Kids shows that I fucking hate
  • AnonUser27
    I can't stand the Fresh Beat Band. The one yellow guy that says "goes a little something like this" makes me want to hurl. Then there's the show called Guess How Much I Love You. From the title you would think it would be a fab loving show, right? Well not for this bitch. The bunnies names are Big Nut Brown Hare and Little Nut Brown Hare. Every time I hear them say the names during the show I give the tv an evil look. But these bunnies need nick names damnit! They say the whole name out every single time. I can't help but think of a hairy nut sack when I hear it. I've tried and I just can't.
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    Barney, in the night garden, and calliou are cruel fucking jokes.

community-manager

• tothemoonandbacktothemoonandback
    Max and Ruby (I know there's a WHOLE other thread about that one but I seriously want to punch Ruby in the bunny face "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAX..."), Calliou, and Barney.  I didn't know there was a Guess How Much I Love You show.. I get irritated with their names just reading the book!!
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • NurseMom
    Adventure Time. The worst show ever made.
    Oh, and Thomas the Train, I have no idea why.. but it creeps me out.
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe
  • AnonUser27
    WTF is wrong with Calliou?? Shouldn't he be showing kids the correct way to speak? Thats like the child care centers that have a name like Kids Korner. Way to set an example.
  • AnonUser27

Max and Ruby (I know there's a WHOLE other thread about that one but I seriously want to punch Ruby in the bunny face "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAX..."), Calliou, and Barney.  I didn't know there was a Guess How Much I Love You show.. I get irritated with their names just reading the book!!

I love the book, but an entire show? I want to rip my ears off.
  • deviltwinsmommadeviltwinsmomma
    Im pretty chill with the kids shows but this fucking cartoon makes me wanna punch the tv NINJAGEO little lego ninjas wtf!!
    my mother used to sing me a song. It went like this: "Life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.
  • AnonUser27
    @deviltwinsmomma why cant they just be ninjas? Why do they have to be friggin legos?!
  • deviltwinsmommadeviltwinsmomma
    Ohh theres more they combine those fucking lego ninjas with lego harry potter and lego pirates the show is fucking schizophrenic
    my mother used to sing me a song. It went like this: "Life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.
  • AnonUser27
    Oh and I don't "mind" Jake and the Neverland Pirates, but I can't stand that they call the gold "gold a blooms". I just don't understand.
  • beansma3beansma3
    Yo Gabba Gabba.. it's literally like im giving my son heroin and taking a hit for myself as well.
  • AnonUser27
    That red gabba gabba dude looks like a dildo.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    @MassHysteria:    they're gold dabloons (sp?)  that's the "classic" pirate treasure...what irritates me about that show is the Never Bird...dd started saying "never" to freaking EVERYTHING!

And Barney...he's just plain freaky.  When I was pregnant, I said NOO Barney ANYTHING...to everybody.

They're all starting to get on my nerves...God I've got to get her back into day care!!!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • French_momFrench_mom
    Well since Caillou was originally made in french... it was'nt so bad.. but once i caught it on pbs...wow very very bad. Oh and Rosie's name in french is Clémentine cuter  :) 

A show i could'nt stand was Teletubbies... Tele on their belly ?  drove me nuts.  Four Square was bad too. The blue dudes in spandex. 
    It is for me to know and you to dot dot dot.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    @French_mom:  I forgot about Teletubbies, that's another one that was just plain freaky!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • French_momFrench_mom
    BF use to say about Teletubbies : the creators of that show must be smoking something REEEAL good to come up with that shit! 
  • lolafllolafl

Little Bill, Sid the Science Kid, Yo Gabba Gaba and Calliou.  UGH - hate 'em.  I will dive for the remote.

@MassHysteria - LOL!!  I always thought the red thing on Yo Gabba Gabba looked like a dog chew toy but your idea is WAY better - I might be able to suffer through that show now! :)

• FoulMouthedSailorFoulMouthedSailor
    I'm happy Dw keeps kids cartoons underlock and key, but I really hate Wonder pets. I had a nightmare they tried to kill me one night using "team work".

@French_mom I think the creators of the Telletubbies were some sex deprived creepers.
    You show the lights that stop me turn to stone, You shine it when I'm alone. And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
    And dreaming when they're gone.
  • AnonUser27
    Dino Dan sucks ass too IMO. Sid the Science Kid is always a friggin repeat too. "Why is my banana all brown and mushy". Sid can go play in traffic as far as I'm concerned.
    I will say this, Handy Manny is hott. His accent, how he treats people and his tool belt. I'd bang him.
  • French_momFrench_mom
    this scarred me for life  Four Square 

I can't believe i forgot the amazing Boobah  worse then Teletubbies imo @FoulMouthedSailor  i am sure you will love it :P 

• MommyFaceMommyFace
    Lol @ BelleBfana !! I too loathe the Never Bird.... Other than that, I can handle kids shoes. We are currently saddled with all Thomas all the time... And Despiroux (so?) That mouse, its an older movie, but there's a guy who says "I don't wanna hear it!" And DS picked that up. Now he shouts that when I'm speaking to him... That I could live without.
  • AutumnAutumn

DS loves Dinosaur Train.  It was ok at first..but now I always have the fucking song stuck in my head!  "Dinosaur Train..Dinosaur Train.  Once upon a time there was a mom.  Her name was Mrs. Pteranadon.."
    Same goes for The Cat in the Hat..cool show..annoying theme song!

