Blogging
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Does anyone out there, besides Jill, actually make any money blogging?  I've thought about it, but I'm just not sure 1) I have anything of great import to say (comments here not withstanding) or 2) I could earn enough money to make it worth the time...
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • Moomin
    Oooh! I have often thought about this! My family love it when I spin off on a rant but I kinda figure they have to like my quirks? Lol.
    It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose.
  • ChickieChickie
    I know a few bloggers who make a little extra money blogging but it's not enough to quit their day job. I've kept a blog for a little over 8 years & have made a grand total of around $400. I get offers to do paid posts or run ads and I just feel weird doing them. Maybe if I'd started blogging with that as my goal, I'd be more okay with it.

Get a free blog & give it a whirl! I like reading what you have to say here!
    sometimes karma needs a nudge
  • ScaryMommyScaryMommy
    @BellaBefana You'd be so depressed to know what I actually make off of blogging. I mean, I do make money, but it comes from the books and the rare sponsorship - actually blogging? Not much and it took years before I made a penny. If you're thinking of starting a blog, there are a million good reasons, but money just isn't one of them. Sadly!
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    @ScaryMommy: that's kind of what I figured and wanted some honest feedback since I checked out some of the "blogging for money" info that's out there...a number of bloggers report enormous incomes from blogging (I've never heard of their blogs of course) like able to buy second summer home $$...I'm sure there are those who do, and the those who get lucky, like of "Julie and Julia" fame...I just don't see myself as that funny or creative to be one of those...

@Chickie: TY, it's nice to hear somebody's interested in what I have to say!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • Newb
    I am really not into blobs because they are a dime a dozen (no offense to bloggers, I'm just not a fan). You could possibly come up with a way to make your blog unique. Maybe post about controversial subjects? Ooooh, and make it anonymous. People will flip shit trying to figure out the brains behind the strong opinions.

I think I was born in the wrong era because I detest Facebook, blogs, and even message boards. You bitches are like crack, though, and I can't stay away. Haha
  • shate98shate98
    I have a blog. Last year I made 15 dollars on it. Yep that's it. But it's a labor of love. I keep a journal of one story about ds every day for posterity and for out of town immediate family. So I do it regardless of the money.
    "As you wander through your life, whatever be your goal,
    keep your eye upon the doughnut, not upon the hole."
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Does anyone know of a good blogging mobile app... Id love to start a blog to beable to vent and write down the little stories that happens in my house that causes my head to spin.. basically calling it "this is now i did not kill my family.."
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • ChickieChickie

Does anyone know of a good blogging mobile app... Id love to start a blog to beable to vent and write down the little stories that happens in my house that causes my head to spin.. basically calling it "this is now i did not kill my family.."

I use WordPress & Blogger apps & think WPs is easier to use.
    sometimes karma needs a nudge
  • CrashCrash
    I think you'd have to be wildly popular like The Bloggess before you'd make money...and even then, I'm not sure how much income she actually has. Plus, I think she writes for other online sites. It looks like a shit ton of work for not a whole lot, especially if you can't hit the right notes to bring in readers. And lot of them, at that.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • TheHeadacheslayer
    Blogging for profit is more than a full-time job. And honestly....the ones that ARE raking it in--has taken a toll on their family (obviously not talking about Jill! @scarymommy).

However, if blogging for "perks" sounds good, it's still a full-time job, but for instance, I know bloggers who get lots of samples (polish, makeup, etc).

I do a few market research/social media groups and have gotten quite a few free products over the years. The "best" free product I've gotten is a $100 bottle of strivectin cream ;) But I just got a spot on the Vogue Influencer Network, so I'm hoping for some good items in the future ;)

If you're interested @Bellabefana, let me know and I can send you invites to the groups.

My current items I'm trying (for free)
    Garnier dark spot peel
    Campbell's Soup
    Behind the Ear thermometer (got it just in time for us sickies lol)
    Glade air fresheners
    True Moo chocolate milk
    Peanut butter Toast Crunch cereal

Waiting on
    Tunafish

Most of these don't take long to do if you're good w/ social media--you just tweet, post on FB, use Pinterest, make a blog post, etc.

I tried to step up my game for my Beauty Blog to join a group but I just couldn't. My health is so up and down I just couldn't post enough. That's ok, I like blogging as a hobby :)