Bump on the back of my head.
  • kristy2127
    Ok, so I should probably start this by saying that I tend to be a worrier and a bit of a hypochondriac. Yesterday I noticed a bump on the back of my head about the size of a nickel or a quarter. It's hard and sore to the touch (kinda hurts like a bruise when I touch it). No other symptoms, nothing moves around when I touch it and it really just feels like a knot you get on your head when you hit it, but it's freaking me out. I don't remember hitting my head but then again most days I run around like a lunatic, so if I did I probably wouldn't have even paid much attention to it and kept going. Had DH look at it and he said it was a little red but not much. Any ideas what it could be?
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Bug bite maybe? I get random bumps on the back of mine sometimes...feels Kind of like a blind zit but bigger? I always blame mine on spiders.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • kristy2127
    Yes it sort of does feel like a zit but bigger. That's why I has DH look. You may be on to something with the bug bite. I will blame it on spiders too! Much better than my brain tumor theory I told to DH! :)
  • momofdbbmomofdbb
    Bug bite ? Or cyst ? I have cysts they vary in size. The largest I have might be as big around as a dime. They don't generally hurt unless I poke them ! I don't know what color they are. They are on my head and no one has told me. I did have them looked at by a dr but she didn't tell me either.
    I would keep a close eye on it. Of you are really worried, and it's ppsiable , get your DH to draw a circle around it. That way if it gets bigger you will know. If it does , or if you start to run a fever , or it starts to drain stuff , go to a dr. Staph infections can show up as random bumps that just pop up like giant zits. They sometimes feel quite solid too. Like I said thoug , fever and basic feeling of blahhhhh comes along with it though.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike

Do you have any pimples or sores on your scalp anywhere? I sometimes get pimples on my scalp and a swollen lymph node for a couple of days until the pimple clears up. It might just be that. If it hasn't gone away within a week, I would say get it checked.

Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • GritsGrits

Do you have any pimples or sores on your scalp anywhere? I sometimes get pimples on my scalp and a swollen lymph node for a couple of days until the pimple clears up. It might just be that. If it hasn't gone away within a week, I would say get it checked.

Yup. I get one at the nape of my neck from time time. It's tender and sometimes sore, especially if I pull my hair up. But it usually clears up with in a couple or few days.
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • just_mejust_me
    Yeah I get those cysts...really are not any fun! My biggest one was the size of a grapefruit under my arm. I was on antibiotics for a year to keep them from reoccuring. Ive been off antibiotics now for about 3 months...and yep I have another one. Lucky me! Always an adventure! :O
    I can't be perfect all the time...so give it up already!
  • kristy2127
    Size of the bump has gone done in the past couple of days. Thinking maybe it was a bug bite or maybe I did bump my head and just don't remember (I'm not exactly graceful) Thank you all for the help!! :)