Who's excited for HOCKEY???!!!!
  • VegantasticVegantastic

OMG it's ridiculous how excited we are at my house! The lockout is finally over and hockey starts SATURDAY!! GO HABS GO!!! My hub can hardly stand it lol He had me call Charter to order the NHL center ice package as soon as they announced the deal. The girl laughed at me and said she was pretty sure I was the first one to order it, and she needed to get a supervisor because the codes weren't up yet. I was embarrassed, my hub was proud lol

Who else is suffering from hockey-deprivation? Any fellow Habs fans out there? (@fatchickonabike @french_mom ?) Am I the only one who's can't wait for hockey to start back up?!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    "Don't Panic"
  • CrashCrash
    I hate to sound all unpatriotic, but no. Not particularly excited to see pro hockey! Lol. The Oilers will do what they always do, storm out of the gate and wilt two months in. Oh...but we get first draft pick! Woo! Fuck.

But you go on with your bad self! 
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    @Curious fair enough- if my team was the Oilers I wouldn't be that excited either >:)  J/K! (mostly lol)  And with your budding hockey star, you probably get your fill of hockey lol
    "Don't Panic"
  • CrashCrash
    Yeah I've been doing hockey since October! Lol. Her games are ten times more exciting than the real thing. 

@Albertamom, @Dreamer, @zombiemom? What are the Oilers chances this year? 
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    Yep, excited here too! Go Wings!!! :D
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • DreamerDreamer
    The who????? @Curious   lol

I honestly dont give a flying fuck.  I think they are all over paid to play a game. Its a GAME. And they hold out for more money?  Meh...

Ive never been a huge hockey fan..... but this has made me even less so.
    There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other. Which one are you?
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    @Dreamer that's a pretty common sentiment around here (I'm not in Montreal anymore) and for awhile, I almost thought my hub would give up but... he'll never give up on his wife, his kids, or his Habs. It's like breathing for him lol Our son's middle name is Rocket, after Rocket Richard (the priest was so impressed at his baptism lol)
    "Don't Panic"
  • KrabbyKay
    EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW a wingnut!!!!!  [-( Can't talk to you anymore @PurpleFlowers. j/k I too am a very sad Oilers fan, this explains why I drink a lot (yeah, THAT'S the ticket!!) lol.
  • French_momFrench_mom
    Habs fan here... but would not care if there were still no hockey.
    It is for me to know and you to dot dot dot.
  • sommers
    Can't wait for Saturday...we'll all be parked in front of our TV rooting on our team - GO FLYERS!!!
    Im sorry @krabbykay, I cant associate with YOU since you're not a wingnut ;) :P

• momofdbbmomofdbb
    Ummm no , sorry but not in a hockey town lol. I like the sport and will watch it from time to time , it's better than Football IMO. Have actually been to a few games in person ! We rarely get snow here. Now I am an odd one , I love curling !!! No one anywhere near here does , most people don't even know what it is. Lol. I get my curling fix every 4 years during the winter Olympics !!!
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    @momofdbb I love curling! DH's uncle was head of his curling club before his stroke last year and their whole fam curls (and they're good!) It's so much fun to watch once you know the rules (and who doesn't like to yell HURRY HAAARRRRDDD!!!!" lol It's just fun!)
    "Don't Panic"
  • KrabbyKay
    I know what curling is, I once had an online friend that was a member of a team they called the Swishing Bitches. I think that was it, She was the BOMB.
  • KrabbyKay
    @PurpleFlowers my friend Terri moved to MN, she is a major wingnut. Every year we mock each other in text back and forth when our respective teams lose (I am a bit more mockable, ok..) and when they play each other??? Oh it is ON and CRACKIN!!! "That was the stupidest move I have ever seen in my life....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA score!!!!"
  • OrchidsAndTulipsOrchidsAndTulips
    Minnesota Wild's!!! DH was upset he was leaving with out watching a game
  • AlbertaMomAlbertaMom
    Can't wait for sunday. I think oilers will do well with a shortened season, we usually kick butt for pre season and the first couple months so fingers crossed.
  • KrabbyKay
    @ALbertaMom oh yeah, huh! I never thought of that!!! This could be good!! 
  • DemandaDemanda
    @mommydelirious is a Habs fan. I'm still her friend though.

