What's Your Limit?
  • undercoverbanana
    Got the idea after posting about that fucking elf doll. I actually have a pretty high fear tolerance, not much scares me. I have dealt with crazy people, drugged out people, violent people, fights, car accidents, bloody head wounds, a gunshot wound, compound fractures, hurricanes, and earthquakes. And really spooky shit in my house. All gone, thank god. I have dealt with irate violent drunks Twice my size, and once a horrible biker fight. I once had to break up a drug deal fight in a men's bathroom. And my hubs freaking out, once. and been bitten by German Shepard's, and Pomeranians. And once attacked by a psycho kitty. But dolls, clowns, zombies, spiders, mice...not domestic mice...and creepy antique toys will make me scream like a little girl. Well, clowns dont make me scream, but I dont like them. And I totally understand why most little kids hate them. What's your make or break on fear?
    i'm nekkid.
  • horsehotti
    Make of break fear: getting bit by a snake. I don't think I could handle it if that ever happened to me
  • KrabbyKay

I don't like blood and guts, or visible bones, or limbs that look wrong (because broken). The crews make me nearly scream telling me their stories. Even DD's double jointed elbows and LOOSE TEETH OMFG!!!! Whiskers not on the cat...you know how they shed them? Dh used to chase me with them. Venomous spiders.

The thing I SWEAR I saw go across the street this am in the dark. It may be that I read too much SK, but I saw a humanish shape but way too tall and skinny with these long...I don't know grasshoppery sort of legs. I just saw it run across in a quick second but I almost didn't want to drive there and told myself I was being silly and surely just saw a shadow or something.

OMG and how can I forget NEEDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    I hate spiders with a passion...
    There were spiders nesting in the awning over my backdoor when I moved in here in August. I was terrified that one would get on me.

I bought 3 cans of Raid spider spray & sprayed the hell out of every nook & cranny of that awning. It's metal so I sprayed in the creases... everywhere. I was screaming... running away if I saw one trying to get away. They were dropping dead... it was disgusting. We found dead spiders for a week.

I also have an irrational fear of slipping & falling. Like on the stairs in the hallway etc. No one will know, I'll be laying there in pain or unconscious.

WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• BirdieBirdie
    I cannot do rodents! I am so creeped out by them. I almost got in a wreck once because there was a dead nutria rat in the road!

For those who don't know what a nutria is:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

We have a serious over population problem here in the swamps

SMSM_s_5

• momofdbbmomofdbb
    @WickedDunkieJunkie I'm with you on the stairs. But I only worry if it's dark. When we were at the old house the stairs light was connected to the hallway light. Stbxh always fussed if I turned the light on to go downstairs in the middle of the night with the kids. Yet if I stayed upstairs he fussed because he was trying to sleep and te crying woke him up. So I turned the Damm light on and went downstairs ! I turned it off when I got to the bottom. I think my fear was from all the dreams I had about being a baby that was dropped on the stairs. Yes I dreamed I was a baby and my mommy dropped me down the dark stairs. She tripped on her housecoat. Yep I'm odd.
    Other fears are deep water and or dark water. I can't see the bottom there is no way anyone I know is getting in it. Plus DS 5 will be wearing a lifejacket till he is 13, at least , maybe longer.
    " Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ......." The Doctor
    " I'm a leafe on the wind..watch how I soar ." Wash :((
    " Oh the wall had it comming.' Sherlock Holmes
    yea I am geek !!
  • KatDragonKatDragon
    Spiders and flying cockroaches! Total girly scream! !
    "Fantastic!" 9th Doctor
  • KrabbyKay
    @basebitch59 beeeecause cockroaches aren't bad enough! There have to be kinds that can FLY!!!!
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    Bugs crawling across the ceiling in the bedroom (it's FL folks)
    Black widow spiders
    Scorpions
    Venemous snakes (in the wild--I have no problem checking them out at the zoo)

Fear of airplane crashing in yard--this is not that irrational since we have a local airport and we are in the flight path. PLUS there is an air show every year. I have had dreams forever about a plane crashing on the house, in the yard....and when 9/11 happened and the air show rolled around, I would have anxiety attacks every time I heard a plane. It's better now but I still hold my breath now and then.

Fear of DS food allergies
    Fear of losing both kids or my nephew

Getting shot/stabbed

I've been bitten by a horse and stung by various bugs so while not fun, dog bites don't scare me.

Scared of being alone when sick.

