One of "Those" Moms.
  • breezybreezy
    I think this might be a new one for the board.

I dress my kids in matching outfits for holidays so they look cute when family snaps a picture... I am one of "those" moms.

My kids are in sports all year long and I love it. I'm a team mom...you know one of "those" moms.

What kind of "those" moms are you?
  • InsanityandChaosInsanityandChaos
    I'm also one of "those" moms that gets involved in the team sports and stuff. I volunteered to be a room mom at the preschool last year and haul ds off to soccer all year long, and just started t ball as well this summer. I don't know if I'll do "matching" outfits for the kids, we haven't really had any major holidays yet that we dress up for since dd got here, but I'm very excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas to get here so I can go get some outrageously fluffy dress for her to wear, and I have always put ds in little shirts and ties for the holidays. Hmmm, maybe just matching his tie to her dress!
  • maddiemaddie
    I'm one of those moms that said I would never dress my twins alike and then I only buy matching outfits. If one gets a dress dirty, I change them both.
    That's funny! I think it's cute though when I see twins dressed alike.
  • breezybreezy
    lol @maddie I think its cute too!
  • chaosmomchaosmom
    Omg you guys will now hate me. It makes me *gag* when I see one of "those" moms that dress their kids alike. It is too cutesy for me! Lol

On the other hand, I am one of "those" moms that let my kids run around outside in nothing but underwear! Its the south. Its hot. We live in the country. Oh well.
  • redneck_momredneck_mom
    I'm one of 'those' moms with the minivan with soccer gear spilling out. My kids play, I play, I'm a licensed referee and licensed coach. Words like 'pitch' and 'touchline' are part of my daily vocabulary.

I'm one of 'those' moms who lets their little ones get in the pool buck naked if their swimsuit is still wet from the previous swim. We live in the country, and have a huge privacy fence, so who cares?

I'm one of 'those' moms who expects her children to do chores!
  • Anonymous
    LOL, I'm one of those moms who, against my better judgement and ability, can be a competimom (I try not to be, but it comes out at times, especially if I don't pay attention).

I'm one of those moms that made my son's baby food because I didn't want him to eat anything that I wouldn't want to eat myself, and he eats organic where it matters. I'm also one of those moms that has cloth diapers, did the whole attachment parenting for a while before switching to CIO to get used to the crib.

But deep down, I'm one of those moms that am doing everything that I can to make my son the first in his generation that is healthy, emotionally and so he can go on and thrive. I'm a goner, so is my hubby, I'm one of those moms that is investing everything I can in my son in hopes of making him emotionally intelligent, because to me that is the key to success.
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    I'm definitely one of "those" moms that buys her dd special outfits every opportunity I get :D
    I'm one of "those" moms who won't let her dd have beef (hormones), juice without being watered down, or any junk food really.
    I'm one of "those" moms whose heart breaks every time her DD cries (although I don't always let on that my heart is breaking)
    I am also one of "those" aunts who will support her niece at every sports game, dance recital and school function, and will do the same for my own child.

community-manager

• maddiemaddie
    @MomofFour - I totally get it. I used to think it was too cutesy too. I just can't help myself.

@Anon - I tried to be one of those moms but gave up. I'm one of those moms that lets her kids draw on the walls.
  • breezybreezy
    I am one of "those" moms who constantly gets her kids names mixed up. " ka... Au...Alex!" Sometimes I don't even notice... "I'm Alex mom." "oh isn't that what I said" ... "no you called me Honey." (the dog.)
  • chaosmomchaosmom
    @breezy ME TOO!!! Haha I ask my other kids "what's that one's name?" or just "hey kid right there! Yeah, you."
  • [Deleted User]
    LOL
  • serenitynowserenitynow
    I get mixed up with the names too. I shoulda did a dr.seuss: thing 1,2 & 3
  • LoveLove
    If you've seen my pictures, you can guess which one of 'those' moms I am LOL

I am one of 'those' moms who believe in individuality and creativity and personal expression. Even so, all my children go to a regular public school and make straight A's, and two are in the accelerated programs for math and reading. We just look a little different doing it. 

I am one of 'those' moms who has a chore chart and it WILL be followed. 

I am one of 'those' moms who is constantly hugging and kissing my kids and I Love You's are more common in our house than air !

I am one of "those" moms, whose Spawn runs around naked, and I don't care. We're potty training, and you're in my house, so deal with it.

