#189120 - Diaper Discipline
  • mommydeliriousmommydelirious
    WTF - Neighbor told me today that she and her DH have decided to put their 12 year old son back in diapers 24/7 this summer as part of "diaper discipline" because he's not behaving. Never heard of this!

Im gonna support your WTF, and raise you a "Have fun paying for therapy for the next 6yrs!"
    Photobucket
  • momnipotentmomnipotent
    whaaaat the fuck :s
    *ad astra per alia porci*
    my nuts hang like there aint no curfew
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!? I'm all for creative, out of the box, effective punishments/consequences/disciplinary actions but this is not one. I don't quite get what actio warrants this punishment.

And if it's because the child has bed wetting issues...this might not be the way to go about it...or at least not something you'd advertise to your neighbors.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • irishlassirishlass
    OMG! This is so incredibly degrading. I call abuse. This is so screwed up!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    This is certainly going to set him back in the worst way :( At 12 years old? No.

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • nessamommynessamommy
    That. Is. Freaking. Weird. 
    Some parents are screwed up in the head.
    If life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in life's eye!
  • DreamerDreamer
    This is WAY disturbing.  In my mind bordering on crossing that line of abuse.  I dunno.  This bothers me.
    There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other. Which one are you?
  • UnrestMomUnrestMom
    I just googled it because I couldn't imagine what it entailed....now I wish I didn't. Disgusting and abusive.
  • momnipotentmomnipotent
    yeah I think a calll to.cps would be warranted in this case
    *ad astra per alia porci*
    my nuts hang like there aint no curfew
  • ZidashaZidasha

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!? I'm all for creative, out of the box, effective punishments/consequences/disciplinary actions but this is not one. I don't quite get what actio warrants this punishment.

And if it's because the child has bed wetting issues...this might not be the way to go about it...or at least not something you'd advertise to your neighbors.

^^^^ Same here!!

At 12 I'm sure he has plenty of extra's that can get taken away.  My stb 7 y.o. get's his computer and t.v. time taken away when he starts acting like a 2 y.o.  I just tell him if he wants the extra's he needs to listen and start acting his age.
    "I have a theory that placenta is brain matter I push out, so with each child I get dumber and dumber." ~ Unknown

• canadamom
    Even if I had of heard of this, no way would I have considered it.  It took too long to get DS OUT of diapers and pull ups - no way would I purposely regress him!!

• Quietmom
    Yeah I googled this and this shit is ridiculous. I cannot write any form of support for this discipline even though we are supposed to support everyone. This is abuse, and if I knew who and where you were I'd call CPS on your crazy ass.
    Like a river and a waterfall, a strong person channels their own path...
  • AnonUser32AnonUser32
    I had to look it up to see what it was and OMG. If they think that will work I wonder what other forms of constructive parenting they've tried. Their poor child.... I'd have issue too if I was in that household.
    Without reason you have Rhythm and Rhyme the type of girl who knows how to have a good time... You take what you want except no for an answer... And I know first hand you're one hell of a dancer... So calling all cars and low and behold you're a real livewire with a heart of gold
    Diaper discipline, also called diaper punishment or "DD", is a type of psychological punishment that involves shaming and humiliating a child/teen (typically used on children between the ages of 2-18. But rarely it is sometimes used on children younger then 2 and older than 18.) by forcing them to wear diapers like a baby. Diaper discipline is administered by the child’s parent(s) to manage the rebellious behavior of children and teenagers. There is a true account of one person's experience with diaper discipline as a child. You can read that by clicking "HERE".

It is similar to diaper domination used on adults, a form of BDSM play rather than legitimate punishment. Many AB (adult baby) or DL (Diaper lover) sites have countless stories regarding being forced to wear a diaper and otherwise be treated as if they were a baby for such things as their parents find out they wet their bed, crying "like a baby" and so. Treating the submissive as baby with the idea of "If your going to act like a baby, I am going to treat you like one". It is sometimes difficult to distinguish AB/DL fiction from the actual real life use of diapers and/or baby items as a punishment. Diapering is an effective punishment for many reasons; the shame and embarrassment of being dressed as a baby, physical discomfort from the diapers' bulk and heat, and the psychological ramifications of being forced to wet and soil oneself. 