And kites *running away* 
    :\">
  • SasafrasSasafras
    I'm terrified of being decapitated. I did a report on it, and a scientist did a study and the people being decapitated blinked up to fifteen seconds after it happened.
  • notperfectnotperfect
    Tornadoes, one went down my street when I was a young child, I have nightmares if I see them on tv

Wasps, those fuckers will sting you just for the fun of it, I almost jumped out of a moving vehicle because one was in the car, the only thing that stopped me was my best friend's wedding cake sitting on my lap.

I am also ashamed to admit, I fear the savage butterfly. Don't get me wrong they are pretty and I love to look at them, but they fly in such a random pattern and heaven forbid they touch me with those long icky legs of theirs *shudder*  
  • PurpleFlowersPurpleFlowers
    I have an irrational fear of snakes. It doesn't matter what kind, size or where they are. I will freak out!
    Stay away from my chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

I think I like who I am becoming...
  • Strawberry
    Ok I just read the thread and 1 comment I can't handle this!!! You have officially lost a reader! (of this thread only ;) oh I'm terrified of spiders and anything creepy like that! good day ladies!
  • DemandaDemanda
    I'm not afraid of spiders or other bugs, but I'm afraid of rodents and snakes. I'm also embarrassed to admit I'm afraid of worms and frogs too.

I love heights and thrill rides and stuff like that but I don't like Haunted houses or anything where I'm hanging upside down for any period of time.

I'll walk alone down almost any street at most times without fear, but I won't go to a movie or a bar alone.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • lefty63
    I'm terrified of snakes. I don't go in the reptile house at the zoo. If I know someone has a pet one, I try to avoid going to their house. If I do go, then I'm on edge the whole time.
  • Moomin
    Do you all remember Ron Pearlman in Beauty andthe Beast? Well when it aired I was 4 or 5 maybe? He scared the bejeezus out of me! It got to the point where the theme was enough to have me screaming and fleeing the room. Well. It never really went away. My OH is a HUGE Hellboy fan, nice. Beauty and the Beast aired over here again a few years back and my mother still found it hilarious to mute the tv and call me in the room. I honestly revert to the shaking, crying mess that I was all those years ago.

Oh and then they started running the Sons of Anarchy promos on my favorite channel. *shudder*
    It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose.
  • Matt115
    Bugs. Not scared of them, just grossed out. They are all filthy. So in turn, could be the germs. Welcome to the thoughts of a germophobe!
    lefty63 said:

I'm terrified of snakes. I don't go in the reptile house at the zoo. If I know someone has a pet one, I try to avoid going to their house. If I do go, then I'm on edge the whole time.

Im right there with you @lefty63. Tried to go into the reptile house at the zoo several years back to just "conquer my fear". Big mistake! Walked in, started shaking, heart racing and I froze! It felt like I was standing there about an hour, it was probably 30 seconds. I walked out with tears running down my cheeks. It was horrible!
    :((

• MollyGrahamMollyGraham

In Colorado, we get invaded by Miller moths every spring. And I mean invaded!! Last year we would have up to 15-20 of the filthy things in the house every night. During the day they hide in cabinets, linen closets, under couch cushions, etc., and jump out at you. I once found one in my underwear drawer. :O Yeah, those things scare the crap out of me.

Oh, and tornados. You always get just enough warning to be scared to death but not enough to actually get the hell out. 

Normal people never change the world.
  • katz_meowkatz_meow
    Fucking stink bugs. Ugh I hate those damned things. I don't like heights, utter darkness, and walking alone at night.

I'm not a fan of snakes, lizards, or spiders, but they don't completely freak me out. Same with rodents.
    There is nothing to be gained from treating others poorly.

Don't be a dick.
  • KatDragonKatDragon
    @KrabbyKay seriously! Completely freaked out when one landed on my shoulder! *scream and flail*
    "Fantastic!" 9th Doctor
  • undercoverbanana
    Ugh. Nutria rats. I refuse to work or live near the water because of those things. They are fucking huge. And not scared of people. And about the same size as my Boston terrier.
    i'm nekkid.
  • SpringSpring
    @MollyGraham I spent the summer I was seven crying about tornado warnings. It seemed like they had them every single night in Elbert county. They almost never touch down one county over where I lived but we used to have tornado drills in elementary school.