I attempted to watch Yo Gabba Gabba once.  I thought I was going to have a seizure!  lol  That show is just..I mean WTF!  Who comes up with that shit?!

VeggieTales.. :-&

• BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    I think it was Peppa the Pig that went around saying "i hate xyz" the whole episode...as a result, I do not ALLOW dd to watch that one...we're now on to Dora, Diego, and Doc McStuffins.  

The theme song I wake up screaming to though, is Chuggington, oh, and Wonder Pets
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • Emmie
    Caillou is a whiny brat who always gets his way.  Do NOT like that show.

Then there is a cartoon about a male "cow" with an udder, and the farmer is a vegetarian.  I only saw it twice, but it was beyond ridiculous. 

I don't like shows that center on farting, etc.  I mean it is one thing if 8 y/o boys talk about that, but to have adults do an entire show about it?  No way!
  • pdxmama
    I can actually deal with the majority of nick jr and Disney jr shows. I have an amazing ability to tune them out. But there are a couple that make me wanna peel my skin off! Dino Dan being the main offender. Fucking Dorkasaurus that kid! "Mom don't be alarmed but there's a compsanophus under your bed. Better get my dino tracker..." Come on! There are dinosaurs walking around everywhere but only he can see them?? I HATE that kid! And Little Bill, with his crying and whining all the time. Oobi, thank GOD that doesn't seem to be on anymore. Most of the other ones that really bug me are on Sprout. Caillou, Barney, Angelina.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    DD is quite well brainwashed...when something comes on I won't let her watch, like Phineas and Ferb, she comes running in to were I am screeming, "mooommmmmy, Phineas and Ferb is NOT  appropriate for me...."

Anything that comes on I don't let her watch she does that!  And at night if she gets out of bed, she comes in to the LR with her hands over her eyes...
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Yeah, I don't do Sprout very often here, I can't stand the "in between" shit on Sprout.

That being said, if you want a really good channel for little ones (probably 3 and under) Baby 1st TV is fantastic.  There's only one show on there I don't like and that's this mime..I forget the name, but he's just freaky weird, like pedophile weird.  He comes on and dd's watching, I just change the channel or turn it off.  Other than him, these are short little 5-10 minute thinks...Miu Mao, Tek the Tractor, Harry the Bunny, and the bedtime programming is really cool...a lot of artsy stuff.
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • momoffour
    the one with Rigby and he always says "you know who does that, MY MOM!!!" That pisses me off to no end for some reason!!!!
  • littlebitz
    Oobie the talking hand on Nick Jr. A while back. Another show teaching kids to talk the wrong way.
  • episcopal
    @pdxmama, The Little Bill I remember came on sometime in the mid to late 90s when DD was a toddler and in preschool.  I think Bill Cosby produced it.  I don't remember Little Bill being whiny.  Are we talking about the same Little Bill, or has he copped an attitude as the years have gone by?
  • LA_PygmyHerderLA_PygmyHerder

What freaks me out about Little Bill is that it's based off of Bill Cosby's deceased son. I just can't get that out of my head when it's on.

Team Umi Zumi sets my teeth on edge. Luckily my kids are in school when it's on now :)

• bombkittybombkitty
    Thank god my kids are in school.  Dora and Diego are the most annoying thing EVER.  I hate the Nick Jr shows, they all talk to kids like they are stupid.  Special Agent Oso, please shoot me in the face.  Caillou doesn't really bother me, it's just boring as hell (I realize it's not supposed to entertain ME...)  I can't stand all the Pokemon, Digimon, Naruto.  Ed, Edd and Eddy is banned for all TIME!!  One of the myriad reasons we got rid of the TV.
    My oldest LOVED the Teletubbies.  It didn't really bug me.
    I miss the old Blue's Clues and Bear in the Big Blue House.  I can do a mean Bear Cha-cha-cha!  
    \m/
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Oh, God, I had to turn Dora OFF today!  It was getting on my nerves so freaking bad!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • LLBLLB
    Wonder pets! Who thinks that teaching kids to speak incorrectly is a good idea!!!

