Medicaid I STILL dont have it!
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    So, now im getting fucking pissed  I applied for medicaid 3 fucking months ago.  I sent in everything they asked for but now they want more info  more obscure paper work and they wait a fucking month  between each time i talk to them to tell me they need more stuff.   Still dont have the fucking food stamps either I dont care so much about them i mean they would HELP alot but were getting by okay. 

Im freaking pregnant people( not yelling at you all)   I NEED to go to a damn doctor everything feels okay with this pregnancy and the little one is quite active but  I have only been to the doctor once and that was my initial 6 week appointment!!!  Im not sure what to do now, they are telling me they need proof DH cant get  unemployment, but now that he is working they say i need to RE apply  so great i get to start  the process all fucking over again?????????  

Im wondering if i just call a clinic if they will get me in and check me and the little one out  and have a social worker or someone there PUSH my medicaid through.  Does it even work like that????  I will have health ins the month before this little one comes with DH's new job, so does that make it now that i cant get medicaid?????  I dont know what to do and im feeling like a really shitty mom to be right now because my baby isn't geting the prenatal care he needs.  I take my vitamins  and im eating healthy and trying to stay low stress.  I just need to vent im so pissed right now.  Add to that little man still is not covered by medicaid and he needs his 9month check up like next week. 
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    ugh  prenatal care IT needs not he  i dont even know yet  Im just so used to saying he from little man
  • squishsquish
    3 months is a long time. Processing time for an application is 45 days. That's policy. Sounds like someone there messed up. And you can have other health insurance with Medicaid. It becomes the secondary payee. You shouldn't have to reapply because they should base your eligibility on the month you applied.

Call a supervisor and keep going up. The squeaky wheel and all.

Good luck.
  • undercoverbanana
    That was my experience, too, when I was preggo with my daughter. They try to discourage everybody. I'm trying to think of someone that may be able to help.....any place that requires you to have a caseworker might be able to help.....have you tried a church with a food bank? not for food, but for other help?
    i'm nekkid.
  • Charlotte_SometimesCharlotte_Sometimes
    yeah, what @squish said.  They have to make a decision within 45 days and actually I thought the deadline was shorter for pregnant women ( I worked briefly for a related gov't contractor)...  What state?

You might try finding a phone number and email address for your state Health and Human Services Ombudsman.  I have gone this route in the past and actually got results after banging my head against the wall for weeks dealing with incompetent caseworkers.  You can usually find this info on your state's HHSC website.
    "But a lesson must be lived in order to be learned" Ani DiFranco, Manhole
    "Screw you guys! I'm going home." Eric Cartman
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    any number i call including my case worker i get either sent directly to voice mail and get a message that the mailbox is full or it rings and goes to voicemail .....im in PA  and all my co workers keep saying its so easy to get help ect.  the only thing i have yet to do is go sit in the office all day wich i probably should do.   im just so tired of the run around  they never even notified me of my phone appointment  and tried to deny me for missing it  but i kept calling and calling till my case worker picked up then tore her a new one.  so then it got pushed through i sent the info they asked for then they asked for DH's proof of not getting unemployment by this time he had the job just wasn't working  and now they are saying since my situation changed  and he is working i now have to re apply.....im wondering if the clinics have a social worker who can get it all straightened out because they dont seem to give a crap at the office. 
  • MorganD
    Girl, go up to their office and raise hell. I know that it seems extreme, but going the usual way doesn't seem to be working. I was 30 weeks pregnant when I got Medicaid, because I went up there, demanded that they go over my paperwork RIGHT THEN, after 5 months of waiting, and said that if I didn't have coverage by the time my contractions started, I would give birth on their office floor. Needless to say, I got medicaid very quickly.
  • serenitynowserenitynow
    Im sure there are clinics like planned parenthood around as well that can give free or cheap prenatal care in the mean time
  • LLBLLB
    Here (CT) they have 45 days from the time you apply to approve or deny! If you sent in all the paperwork they requested 3 months ago then you should have it by now.

Another thing is that they will pay any outstanding medical bill you have even if you go to the dr before being approved. Unless you have already paid them. At least that is how it works here! If this is the same in PA then you should be able to set up an appointment and let them know that you have Medicaid pending.

I'm not sure how far along you are but you should not be waiting this long for prenatal care!

I'd march my pregnant ass down to DSS and demand (in a nice way, not screaming) that they tell me what the hold up is! It's much easier for them to ignore you over the phone than it is if you are standing right in front of them!
  • blkrosemommablkrosemomma
    I was curious about when my DSHS care would kick in. I kept getting notifications that I needed to fill this or that out and when I went into the office, waited 4 hours, I found out I had been approved like the month before and they retroactively took care of the two appointments that I didn't know I had DSHS.

You'll be surprised. You shouldn't be waiting to go to the doctor, it's not healthy and depending what state you are in they can charge you with fetal neglect unless you honestly don't know you are pregnant in which case they treat you like shit anyways. 