Diaper discipline is carried out for various reasons and in a variety of ways. Often, it is simply a retaliation to immature behavior with the mind set being that "if you're going to act like a baby, then you'll be treated like a baby", One person on the board is now 19 years old. Her parents put her in DD and regressed her to that of a toddler, all because she didn't get a job after high school. Her parents admit in one post that they did it because they didn't want her to grow up. Many parents on the site deliberately expose their kids to family members and friends, and even change them in front of visitors. It's embarrassing as hell, any adult seen nakid can confirm that. It's not any easier for a child/teen. I have heard parents say they use restraints (similar to those used in mental hospitals) to keep the kid on the changing table and prevent them from fighting. And to restrain them into the crib for the night so they can't get out of the crib. Or spank them until they agree to go along with it. And I have heard of a few parents taking pictures of their child/teen in diapers or in a crib and threaten to expose it at school or online to get the child to go along with the punishment with the least resistance possible. 

There was even a posts I came across on another site a long time ago. Parents poured bleach into the child's diaper and applied locking plastic pants to prevent removal of the diaper as part of the diaper discipline. So far I have only come across 2 people who have done this. They say it's to make the diapers uncomfortable or to give the kid diaper rash faster. The parents said they did it to make the punishment more effective, and make the kid think twice before breaking the rules again. I have to admit, if I had bleach in my diaper (I am incontinent so I know where these kids are coming from to a point), I would want to kill myself before I let that happen again. The bleach diapers are abuse of the worst kind I have come across. In other cases the reasoning behind the DD punishment is more complicated. 

Photobucket
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    Yeah...that is complete bullshit and total abuse.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • [Deleted User]
    Sick fucking people to say the least.
    Get me a damn beer.
  • Quietmom
    Abuse. Period. And @rosie08 sorry you're right. It was an instant emotional reaction when I didn't read the whole thing *blush* my opinion still stands though!
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    After reading it sounds more like abuse to me. I agree with @irishlass completely degrading.

confessional-manager

• [Deleted User]
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    well behaved women seldom make history
  • Quietmom
    Either that or they'd end up in some kind of codependent incestuous diapering relationship with their parents and probably do the same thing back to them or equally as fucked up. See, this is why I generally don't like people lol
  • [Deleted User]
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    well behaved women seldom make history
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    I agree with most of what I've read, this is NOT the way to go, especially with a 12 yo!!!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    @mammateeroll I didn't read up on the exact definition but I'm guessing the parent would make the 12 year old clean up after himself as well? 

confessional-manager

• unforgivenunforgiven
    @rosie08 Oh my goodness. I'm guessing then that THEY decide when it's time to change them whether they vocalize that they are soiled or not. :( That's gotta damage them psychologically! 

confessional-manager

I was reading about how some of them may wait longer to change them if they ask. And about putting bleach in the diapers plus covering with plastic pants...
    Photobucket
  • Babymakesthree
    omg googled this and CANNOT believe what I read...disgusting demented abusive cruel....who would do this?
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    WHY on EARTH would they put bleach in the diaper!!!???

confessional-manager

• jezebeldelilahjezebeldelilah
    This made me cry. Why would anyone do this to a child. Its abuse and horrible! Would bleach burn them? Like a chemical burn. Bleach foams and becomes active when in contact with urine or feces. I have seen it on potty!!
  • Desilou
    That's abuse my opinion and I would be calling CPS if I was the OP. Now I'm all down and will be worrying about the people that are subjected to this.
  • Luvlyssa
    Once again... I get sucked into this.

My... "parents" (I use quotes. sperm donor and host body are more appropriate) did this to my brother when he was.. gosh 13ish? (so this is... 25 years ago or roughly)

No one deserves this. Not even my bother (and he was a huge messed up kid)
    As far as I know they never did the bleach thing... but yeah. the diaper thing... it's humiliation at its worst. I remember them threatening to do it to me (My brother had a lot of behavior problems... brought on by us having horrible parents)

Honestly I know this sounds awkward. I feel awkward talking about it. But I can still see the visual of my brother in this large diaper... and socks (we lived in az... so can't go outside barefoot in the summer, you blister your feet quickly) and doing shit like making him walk to the street side mailbox... in nothing but the diaper. yeah it covered up all the important bits...

It failed with him... he never had any concept of shame or humiliation.

God I'd forgotten about this... totally and completely... thank you brain for protecting me.
    Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
  • AnonUser28
    What in the fuck? Yeah, this is abuse, plain and simple. It is cruel and unusual punishment. I can't believe that anyone would find this acceptable.
  • Katescrazymom

This is disgusting abuse!  Because my brain can't comprehend the magnitude of this degrading method of punishment, it skipped right to: I had to potty train dd on and off for almost 2 years.  Who the hell wants to change a 12 yo's diapers! 

This is very very wrong.

• sunnymommasunnymomma
    wow uh I thought that only exhisted in crazy out of this world erotic stories. Its real? who in their right mind.......oh never mind. OP please call cps about this. Save the child. 
    I am me, and I am loved