I am one of "those" moms who talks to my kids like another adult, but still age appropriately. I try not to talk down to them, in terms of 'it's a grown up thing you wouldn't understand". If they ask, I tell.

community-manager

• [Deleted User]
    I am one of 'those' moms who take pictures of my daughter constantly...the first year of her life I took some every day because babies change so much in that first year.
  • NewEnglandGal
    I am one of those moms who thinks my kid is super bright - because he is.

I am one of those moms who enforces strict media rules, despite the fact that people give me a hard time about it.

I am one of those moms who tries to see both sides of everything before making up my mind, and one of those moms who sometimes fails at it.
    I'm also one of those moms who's walls are covered in photographs. I found the picture people when DS was about a week old and became addicted to getting his photo taken that first year! I toned it down to once a year after that but now dd is here...I'm running out of wall space!
  • [Deleted User]
    My husband and I invested in a 'quality' camera so that we could take 'professional' pictures...We used the picture people for her one year/christmas photos but it gets expensive after a while!
  • JessiJessi
    I am one of those moms that will not leave the house with a dirty face, or messy hair or clothes.

I am one of those moms who you question is really a mom. I am the confessor with the 'not your bitch' shirt, purple hair, tattoos and piercings. But the best behaved children you will ever meet!

I am one of those moms that enters their children into every activity available.

But best of all...

I am one of those moms that cries at every big event in each of my children's lives!!
  • soccermom
    I'm one of those moms who crys at every "first" I.e. First soccer game, first dance class.

I'm also one of those moms who kids are differant ages, but almost always match and always look clean.

I'm one of those moms who buys the custom shirts and tutu's for my DD's bday outfits or special events.

I constantly take pictures and getting kisses. My favorite part!
  • PBMommy
    I am one of "those" Moms who just loves them so much that it makes my chest ache sometimes. I pray that I am doing right by them.
  • seamstressJ
    I tend to be one of "those" moms the gets really annoyed when my dd gets hyper & loud, even though I know its perfectly normal for her age! I try to bite my tongue, but rarely succeed. :(
  • etherieletheriel
    @seamstressJ I am so with you on that one. Really hard when you've got 2 kids w/ADHD. I have to hide in the bathroom sometimes to not bitch them out for being kids.

I am "that mom" who will walk you into every teacher's classroom every morning for a month to watch you turn in your homework if I find out you're not turning it in.

I am "that mom" who will take away everything you have except for a mattress and a change of clothes if you continue to be a disrespectful brat and not take care of those things.

I am a total baseball mom and I'm "that mom" who screams the loudest at the game and plans the team parties and makes sure all your teammates are lined up in the proper batting order in the dugout.

However, I am also "that mom" who will tell you I love you when you go to the busstop every morning and at bedtime every night even if you just called me a lazy bitch when I told you to do your chores.
    If I'm not supposed to do it, how come I can?
  • SanityIsAMythSanityIsAMyth
    I am one of "those" moms who expects her kids to do their best at everything they do and refuse to accept a half assed effort.

-who finished school with one baby and another on the way, handled it with as much dignity as possible, but does not want her kids to follow in her footsteps.

-who is so evil her kids have chores and curfews. *gasp*

-who had all of her kids very close together but did not dress them alike. (Dh is a twin and despises matchy-matchy since it was forced on them)

-who hasn't had her hair or nails professionally done in two years because she feels guilty spending money on herself.

-who thinks nothing is odd about coming home to one kid on the roof trying to "spot" the one in the woods, who is trying to sneak up on the one at the creek, and only wondering if one of them walked the dog.

-who panicked because she lost a kid somewhere when she only counted three in the vehicle. I only have three. That's proof Ash's friends may be here a little *too* often.
  • Anonymous
    I am one of "those" moms that only take fresh fruit to my kids parties at school or a friends house.

I am one of "those" moms who says I love you ALL. THE. TIME. really, they sigh and tilt their heads at me "yes, mom, I love you too, again, for the 4th time this hour" (came from an emotional hole of a home, not them, buddy)

I am one of "those" moms who could care less if my kids are dirty or missing shoes or are playing in the dirt, they are kids, let them play.

I am one of "those" moms who find all the fun free stuff to do in our town. Our house is the most popular for sleep overs.

I am one of "those" moms who get food stamps, goes to school, and works full time, where I pay taxes...

I am also one of "those" moms who smoke pot late at night with DH :)
  • mental_statemental_state
    I'm the mum whose kids are old enough to be doing it for themselves. woop woop woop.
  • My3Boys
    I am one of those moms that let my kids watch as much tv as they want, after chores and homework are done.

