has slight separation anxiety. She is a tween and she has been sheltered her entire life. She is very hormonal. This will damage her for life.

If I die then she will know that I went to a better place. No nightmares of what might happen to me while in jail. Just a funeral she will see me go in the ground she will know that I am in heaven. Not in a jail cell who know what her imagination will think of. She will know that I am in heaven looking down on her and her brother.

I can't do this to her or him. I have tried before but I was always found before it was too late.
  • scholarmom4
    @Ashamedmommy, take a deep breath. Things are rarely as bad as we worry they will be. Def call and see what the liklihood is of jail before the meeting. This way you can have an answer which is less stressful than not knowing, and you can prepare your children physically and emotionally. I would make every effort to pay fines and make a concerted effort to show that you are making strides and trying to rectify the situation. Ask if you need to retain a lawyer too. Just get all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself. do not do anything to yourself!!! That would hurt your children far worse!! I am so sorry that you are dealing with so much stress and turmoil! Such a hard situation! It will work out. Have faith. Hugs!!
  • Luvlyssa
    @ashamedmommy *hugs* and breath. The po officers are not out to break up families. I honestly do NOT think you'll go to jail. if you do? Seriously it'll be 24 hours. and it won't be today. You'll be scheduled to go in. We'll figure out something to tell your babies. Honestly? truthfully? I'd liiiiiiie and say I had to go spend the night with a friend and i'd be back tomorrow.

But you're doing the right steps and I'm PROUD of you for doing so. it takes a lot of courage to admit we did something wrong. and then to take the nasty blame for it. so be proud of yourself for doing this.

It really won't be that bad. I'll keep an eye on this today as I'm in and out. I'm curious what your PO will say.
    Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
  • scholarmom4
    I agree with @Luvlyssa! Just say you are visiting a friend or family. Children don't always need the ugly details of the adult world! Hugs!!
  • shadylaneshadylane
    This will be over in 11 months at the most, ur kids will not be scarred for life. If u kill urself they will be. 11 months is nothing compared to a lifetime without their mother. I know how u feel, I sometimes think I would rather die than go back to that place but my daughter is the only thing keeping me from doing it. Besides I think ur freaking out for nothing, here they don't send u back ur first violation unless its something major. If u have to do 30 days or something that is a piece of cake, u can sleep it away. It will be hard on ur kids but they will not be traumatized for life.
    ~slim shady~
  • Ashamedmommy
    @shadylane violations are 2 new misd. Charges nonpayment of fines and not completing community service.
  • lilmissbreakmyheartlilmissbreakmyheart
    @Ashamedmommy , i use www.expertlaw.com for some feedback on custody type stuff, but they have other sections too. maybe check it out??
  • Ashamedmommy
    Went to DA office to see a judge and put in my plea agreement. The DA took the afternoon off. WTF! And I have been calling the Tx po and she is not answering or returning phone calls. I even left a msg with the other supervisor still no callback. Hands are still tied. So frustrated!
  • HotSouthernMess
    This really irks me...just today I read in TMZ that one of the MTV teen mom went back to jail for lying about being at the ER with kidney stones or something like that, and they let her go again. It's not fair. Normal people like you @ashamedmommy are scared to death about going to jail because of basically money. Nonpayment of fines, bogus checks, and credit card use. I say big fucking deal. Banks have insurance credit cards have insurance. The city or county will do fine without your payments of you fines. I call bullshit on the whole charges! Can you get an attorney ?

Ladies... Does she need one?

I know we all need to get together and give her one huge hug! She needs it! Also sending good vibes your way.
  • Luvlyssa
    @ashamedmommy what.the.fuck. seriously took the afternoon off? ... uhm are you in utah perchance? cuz we ran into this OVER AND OVER with my then boyfriend... we'd go in to talk "oh he's off for the day" "oh the judge took the day off"
    REALLY COURT SYSTEM REALLY?!

as for @HotSouthernMess asking if you need an attorney... yes. get a free one. states provide those ;) someone who defends them selves has a fool for a lawyer.
  • Ashamedmommy
    @Luvlyssa I don't work but I am married and my household income is too high to get a court appointed attoy. I wish I could.