Go to the doctor. Wait in the Medicaid office for whatever time you have to to get an answer. Bring a copy of all your financial paperwork and photo copy of ID's as well as DH's most recent 3 paystubs. Really this should be all you need. 
  • boring_nameboring_name
    I agree with @blkrosemomma. DH has to go sit there tomorrow himself. We put in our review on the 6th of July... online systems said it wasn't processed yet.. he's called multiple times (left messages that never got returned). Today we got a letter that we won't get SNAP this month (Aug) because we didn't do the review.... uh... you mean the review that has been sitting in your online que for almost 30 days??? it is very frustrating.
    B
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    So i got the mail today  and guess what was in the mail  no not approval of medicaid  but the NOTICE of my phone interview that i missed  that interview was dated for 6/28/12 its now 8/2/12  and I JUST got the notice in the mail... yeah thats why I missed the phone interview  in the first place, i was never informed of it..... Im calling a clinic today to see if i can get in for tomorrow or next week sometime.    the odd thing is the postage date on the envelope is for june 21st so it seems the post office screwed that one up.  I'm also gonna call my case worker at some point today and  figure out for sure what i have to do regarding  weather i need to re apply  or what.      I know I need to go to the doctor but if the clinics here wont let me be seen without paying cash im not sure how it will work.   I went to  clinics in GA when I had no health ins  and they refused to see you unless you payed cash and a few here in PA same deal so  im not sure how the women's health clinics work. 
  • pistolpackingmomma
    don't have any advice on the medicaid thing but if all seems to be going well with the pregnancy so far and you don't have any major worries or past history of complications you might check around with midwives and home birth type places in your area to see if they will get you in and just check you out.  not sure where you are but i know in this area that the midwives and all are much more likely to be concerned with your health and your baby's health than getting paid and they will readily work out a payment plan or something to get you the care you and your little one need.  even if you choose to go with a ob after you get the insurance straightened out at least you can get a checkup and know all is well.  if you have any concerns about the pregnancy them my advice would be go to the er claiming abdominal pain/  i know it sounds shitty but it will get you seen and when the medicaid kicks in they will go back and pay the bill.  hugs and hope it all gets settled soon!
    Photobucket
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    mid wives and birthing centers in our area will not see me ..... Had a c section with little man  my entire pregnancy went amazing  but the cord was around his neck and his heart rate dropped drastically so it was an emergency they will only be 14 months apart so no midwife in the area would even be willing to see me because of the liability  from my previous c section.  I  hated my last OBGYN and called several birthing centers and midwifes when i first found out i was pregnant  they all said no  if i had been  2 years out from a c section it would be a different story.  
  • pistolpackingmomma
    that sucks.  all of my kiddos were preemies and high risk so i know how it goes when the midwives won't touch you.  my suggestion would be ER if you think you are having troubles.  even if you think all is well, if it will ease your mind, still, go to the er, tell them you are having abdominal pain.  at least they will monitor baby and you
    Photobucket
  • Charlotte_SometimesCharlotte_Sometimes
    Have you tried Planned Parenthood?  Some clinics provide prenatal care and if not I bet they'd be able to refer you..?

Also I found this, not sure if you have seen it (probably have) but perhaps you could make one of these resources work for you in the meantime:

http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/foradults/alternativestoabortionservicesprogram/index.htm
    "But a lesson must be lived in order to be learned" Ani DiFranco, Manhole
    "Screw you guys! I'm going home." Eric Cartman
  • GritsGrits
    @OxiMom, you really need to file a complaint with the Ombudsman. There should be a toll free or at least local number to reach them. Check any of the letters you've gotten from them. There's always a number on the back of mine for the office of the ombudsman. You should have had coverage a month or two ago at least! They tried to do all that to me, too. As it was, I was 20 weeks before I got to start seeing a doctor regularly. If you can, call the local health department. They should have at the minimum an RNP on staff that could do a brief exam to be sure everything is progressing normally. Medicaid shouldn't be so hard to obtain quickly. If you turned in all proof of income, residency, and proof of pregnancy, then that's all they needed. Someone fucked up and they're trying to cover their asses.
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • DominoDomino
    I have the same problem... I'm in MI and my case-worker closed my Medicaid saying that I'm not the caregiver of a miner under 21... I have a 3 month old. How am I not the caregiver?!? Now she hasn't answered my calls for the past month and a half and I finally got ahold of her a few days ago and she hung up on me. So I'm right back to calling the main line, to which no one answers every day.... Try calling Medicaid's main line, talk to customer care, they can usually push the forms straight through to a representative. My sister had to do that.
  • LLBLLB
    @domino go down there! I spent forever playing phone tag with Dss here when they claimed I never sent in my renewal paperwork. They tried to discontinue everything a few days before I was having surgery. Called my workers line and never got a reply, talked to the supervisor and they told me they would have my worker call me back ASAP. Yep you guessed it they never called!

Screw that I had actually dropped it off in person because I forgot to mail it on time and was afraid it wouldn't get there by the deadline. So i knew it didn't get lost in the mail. I knew they had it.