I can't stand the centipedes here. I can't. One ran across my bare foot once. Another was wrapped in a blanket on my DD's bed that she had taken outside that day. I went to make it and... Well DH fluffs out her blankets at night now. And also I'm terribly afraid of snakes but we don't have them here. :D
    "Sometimes I question my sanity. Sometimes it replies."
  • GypsyMamaGypsyMama
    I can't handle spit. I'm like a crazy lunatic about spit, loogies, etc

Porcelain dolls. I'm sure they're alive at night and planning to stab me

Blood and guts. This.pisses.me.off too because I LOVE physiology and anatomy. Like this knee injury I find it fascinating how my body is putting itself back together but I have a glass jaw about this stuff and will literally pass out OUT cold hearing about stuff. If you're telling me your daughter is a twin too and you only found out when she started her period and got an abdominal mass which when biopsied was her twin sister expect to pick me up off the floor.
  • undercoverbanana
    Yuk. Spit. I guess some of my mommy gross out tolerance wore off when my kids hit puberty, but spit grosses me out, too. I can't even think about my own spit in my mouth when I brush my teeth. Don't think about spit. Don't think about spit....etc. Kid spit, I am ok. Baby drool, baby spit, I am ok. Grown up spit....stop fucking spitting or I will punch you in the nuts because you are going to make me hurl.......
    i'm nekkid.
  • BassmomBassmom
    Roaches...i freakin hate them with a passion!
  • BlessieBlessie
    Slugs. Snails are fine. But slugs. I have wigged out and dumped and entire morton table salt container on a slug orgy on my front stoop. Killed my plants.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Escalators (just seeing one puts me into a panic attack and moving sidewalks) and african millipedes, millipedes and cenipedes.. anything with that many legs should be eraticated...
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • undercoverbanana

@blessie slugs can't cross copper. they electrocute themselves. pennies.

roaches......ew...fact of life in south texas, year round. ther is stuff exterminators have that looks like peanut butter. looks like it is in a caulk gun. they put it in cracks, etc, that people can't see it. it kills them.

i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    superglue pennies to stuff, so slugs can't cross @blessie
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    pet snakes....um...yeah.....pet them with one finger......they are very pretty.....................and smooth.....no, i dont want to hold it, but, it's pretty............everywhere else....red next to black is a friend to jack, red to next to YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPIERCING SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont fucking care, its not in a cage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i'm nekkid.
  • CrashCrash
    There isn't much that I can't eventually rationalize to handle. Spiders give me the heebie jeebies, but if no children are around to kill them, I will. Eventually. With a can of raid and a doubled up paper towel. 

Gross deformities on living creatures will get me. One time a couple years ago, I was bringing one of my girls home around supper time, and it was dark. I see some movement on the porch, and I see a cat. It meows, but it looks....funny. Not funny...weird. And it's not getting off the patio couch. So I go inside and grab a flashlight, and shine the light on the cat. OMG. It's literally missing half its face. I completely freeze, and it jumps down and begs to come inside...and I was like ... uh uh. I have no idea what to do, so I tell my husband to take it out and shoot it..or something. It was the both the most pathetic, and horrifying, thing I have *ever* seen.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • BlessieBlessie
    Lol My family is gonna think I'm nuts, but you bet your sweet ass I'm doing it @undercoverbanana!
  • undercoverbanana
    @curious have a can of hairspray handy. it freezes the spiders until the kids get there......you don't think i actually buy hairspray to use on my hair, do you?!  i have 5 cans of hairspray all around the house. for fucking creepy ass spiders. we have jumping spiders here. they can't jump if they are covered in hairspray. splat.
    i'm nekkid.
  • undercoverbanana
    @curious poor kitty. how horrfying. and scary. for all of you, including the poor kitty.
    i'm nekkid.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    @curious my parents had a cat named chester that wasnt fixed he was gome for 6 months or so and finally he made it home.. he was hit by a car at somepoint during that 6 months and survived... yeah he was nasty.. then we had charlie who was my cat nancys pal well nancy had a batch of kittens under the house and charlie took on an opposum and won but broke his jaw.. he was not a people friendly cat like nancy was and i was never able to catch him.. he was slack jawed for a few more year when i think he died of old age.. i fed him soft catfood for his last few years..
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • CrashCrash
    I probably would have...if I had been a sahm....taken it to the vet after hours, and asked them to put it down if there was no possibility of making it better. I feel guilty about it every time I think about it. I was working though, and it was a 10 minute break to pick up my kid and drop her off at home. It was just such a shock, in the dark, and it being a black cat, and the injury so terrible, and it was still alive, and "itself" enough to arch its back and wave its tail and try to rub up on me. I'm actually kind of surprised I didn't have nightmares about it...I'm very much a cat person. I talked to someone later (small town) who said they actually saw the vehicle that hit it. They stopped, but didn't have a gun in the car to finish it off, and they said they thought it was going to die as it was, since it was just lying there. Surprised to know that it was still alive and wandering around. :( Poor, poor kitty. What a dreadful ending.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • LiquidPeppermintLiquidPeppermint
    @MollyGraham: We're in northwest New Mexico, and we get the moths, too!  For about a week, they're unstoppable!  We always have at LEAST ten in the house every night, no matter how well we think we're sealed up.  We even have video of DD giggling while we're killing them.
  • GrainneGrainne
    I'm terrified of dying and not seeing my kids grow up. And of them dying. And bees and spiders.
  • RinRin
    I freak the fuck out with spiders! Can't even watch a movie with a spider in it! And then someone went and told me that we eat 5 to 6 spiders a yearbecause they drop down from the ceiling right the hell into your mouth while you sleep! Oh hell no, i want to tape my mouth shut at night! No wonder i sleep on my stomach and had the hardest time sleeping on my back while pregnant!
    "There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.. .pursue those"
  • PDXcocoPDXcoco
    Clowns, barbed wire, eyeball injuries, dead animals, and scary movies that don't involve zombies.
  • irishlassirishlass
    Vomit. I have an irrational fear of vomit.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Seuss
  • Luvlyssa
    Cockroaches. oh god. flying ones are the worst.