@hotsouthernmess I don't know why so called celebrity think they are above the law. Wait it's because the law proves it to them that they are.
  • Luvlyssa
    @ashamedmommy ah ok. well what about calling around and getting a free consult? I don't think you should do this w/out one...
  • Ashamedmommy
    Still another day of not knowing anything. I wish the po from tx would call!
  • SpringSpring
    Alright, I just have to address what you said about your daughter being better off if you died instead of jail. Honey, she would not. Coming from the wife of someone whose mother has tried to kill herself twice now, it crushes them to death. Nothing, not even his mother in jail would be harder for him than the times she's taken bottles of pills, trying to die. It makes him feel unwanted, not worth it, and completely disregarded. I know you don't want that for your daughter or son. I promise this will all be over soon and uou'll be able to look back and breathe a sigh of relief that you got through it all. You can do it! Remember you have this SM army behind you and they seem to be quite the powerful thing! >:D<
    "Sometimes I question my sanity. Sometimes it replies."
  • onetimeonetime
    In PA, there is a program called "Justice Related Services" for folk who have mental health issues. A caseworker basically walks through the court hearings with you, and recommends a treatment program as an alternative to jail time. They stay with you through the treatment, and do many things to ensure you are successful. Find out if your state has something like this, it has been the saviour in our lives! 
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • HotSouthernMess
    @onetime Hkghgfhn.
  • shadylaneshadylane
    If I knew I was goin to jail I woulda fucked my attorney -- Weezy F. Baby
    ~slim shady~
  • Ashamedmommy
    Well I finally got ahold of the tx po office. Well she really didn't tell me anything. She is waiting on paperwork from ok. I am guessing from the DA. She said that I will not be arrested that day. But that they would probably sending a motion to revoke probation. But I have to be there the 6th. I am so upset. I can't quit crying. What have I done to my kids? I am horrible!
  • shadylaneshadylane
    Just b/c they send the motion doesn't mean the judge will revoke u, here u get 3 chances
    ~slim shady~
  • Ashamedmommy
    Even when I had new charges.
  • Luvlyssa
    @ashamedmommy You'll be fine!!!! see if you can find something similar to @onetime mentioned.
    i say the following with love. suck it up darlin. google like hell. get an attorney. You will be fine. it's not like you're a murderer or rapist (though I admit they get off easy these days) remember our jails are VERY over crowded... jail time, though possible, will probably be a max of a few days (if you get the choice go in on a weekday so you can get OUT, if you go in on a friday you're stuck til at least monday)

I have a friend, sara, whom I call my sister wife. I love her to death despite her insane stupidity. she had a number of charges still on paper when she got out on probation. (burglary, drug charges, drug paraphnailia (spelling ugh), as well as child endangerment (linked to her drug use)

sara... being the person she is... got out and was clean all of a month. went back to smoking spice (Illegal where she lives) and then that turned to meth... she was seeing her PO every week and getting UA'd every few weeks. well... she knew she'd test dirty.
    so she fled her state. a warrant was issued for her arrest 3 days later.
    she eventually came back for a funeral... and needed money. so being the stupid dumb ass she is (keep in mind she was STILL on probation, a warrant was out on her... ) decided to be a stupid dealer and took meth from utah to idaho (where the funeral was)

sigh ok and now you guys get to see who I am.
    I saw her here in utah... I hugged her, held her hand and told her I loved her.
    as soon as she left my sight I called her PO and Utah police. she was arrested in idaho. went down for intent to distribute... and all the other charges.
    do you know how long she spent in jail? FOUR MONTHS!!!!!!! that's it! for a whole slew of NEW charges and all the old ones.