I'm a Toronto girl, myself. Yeah, yeah, commence laughing...
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • VegantasticVegantastic

@Demanda  =)) =)) =)) (you gave me permission lol)

Did you know that DD HATES Justin Beiber, even though her friends are all in love, because, and I quote "he's a stinking Leafs fan" lol

"Don't Panic"
  • KrabbyKay
    @SAHM1020  =)) That is a *great* reason!!! A stinking Leafs fan...hahahahaha *tears*
    DD is a Habs fan too. DH & DS are Hawks fans. (You REALLY can't talk to them, @PurpleFlowers!)
  • mommydeliriousmommydelirious
    Demanda said:

@mommydelirious is a Habs fan. I'm still her friend though.

I'm a Toronto girl, myself. Yeah, yeah, commence laughing...

A pic of @Demanda in 100 yrs...
    Photobucket
  • KrabbyKay
    @mommydelirious  =)) =)) =)) *tears* OMG...OMG...
  • DemandaDemanda
    Whatverrrrr.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
    Bwhahaha! @Mommydelirious!! =)) Butttt, its called THIS for a reason ;)
    Photobucket

• KrabbyKay
    I just barfed. Thanks a lot @PurpleFlowers. DD came in here when I was reading and went EWWWW, and HAHAHAHA DS just came in here now "EWW! Redwings!!!" LMAO
  • mommydeliriousmommydelirious
    @demanda Brian's contribution....feel free to text your rage at him...

Photobucket
  • KrabbyKay
    I can't believe this, but once driving thru the parking lot at the mall, during playoffs, some dude in a Wings jersey. DD was pretty little and before anyone could say not to, she whizzed her window down and shouted "REDWINGS STINK!!!!!!!". We had to zoom away in hysterics.
  • DemandaDemanda
    No need to stoop to your level, @mommydelirious. There's more to life than winning. ;;)
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    @SAHM1020 it is fun !!! I get teased by my parents , kids , random strangers. It's sad. But I just like it !! I have stayed up late to watch it on odd times. Was thrilled when I got to watch it last time durring lunch breaks!
    @KrabbyKay that sounds like fun !! I wish I could try it but there is nowhere anywhere near here that does it
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • DemandaDemanda
    @purpleflowers, once the Leafs are out (haha, laugh some more, Leafs haters) Detroit is my team!
    The only exception is if they're against a Canadian team in the finals, then I'll root for the Canadian team. Unless its Montreal of course, I do have some dignity.
  • steven
    Go Leafs......

• fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    I couldn't care less if all professional sports dropped off the face of the earth, personally, but DH is a hockey fan. He's still pissed off about the lockout, though, and says he doesn't care that hockey's back. We'll see if that's actually true.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
    @demanda, I think the Wings will be bringing the cup back to Detroit this year :)

• beachmommybeachmommy
    LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!
    My beach is still Sandy....
  • beachmommybeachmommy
    @purpleflowers....yeah.  Good luck. (sarcastic font all over your ass)
    My beach is still Sandy....
  • VegantasticVegantastic

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!

Oh @beachmommy it. is. ON! lol  We play you guys in a few weeks (Feb 2)...
    "Don't Panic"

@purpleflowers....yeah.  Good luck. (sarcastic font all over your ass)

No luck needed @beachmommy, its pretty much a given that the cup's coming home. Hehehe

:P

• KrabbyKay
    %-( 8-|
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    @Demanda I'm a leafs fan too, you're in okay company :D

I am so flipping excited!!!! I can not wait for the first puck drop!

community-manager

• VegantasticVegantastic
    "Don't Panic"
  • DemandaDemanda
    Heck yeah, @canadianmama! Makes sense someone as smart as yourself would know where it's at!
  • DemandaDemanda
    Oh piss off, @sahm1020 lol! We should have a thread for the Toronto/Montreal game on Saturday!
  • VegantasticVegantastic

Pinned Image

"Don't Panic"
  • DemandaDemanda
    *storms off to google*
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    @Demanda  I just might start one lol  Jerseys are washed, dvr is set (you know, just in case lol), and we are STOKED!!
    "Don't Panic"
  • VegantasticVegantastic

One more...

Pinned Image

"Don't Panic"
  • DemandaDemanda
    Lol, okay, I admit, I snorted audibly at that last one, @sahm1020. It is good, I'll give it that.

You'll also be happy to know there is a serious dearth of witty anti-Habs memes. I'll admit defeat now, you will on Saturday. :D
  • VegantasticVegantastic
    We shall see @Demanda... We shall see >:/
    "Don't Panic"
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama

community-manager

• DemandaDemanda
    Ha! @canadianmama's ON it!