I marched (ok well I drove, but still) my ass down there and explained what was going on. They checked on it right away and come to find out my asshat worker had it sitting on his desk marked as dropped off 2 months prior! He just hadn't processed it yet! It was fixed the following day!
  • DominoDomino
    That's what my neighbor said to do, too. Just walk in there and demand to talk to her. She also cut off any other assistance I had while I was in the hospital delivering and sent me paperwork saying that I didn't let her know within 10 days that I had the baby so I don't qualify anymore... Which makes no sense. So I guess I'm left with going there Monday to either wait or raise a fuss to get them to get me a new worker. Which I know they got all of the paperwork on time because I faxed over everything as soon as I get statements from them. They keep asking for the same information though. My sister says that it sounds like she's just pushing paper to make it seem like she's doing her job.
  • Unique_MommaUnique_Momma
    I had similar issues. I found out I was preg, was told by the health office I still had pregnancy medicaid, but when I went to my doc for my first appointment found out it was only family planning. Right before my first check up I found out my aunt had passed away and she lived 4 hours away. We had to wait a week for them to get her body back from autopsy (had to do it since she was 39). I got my papers done while I was out of town and turned them in as soon as I got back. They took a week to go through them (there isn't much info in them) then instead of calling me to tell me they needed additional info, they sent me something through the mail. I took everything up to them that they wanted the next day except papers for DHs job bc he quit a week before they sent the papers to me. Had to take something for his old boss to fill out anyway and have them dick me around for a week and a half only to lose the papers and say they don't have to fill anything out for us bc he doesn't work there anymore. Luckily my caseworker finally got off her ass and called him up and got confirmation of him  no longer working there and she said that was all she needed (wish they would have told me that sooner!). Even after they got all the info they needed, I gave them another week bc they were short handed bc someone was out on leave. I had been to 2 doctor appointments while waiting for them to get off their asses and do their job (1 appointment a month) and found out that my cycle says I'm due at the end of January, but my measurements say end of December. They needed my new pregnancy medicaid number so they can do an ultrasound to find out for sure how far along I am and to make sure it's only one bundle of joy in there. I got tired of waiting (and my landlady/neighbor/friend used to work for them) and decided to call them and keep talking to someone to find out whats taking so long. I talked to the receptionist, my caseworker, and her supervisor. They finally got it taken care of that day (last Wednesday) and my ultrasound is in the morning :) I was told to keep going up the ladder talking to everyones supervisor until I ran out of supervisors, then go to the governor bc they would do something about it bc I was in need of prenatal care and only have a small window of time for testing to be done (for autism and such, but I'm not planning on getting the tests done & didn't with my last pregnancy). It took a lot of time, but it did get me results. I hope this helps & I'm sorry if I rambled & if this isn't the most organized, but DS is ready for a nap & trying to climb me as I type.
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    So still no Medicaid a co worker gave me the state hotline number and 3 days of calling finally connected me to a total bitch who wouldn't even let me explan what happened. I'm stuck re applying for the 3rd time now. I have all the paperwork they need ready to go proof of pregnancy 2 pay stubs for DH this month two from me. My 2nd application was turned down because even tho DH was working he had yet to get a pay check. DH has the only car so I can't go in to the office. I'm now 27 weeks pregant. The woman was a bitch from the start and is mailing me an application. She blamed it all on me that I screwed up not them and they don't make mistakes ect. This was state head quarters as high as I can go. She said they MIGHT. Process me faster but to expect to wait 30 days. Dude DH gets ins in November wtf. Planned parenthood in our area is only BC and abortions id have to go to Philly for any pre natal care. The clinics want cash up front yes low cost but cash we don't have just to see me unless I have Medicaid. It's bullshit total and utter bullshit. I don't get how they can turn me down if I have proof I'm pregnant want proof more then a peice of paper come touch my belly and feel the baby move damnit. I have been told our county screws up all the time damnit I'm pissed and frustrated and feel like shit since I can't go to the doc. I don't even know what I'm having let alone If he/she is healthy. Tomorrow I'm filling out the app again or Tuesday whenever it gets here. And if I get turned down AGAIN. I'm gonna call the local media and put the welfare dept on blast. This is insane I have never ever been treated so poorly or talked to like I was ignorant and a failure like I have trying to get something I legally have a damn right to.
  • OxiMOMOxiMOM
    FINALLY!!!! I got through to a clinic that will see me they were great the woman was sweet and nice and didn't make me feel like shit. She said they hear issues like mine all the time they will see me sometime next week just need my info from my 2 appontments before I lost my ins faxed to them and they will have a social worker push my Medicaid through if I am infact denied again. Thank god!!!! A clinic that actually cares and it's located in the hospital I want to go to!! Amazing news!!!
  • morewithlessmommorewithlessmom
    I can't offer specific advice, except try to relax. I didn't have insurance for my first and didn't see a doctor until 7 months along. Everybody is fine.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr Seuss
    http://www.themorewithlessmom.com/ ~ FB: More With Less Mom ~ Twitter: @MoreWithLessMom
  • Here I got my medicaid the same day I applied. Im sorry its taken so long with yours