I am one of those moms that spends more time at ball fields than home.

I am one of those moms that goes out and plays in the dirt with my kids.

I am one of those moms who is constantly telling my kids that they can do anything they want if they work hard at it and do the best they can.

I am one of those moms who will go to the ends of the earth to hunt down a person that wrongs my child.

I am one of those moms that let my kids decide what they wear each day(just not to school, uniforms) and we go in whatever they put on. We have headed to a family reunion with my youngest wearing orange white and blue plaid shorts with a neon green shirt, a red hat, one yellow croc and one tan croc.
  • [Deleted User]
    Im one of those moms who attempts to match her younger kids to some degree when leaving the house (not because I'm a nerd, but if I lose them, it is much easier to remember what they are wearing it if I am too).

I'm one of those moms who is nuts when it comes to grades/school.

I'm one of those moms who loves to brag about how smart her kids are.

I'm one of those moms who thinks she's still way cooler than most moms.

I'm one of those moms who lets her kid style his hair in any ridiculous fashion he'd like.

I'm one of those moms who spoils the shit out of her kids and acts like she doesn't.
  • MHmomof2
    I am one of those moms that hover on the playground!! My DD is a dare devil and I have had to stop her from going down the 10 ft firemans pole at least once ever 5 mins (she just turned 3).

I am one of those mom's who could care less if my house isn't spotless. We live here, we like to play. If it offends you, go see someone else (this means you DH).

I am one of those mom's who spoils her kids whenever I can. What's that? You want a milkshake while mommy is trying to rest, get in the car and lets go.

I am one of those mom's who didn't let her firstborn stay away overnight for almost 2 years...and it's only been with the grandparents....who are 5 mins down the road.

I am one of those moms who thinks her child is way more beautiful & smart than anyone elses =) (you can think the same thing about yours..no judgement here).
  • MHmomof2
    @LesboMom Ditto on the gender typing!! My DD was in a dress riding her battery powered John Deere tractor last week. LOVE IT.
  • MHmomof2
    @LesboMom awesome. My DD loves superman...HOWEVER she has a Disney princess peptobismol pink room *shivers*. My MIL is pretty much to blame for that love. As long as she seems interested in a variety of things i'll be happy.
  • SammieSammie
    Oh geeze...Here I go. ;)

I am one of THOSE moms who believes in the organic and 'green' movement. I'm not perfect, far from it, but we do eat organic food, use cloth napkins, make our own household cleaners to avoid harsh chemicals, BPA free plastics, VERY limited processed foods, no fast food, recycle etc. Yep, one of THOSE moms. My guilty pleasure? Disposable diapers. I just couldn't do the CD thing. Yes, I feel a *touch* guilty.

I am one of THOSE moms who doesn't spank.

I am also one of THOSE moms who lets the occasional F bomb slip out. I'm not perfect, so fuck off. ;)

I'm also one of THOSE moms who lets my daughter play with dinosaurs, trucks, trains, and all that other 'boy' stuff. She is currently in love with a mini dump truck and a green dino that she carries everywhere and cuddles when she sleeps. I didn't force them on her, she chose them herself. I'd also let a son, if I had one, play with dolls, wear pink, etc.

I am one of THOSE moms who doesn't do date nights, babysitters, etc.

community-manager

• SammieSammie
    OH MY GAWD @LesboMom, you just made me laugh so hard I think I aspirated my mocha! No dildos for the toddler. Like you, I'm very liberal, but not THAT liberal. ;)

community-manager

• soccermom
    im one of those moms who puts my kids in a "drop-in" playschool program so i can enjoy ONE day a week of running errands alone. they like it better than the grocery store

im one of those moms who doesnt get talked to much at school functions because i lve in a stuck up town full of OC wanna be housewives, but all their kids love me and always ask to come back to my house :)

im one of those moms who believes in time out, and so far it works. but not opposed to the smack on the ass if needed.

im one of those moms who always has extra kids at her house, the more, the better. they keep each other busy, its almost easier than just having your own.