And yeah calliou is no longer on!!! Well at least that's what my kids think! :-p
  • pdxmama
    @episcopal, nope same Little Bill. The last few times I've seen it he's been whining or crying about something.
    @littlebitz yes! That's one of the things I hate the most about Oobi! The way they fucking talk. Isn't this supposed to be somewhat educational preschool programming? And he says shit like, "Oobi, store, go?" "grand-poo, dinner, make?" Aahhh! Makes me wanna break the tv.
  • bombkittybombkitty
    I think the Wonder Pets are cute.   :D
    Of course my kids never insisted on watching it, so that may be why...also they are a little older, so the lispy speech on the show doesn't bother me.  
  • BeautifulDefianceBeautifulDefiance
    DORA!! Omg dd5 was once hospitalized for four days and watched it for 72 hours straight, changed it for half a movie and went right back. Wtf?? Also, she just discovered caillou. I hate it. He talks like a 2 year old. At least Dora was teaching her something. Why oh why could they have kept fraggle rock and gummy bears around? Hello, She-ra anyone?
    I prefer not to think before speaking. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

SMSM_s_5

• runbitchrunrunbitchrun
    Dino Dan. I hate that kid.
  • DontpooponthedogDontpooponthedog
    Doodlebops-seriously what the fuck?!! 

Handy Manny is hott. His accent, how he treats people and his tool belt. I'd bang him.

I can't stop laughing my ass off on this.  But an FYI- Kelly would shank you for breathing near her man so you don't have much of a change with him.

=))

• TrEr02TrEr02
    Little Bear...fresh beat band..cloes closet...and wubzy!!
    We got no food, no jobs...OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!
  • AnonUser27

Doodlebops-seriously what the fuck?!! 

Handy Manny is hott. His accent, how he treats people and his tool belt. I'd bang him.

I can't stop laughing my ass off on this.  But an FYI- Kelly would shank you for breathing near her man so you don't have much of a change with him.

=))

Yeah Kelly and that pesky Mr. Lopart!! 
  • runbitchrunrunbitchrun
    I always thought Manny and Kelly were doing the deed.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    @pdxmama:  I'm not familiar with Oobi, but that's actually pretty advanced language for 1-2 year olds...that's how they learn language.  Whether or not it's o.k. on a TV show, idk.  But if you listen to toddlereze carefully, you'll notice that it's perfectly normal language development.
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • MrsPMrsP
    The Electric Company and Fresh Beat makes my blood pressure rise, but ds5's shows aren't half as bad as dsd10's; Jessie, Ant Farm, Shake It Up...I want to clothesline all of those 12 y/o skanks. Just thinking about it is annoying me now!! X(
    "Women are like bags of tea. You never know how strong they are until they're in hot water."
    The Upside Down Show creeps me out too.. not sure if it's still on as they changed the entire evening lineup for Nick Jr.  The Wiggles is never on at our house.
  • MrsPMrsP
    Fuck the Wiggles.
    "Women are like bags of tea. You never know how strong they are until they're in hot water."
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike

I've said this before, but Special Agent Oso. I mean, he gets a fucking digi-medal for every damn thing he does, no matter how simple or basic! Definitely a show written by a man.

And Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It's garbage trying to masquerade as an educational show. And if I have to listen to Goofy say "Gorsh!" one more fucking time, so help me, I will not be responsible for my actions.

Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • scholarmom4
    calliou makes me want to bang my head against the wall!!!!! What is wrong with that kid??? He is so f'ing annoying! And Barney makes me gag!!!
  • battibatti

I will say this, Handy Manny is hott. His accent, how he treats people and his tool belt. I'd bang him.

@masshysteria OMG. I just fell in love with you. I've never admitted to anyone...
    I, too, have a crush on Handy Manny. I picture Wilmer Valderama in Manny's outfit.

I always thought Manny and Kelly were doing the deed.

Me too!!!!! LMAO!!!
    Poor Mr. Lopart, he wants Manny so bad, always trying to show off his handy 'skills' and impress him..

My kids love this Shaun the Sheep show, ugh its so annoying! I also can't stand Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Every time DS2 sees anything Mickey-related he says 'diggity dog hot dog!' And I get that STUPID SONG trapped in my brainz for HOURS and I go insane aaaahhhhhh!!!!!

SMSM_s_5

• AnonUser27
    What about Bubble bubble bubble guppies guppies guppies. That gets stuck in my head too. I can't stand any of the tween shows on Disney. A couple weeks ago the toy in McDonalds Happy meals was something from Victorious. I was like what the heck is that?! Well, its one of "those" shows.

When I was a kid I wasn't allowed to watch certain shows, even on Nickelodeon. There was a show called "You Can't Do that on Television". I couldn't watch that because it was all burping and farting jokes and whatnot. I can't even remember what else I couldnt watch.

I used to let my DD watch spongebob, but that was before she could comprehend what was going on. Then one day she started karate chopping me and called me dumb right after the show. And that was the end of Spongebob.