Found a cute alternative to Elf on the shelf.
  • 2callmemommy2callmemommy
    I've been wanting to start the Elf on the shelf tradition this year but it's 30.00 for the creepiest elf ever. Not only can we not swing 30.00 for something like that but damn he's a bit more creepy than cute. I was grocery shopping today and looking around in the Christmas isle. (I have a serious candy cane addiction) and I found Randall the Reindeer. He's a cute stuffed reindeer with a hard cover book that is along the same lines of elf on the shelf only a lot cuter and way cheaper. He was only 10.00. The set also comes with a booklet of little naughty and nice tickets that Randall fills out and brings back to the north pole with him. It doesn't come with many so I'll end up making some on the computer but he's still really cute. I'll take some pictures and post them when I get on the computer. It's worth checking out if you want something cuter and cheaper than that elf.
  • BeachyBeachy
    Yes! Thank you for the heads up.
    I need to go reindeer hunting!
    Searching for my lost shaker of salt.
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    I have something like elf on a shelf, but they are little stuffed elves. You can get them with different skin tones and hair colors and such. Each of my kids has one that looks like them. They are not nearly as creepy and do the same thing. To be honest, you could use almmost any Christmas stuffed animail and get the same effect.
    "Please don't talk mom... It makes my brain work..."
    @Kacerpie I was actually planning on buying a stuffed snowman and typing up my own story to go with it until I seen the reindeer at the grocery store.
  • KacerpieKacerpie
    Yea, the only reason we have ours is my mom live 4 states away and sends us a box of stocking stuffer type gifts to give them from the elves.some of the stuff you can do with them is fun. If you go on their website they have testimonials from parents about what they do if you need ideas.
    "Please don't talk mom... It makes my brain work..."

Here's a pic of the box. I got it off the barnes and noble website. (the pic I mean) When I open ours up I'll take a few more pictures.

[IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g219/sweetbear37385/141848154.jpg[/IMG]

Grrr photobucket isn't cooperating
  • LifeofchaosLifeofchaos
    We have a Christopher Pop in Kins :-) i think he's a cutie!!!
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"