-my kids have always slept in their own bed, ive always been afraid of co sleeping, so when they randomly pass out on me, i usually tear up. ill hold my pee for hours before i dare move them and break that feeling i get with a sleeping devil on my chest. :)
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    I'm one of those moms who isn't interested in competing with anyone. I want to do my thing and let you do yours. I don't give a shit how you or your kid are dressed, whether you baked or bought for the bake sale, what kind of car you drive, what kind of bag you carry, how big your house is, how fat or thin you are, whether you breast or bottle feed, whether you spank or not, how or where your kid sleeps, or anything else. If your kid is healthy and happy and not being neglected or abused, nothing else matters. Do your thing and let me do mine.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • [Deleted User]
    @fatchichonabike, you are awesome. I also don't give a shit how you or your kids are dressed. Or any of the other stuff..
  • fuegofuego
    I'm one of those moms who has a messy house during the day, but clean at night

I'm one of those moms who lets their kids run around with kool-aid mustaches.

I'm one of those moms who let the kids run through the sprinkler in their undies.

I'm one of those moms who doesn't care what the kids eat, as long as they eat.

I'm one of those moms who gives their kids vitamins every single day.

I'm one of those moms who chases their kids around the house pretending to be a scary monster.

I'm one of those moms who makes up silly songs with the kids.

I'm one of those moms who'se heart breaks when their child cries.
  • CAAMommyCAAMommy
    I'm one of those moms that let's their toddler stay up way too late, eat candy so she'll stop crying, swears around her, hence the swear jar that has $20 already, let's her kids watch too much TV, when my kids fall I tell them to get up and shake it off, and my mom thinks I'm horrible for doing that. I'm also one of those moms who let's the kids have the master bedroom, mostly because they have more shit than me and they need the closet space more than me.
  • soccermom
    I'm also a mom who thinks obsessing over clean house is stupid. All the bedrooms and playroom is upstairs, so we try to keep all toys upstairs. Ha, I'm not saying it works, but we try. Upstairs is a wreck except my room. There's no point to clean because its all toys and they'll be right back to where they were. Kitchen and livingroom is usually clean because we spend most of our day playing in the playroom(where my computer is). :) People never actually go upstairs so as long as downstairs is clean, I'm good! Close the bedroom doors just incase someone wonders off. We do have clean up time before bed- but just in their bedrooms. The playrooms floor has no hope of seeing sunlight for at least a few more years
  • Meg
    I have a 1 year old and a 5 year old, so I can't define myself as "one of *those* mom's" ...yet.

I do allow them to watch terrible TV meaning SpongeBob or Transformers movies. Not Baby Einstein videos. I think it helps their language skills. My 5 yo son speaks better than most grown ups. I brag about what my kids can do. I don't scrub the house every day. I do make sure there is nothing hazardous about so that the 1 year old doesn't eat it. I don't make them take baths every night. (Gasp) I do make sure they change their underwear. I let my oldest pick out his own cloths, but some times have to get him to try again. lol

I would love to be a soccer mom.
    I would love to keep them at home with me, bake cookies, and have dinner on the table for when my husband gets home.
    I would love to do arts and crafts instead of watch TV, but mommies been at work for the last 12 hours and it's hard to muster up the will to do much after cooking dinner, making beds, cleaning up, putting the kids through the bath or just changing into PJ's.

On that note if anyone knows a great single dad...send them my way. lol
  • MHmomof2
    @Meg...i'm glad you said that.

I have definitely let my DD watch way more than the "doctor recommended" TV time. She is polite, smart and speaks better than most kids twice her age.

PS...I am one of "those" moms who brags on her kids when I get the chance ;)
    LOL @LesboMom and @rap422, thanks!
  • CrashCrash
    I'm one of those moms who lets her kids do whatever they want....as long as they clean up the mess after.

I'm one of those moms who always be at the sports practice, game, tournament...and be plastered to the glass, watching every move, and every word out of my mouth will be a grunt....or a scream. You'll never know which!

I'm one of those moms who will *always* respond to every action/word from her children. No matter what I'm doing, no matter who I'm talking to.

I'm one of those moms who encourage her children to make money...and put in in the bank. One of those moms whose 5 year old has $130 in her savings...she earned it somehow...and she will save it until she needs it!

I'm also one of those moms who probably looks like a bum. No makeup, hair not done, no fake nails, and wearing t-shirts, jeans and hoodies. Because I'm too busy doing other things.

Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • Anonymous
    I am one of those moms that doesn't let their child watch any TV.

I am one of those moms that lets my 2 year-old dress herself. So what if she has a swimsuit, tutu, knee socks and a baseball cap on, she is happy.

I am one of those moms that takes their kid out to eat pancakes at midnight, just for fun. She is a happy kid and will go right back to sleep if you wake her up and then put her back down.

