diagnosed with placenta previa and I'm getting worried
  • novascotiamom
    So I have placenta previa. My doc doesn't seem concerned and I wasn't either until Dh decided to Google what it was. I had a rough idea but it wasn't until we searched Google that I learned about all the horror stories. I had a good pregnancy until 35 weeks then I had a huge bleeding episode and have been spotting ever since (I'm 37 weeks now) We have a section planned which slightly saddens me as I desperately wanted a natural birth, but I know it's what is best for both me and the baby. I'm just terrified something will go wrong and I'll bleed to death or something as the baby attached towards my lower back part of my uterus. I was fine with the whole thing but as it winds down to crunch time I'm getting scared. I can't tell anyone in real life as I feel like I need to keep a brave face and stay positive.
  • Marionettevie
    ((((((HUGS)))))))))
    good luck mama! there are some scary stories out there.. i hope everything turns out alright with you and your baby.
  • SammieSammie
    It's totally normal to be scared!! Anybody would be, but take comfort in the fact that this isn't that uncommon. OBs see this condition regularly and know the proper procedures for keeping you and baby safe. Discuss all of your concerns with your OB as soon as you can. He/she will be able to answer your questions, offer insight and reassure you. You're in the home stretch now, mama. I'm sure everything will be ok!

Are you on bed rest?

community-manager

• toadintheholetoadinthehole
    Never ever EVER EVER google ANYTHING health related, if it had its way i'd be dead in an hour :-D
    "mummy I love your testicles" - mini-toadinthehole aged 3.5 years
  • Moomin
    Oh, wow! I did that last night too! It's totally normal to be scared but like @Sammie said, this isn't something rare and you will be taken care of properly. My SIL has this too right now. I'm sorry you can't have your natural birth, and that this has happened to you at all, but the best outcome is you and babe being safe :) hugs to you, lady!
    It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose.
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    O.K. mommies to be:  STAY OFF GOOGLE!  It's normal enough to be a little scared when pregnant...I know I was, and as a result, I really didn't enjoy being pregnant and since it's likely the only time I will experience in retrospect, it sucks because I really had a pretty easy pregnancy considering I was 45-46 at the time.  I didn't google everything, but I couldn't sleep so at 4 or 5 a.m. I would wake up and watch Discover Health and all the labor and delivery shows.  My friend, a retired OBG nurse finally told me DON'T WATCH THOSE SHOWS!

Placenta previa isn't that uncommon, and don't start getting worried until your OB starts getting worried.  Write down your questions and ask at the next visit what all the potential ramifications are and what you need to watch for, that's what your OB gets paid for, let him do his job!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • Moomin
    *@BellaBefana confiscates all of our Google bars* yes, ma'am :)

• AceofSpades
    One of my friends had placenta previa and delivered her baby girl full term, vaginally. She recovered wonderfully and baby was happy/healthy.

This might be a molehill... no need to see a mountain.... you're just hormonal and pregnant and naturally anxious. Hang in there mama! Sending SMOJO!
    "Tough times pass, but tough bitches last"

"I wish I could squirrel, but alas, I cannot"
  • BellaBefanaBellaBefana
    Moomin said:

*@BellaBefana confiscates all of our Google bars* yes, ma'am :)

I would if I could!
    Bite me, cupcake!
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    If she did that id never make dinner... lol
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • mommydeliriousmommydelirious
    I had it too and it ended up "moving" enougjt near the end not to have a planned section. I ended up having one but it was unrelated.
    Photobucket
  • Policemans_wifePolicemans_wife
    I had placenta previa with my second child. I had to have a c-section at 37 weeks and everything was fine. It's pretty common and the OB will have dealt with it a million times. The only minor issue I had was a bit of bleeding at delivery, I lost about a litre (sorry I'm metric, I don't know imperial) of blood as the placenta was detached.
    Please don't stress, I know you don't get a natural birth but a healthy baby is the end goal right?
    {{{{hugs}}}}
  • novascotiamom
    Thanks every one :) I am on bed rest as much as I can be for being A sahm with a toddler lol.
    I think once my husband gets home from being away for work I might be able to chill out a bit.

• gramalibbygramalibby
    May I add my hugs and blessings and love xoxoxo
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    @policemans_wife, 1 litre = 1 quart. And I'm glad you were both OK!
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • HipBabyMamaHipBabyMama
    I had previa and a c-section and everything was just fine. Get some rest and stop Googling!
  • novascotiamom
    Lol I've stopped googling. But made the mistake of commenting to a friend I was sore. (I feel like ive been kicked in the crotch if i stand for too long) She went into this huge rant about how if my cervix is completely covered I'll never know if my water breaks and I could potentially kill the baby. I wanted to behead her, but since that's illegal I told her to mind her own business.
  • RosamundiRosamundi
    Wow, with friends like that who needs Google??

Sorry for your stress, mama. Hugs!
  • novascotiamom
    This friend is a past classmate that I can't seem to escape. She's as crazy as a bag of hammers, I don't take her seriously. Earlier in my pregnancy she told me my heartburn was killing me and my baby by cutting off our oxygen levels and that we are destined to get cancer because we drink too much milk lol.
    Although I'm still slightly concerned I'm doing ok.I've come to the reasoning that my doc knows what is going on and I'm in good hands. I've switched my focus to holding this baby in until my husband gets home next week. It's hard to stay on bedrest though now that the weather is getting nice. I just want to go for a long walk outside and enjoy the fresh air but I'm pretty much confined to my driveway because I'm not allow to walk father than my mailbox.
  • Moomin
    Oh my god! I had heartburn sooo bad with Baby Bear! We went for an u/s at 20wks and we could see her hair floating around (I know they say it's an old wives tale but I say not!) as soon as she was out and they brought me my hospital dinner my heartburn completely disappeared! Lol. Oh hun, hugs!