so you? likely a couple days if that.

sorry. I  know it's a lot. I just wanted you to have something real life to compare it to. but your stuff? yeah a big deal. life ending? not worth that honey. You're doing better. you're better than this. now just PROVE IT.
  • Ashamedmommy
    @Luvlyssa thank you so much for your posts. I have contacted a lawyer waiting to hear back. I have to get oe in Texas. So my consult will be either online or phone.
  • Ashamedmommy
    Also I have hardly slept since I found out. I have googled continuously. But I can't find anything that is good. Basically it is just up to the judge. From what I am reading. I will let you all know what the lawyer says once. I find out.
  • shadylaneshadylane
    even with new charges its up to the judge, u will have a revocation hearing and both sides will present their arguments. if u get the chance to say something tell him how ur life is completely changed and u werent urself when u did those things and beg for one more chance. he can return u to probation with new requirements, like a few days or weeks in jail or house arrest, day report, counseling or whatever, or he could put u back on with nothing. or he could revoke u and put u on house arrest for the whole 11 months
    ~slim shady~
  • Ashamedmommy
    I know everyone is giving kind words....but I dont know what to do. This wait not knowing anything is killing me. I can't quit crying. I can't tell my kids why I am crying. I just want it to be over. I would check myself into the hospital if I didn't have so much to do. Kids last day of school is tomorrow. I have to get this house ready for the movers to move my stuff to a house I am not going to be able to go to. I have migraine from all of the stress. Is there anything I can do between now and the 6th?
  • Ashamedmommy
    Ok I went and met with DA in OK today. Everything is set in OK.

So I called TX after I got the registered letter this morning. I didn't speak to the probation supervisor but the lady that sent the letter. She is usually a bitch but I called today again to ask her what paperwork I need to bring. She said judgments and probation agreement. So again I asked her about being arrested on June 6th. She said that there is not a motion to revoke probation. She said he meeting is to go over violations. I told her that I have no where to stay in TX while they were deciding what to do. She said that I am still under OK supervision.
  • Ashamedmommy
    So since the movers are coming on Tuesday I guess that we will stay in lodging until the 6th. Then go to meeting in TX. Then get a travel permit to my moms and wait to hear something. Hopefully after I faxed in the paperwork and see her explained why I did the things I did and my DH reassures her that the back fines will be paid in full June 30th that they don't send the revocation. Also after speaking to the admin person she said after I speak to TX PO and the OK charges are no longer pending the transfer request will take about a week to approve. I am just hoping with no pending charges and promise to pay they will not revoke my probation.

When I talked to the probation supervisor in OK today he actually read my terms of probation. And explained them to me something TX did not do.

Then a lawyer asst. Finally called e back basically told me nothing. Just said that she would pull my info from TX and OK and all me back Tuesday.

So now my question... Do y'all think I should get a attorney BEFORE the meeting I have on June 6th?? That money could go toward my fines that I have in TX.
  • Ashamedmommy
    Please any opinions
  • Ashamedmommy
    Bump please help.
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    Did you ask the woman who you spoke to if she recommended you get a lawyer? It's really hard to know which route to go, having a lawyer is always a benefit, if it's going to be a fairly straightforward process, then I would put the money towards the fines. Call them tomorrow and see what they suggest?

community-manager

• Peace
    Is there any way you could get some of the community service hours in?
    Just so they could see that this time you'll follow through..

Did dh pay the fines and did the lawyer's assistant call you back?
  • Ashamedmommy
    I did get a lawyer pd 3500.00. He did really do anything. told me thing were going to be ok. Then I get to court and I have to do 14 daysin county jail. 300.00 fine then my transfer will go through the day I get out of county. They are going to have me in the mental health ward. I dont know if that is a good thing or not. I ask if I would be by myself and my atty said no. so we will see. The PO did give me a travel voucher to go to NE to enroll my kids in school and another for their first day.