and spit. I *hate* when people spit. I literally gag and almost vomit. it makes me that sick.

I use hairspray on spiders... fuckers can't move then. ... and then I can make someone else kill it. I HATE squishing any bugs *shudder* the crunch sound/feel makes me ill. 
    Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
  • kittykisses80kittykisses80
    honestly wasnt scared of much until a yr ago.. now i just feel hyper ventilated in the dark by myself and opening a closed door into a dark room of not knowing what's behind it. Hopefully I'll out grow it. :-(
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    There is no phobia that reduces me to hysterics at this time. Some things skeeve me out (bird mites, centipedes). I do get nightmares about bears from time to time, but I've no trouble observing them at a zoo. 
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    I have the standard fears, I guess. Wouldn't want to be buried alive or drown or burn to death. About 20 years ago I read a newspaper article about something that happened to some poor guy and it has haunted me ever since. I won't give details, because then it will haunt everyone else, too. But let's just say it was worse than being buried alive.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
    I am also afraid of birds, oh, and tornados.

• mamaofboysmamaofboys
    I have a bad fear of heights and bridges. When we go on vacation every year we have to cross a very long bridge and I send myself into a panic attack. Good thing I don't have to drive over it.
    When I was a teenager two of my best friends took me out for my bday. They drove to the middle of a high bridge that you could see through, parked the car and tried to drag me out. Reduced to crying, shaking and curled up in the fetal position. Remember that @Tequila??
    I also don't do bugs and my boys love them. They have been known to chase me around the yard with bugs for me to see.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift; that's why they call it the present.
  • RuralRebellionRuralRebellion
    I'd like to say spiders, but I'm not sure if I can since sometimes I AM able to kill teeny ones myself.  But I would rather not.  I am otherwise completely skeeved out by spiders, and despite DH being a spider lover and trying to convince me they're ok, I'm still terrified.  It's seem to be one of those things close encounters didn't cure.  I've had a tarantula crawl across my hand at a nature show, didn't work.

But a friend who owned a snake got my over my fear of snakes.  Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity got me over my fear of heights (I think that's DH's no1 fear).  I've had pet mice so I'm not afraid of them.  Having me nose broken got me over my fear of being punched in the face (when I was a drunken teenager).  But spiders are still scary as fuck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Most everyone's mad here. You may notice that I'm not all there myself.
  • thislittlemommy5thislittlemommy5
    I hate the secret of Nym. It's about mice and rats, it's the creepiest movie... Parts still invade my nightmares here and there.
  • MollyGrahamMollyGraham
    @LiquidPeppermint Yeah, there's no way to keep them out. Last year we actually tried duct taping the windows and door seals at night. Nope, they still got in. I give my DS a flyswatter and tell him to go play moth baseball while I cower in a corner somewhere.
    Normal people never change the world.