I am one of those moms whose kid has had so much Diet Coke/Dr. Pepper that when a waiter comes to the table at a restaurant, she asks him to bring her "A coke, please," before he ever has the chance to open his mouth.
  • JessiJessi
    I am one of those moms that has co-slept with all of my children and do not mind them coming to my bed to cuddle. Shit I have two in bed with me right now! I even bought a bigger bed to accommodate more bodies.

I am one of those moms that does not mind kids drawing on the walls. I take pictures and tell everyone I have an inspiring artist on my hands. Bought window markers and just let them go at it.

I am one of those moms who has never had a baby sitter outside of grandparents. My oldest is 10 and I don't mind.

I am one of those moms who is over protective. All know where all children are at all times. I will get up in the middle of a conversation at the park to check on my kids and will expect you to understand I was not being disrespectful.

I am one of those moms that gives tons of hugs and kisses before I leave or before the kids go to bed. Every night everyone hears "I love you, good night, see you in the morning". And every night my heart melts just a bit when my ten year old son says it to me because although he looks big it reminds me he is still just my lil guy!
    I'm one of those moms who doesn't see the point in cleaning something if it's just going to get totalled ten minutes later anyway.

I'm one of those moms who is totally NOT a perfectionist. Good enough is good enough!

I'm one of those moms who is increasingly coming to believe in a "natural consequences" approach to parenting (within reason, of course).

I'm one of those moms who wishes she could take on all her child's physical challenges and discomfort and pain, forever.
  • Bumping for some o fthe newer ladies. 
  • Anonymous
    Love this thread!

I'm one of those moms whose ideals tend to be epic fails in real life - homemade baby food, breastfeeding, minimal screen time, etc. all crashed and burned in spite of my best intentions.

I'm one of those moms whose TV tends to be on in the background a lot, but most of the time my kids are playing and not zombified by it at all.  I am also one of those moms that doesn't let her kids watch ICarly, Victorious, etc. even though ALL the other elementary schoolers watch them.

I'm one of those moms who insists her daughters dress like children their own age, not mini-adults - and especially not mini-adult-hoochies.

I'm one of those moms who lets the kids eat cereal for dinner and feels guilty because I'm a terrible cook.

I'm one of those moms who is terrified of her kids getting bullied, and literally wants to rip out the heart of anyone who hurts my babies' feelings.

I'm one of those moms who does my research and ultimately follows my gut when dealing with my autistic child. 

I'm one of those moms who seldom leaves the kids with a sitter and has never gone on a kid-free vaca with DH.  We go out on dates once or twice a year.

I'm one of those moms who is determined to be open with her DDs about body and sexual issues because my mother never was.

I'm also one of those moms who doesn't sign her kids up for tons of stuff because I don't want to spend my whole life driving around, and because I think spending time just hanging out at home and being a family, playing organically, etc. is good for us all.
  • CinnaCinna
    I'm one of those moms who refuses to hang out with anyone unless my kid can come as well.

Also I'm one of those moms who buys her kid whatever he asks for. He's four so stuff is usually cheap.

I'm one of those moms that refuses to spank her kid. (Although I do think about it sometimes)

I'm one of those moms who think TV is the best freakin babysitter ever!
    Two hearts! Oh baby I'm beating out a samba!
  • karatafasadikaratafasadi
    I am one of "those" moms:

I am one of those mom's who's house is always spotless.
    You will never find a fingerprint or a speck of dust anywhere.

I am one of those mom's who's laundry never piles up.
    And it is always folded and put away as soon as it's done.

I am one of those mom's who's meals are always gourmet.
    And are as healthy as possibly.

I am one of those mom's who's always dressed just right.
    There are no such thing as "home" clothes in my house.

I am one of those mom's who's always got her makeup done.
    Just because you never know who will show up.

I am one of those mom's who's kids are always clean.
    Again, because you just don't know who will show up.

However,

I am one of those mom's who never has a moment to herself.

I am one of those mom's who even if she has a moment to herself, always seems to be doing something for someone else.

I am one of those mom's who burned the motor out of the washing machine because it never stops.

I am one of those mom's who spends 8 hours a day in the kitchen cooking.

I am one of those mom's who get's up at 5 am just to get showered, dressed, and makeup on, so that her husband never sees her in 'sleepy' mode.

I am on of those mom's who does not have the time to sleep for more than 5 hours.

I am one of those mom's who doesn't know who she really is because everything else always come first, and there just aren't enough hours in a day.