my crotch area smells so bad :-(
  • Anonymous
    About six mos. after the birth of my son, I started getting a bad/sour smell in my crotch area.  at first I thought it was coming from my vagina, but it's not.  WTH is this??  And what can I do about it?  i can get out of the shower and use the bathroom like 15 minutes later, and when i stand up i can actually smell it in the air.  i'm clean and don't have any infections.  i looked up rectocele, but its not a bm/poop smell--it just smells dirty and kind of sour-ish.  does anyone else have this problem?  i've tried using summer's eve gel/body wash, FDS, even douching, but nothing helps. 
  • Two things I can suggest. 1- Start using summer'e eve vaginal soap... Makes you smell and taste delicious... 2-have your OB/GYN check for bacterial vaginosis...
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    @Anon - Just to be clear, you've talked to your doctor and you've been tested for multiple infection possibilities?
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • LoveLove
    I had an issue similar once, it was like a sweaty rash thing where my thighs joined, you know where I mean, like in the creases?
    It was the pants I wore all the time! I stopped wearing those pants and put a little Secret on the inside of my thighs, and that was the end!

But ditto Gingersnap's question. Being 'clean' is not an issue with a possible infection. And a yeast infection is completely different from bacterial vaginosis !

community-manager

• Or an inflamed cervix.
  • chaosmomchaosmom
    Definitely need to see your Dr!! Do you have any rash, itching, discharge? Is your pee cloudy or different color? Those and smell are all signs of infection. Do NOT douche! If it is bacterial, you don't want to push the bacteria any further up that where it is.

I had a similar issue after my 3rd DS. But I had a rash with it. Dr blamed it on poor hygiene (HA!) and a yeast infection. Turns out I had developed a latex allergy and was having a reaction from my pads AND the elastic in my underwear!
  • Anonymous
    I HAD THE EXACT SAME THING AND IT WAS BV SAME THING AS FIRST POSTER STATED. ITS WHEN THE BAD BACTERIAL TAKES OVER. ANYWHO YOU WILL GT A CREAM FOR 5-7 DAYSS  AND IT B-) CLEARS UP!
  • Anonymous
    I knew someone who had that issue. When I asked if she had been drinking enough water, she realized that she hadn't for weeks. Dehydration is a big deal, so drink water!! Hopefully that will help before anything medical has to be done.
  • ok, this sounds horrible. But I knew a mom who had the same problem. She had a foul odor coming from her vag. She tried everything...washing, douching, baths etc. Nothing worked.

You know what it was? When she had her 10 pound son, she had a bad epi, like the worst you could get and the OB left gause up inside her and it was literally rotting in her body. I am not even kidding. When they removed it, the new ob nearly passed out from the smell. It is a true story, you can look it up. Mom sued the doctor and hosptal and won a shit load of money.  

• serenitynowserenitynow

i recently started using summer's eve and i must admit that it is awesome!

• unforgivenunforgiven
    Respect the V hahaha

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • runbitchrunrunbitchrun
    Go to your OBGYN and make sure it isn't a yeast infection or bacterial vaginitis. If your clear on both, it could just be your flora count is down, are you eating a yogurt with active cultures everyday or taking a probiotic? Also there is a product called repHresh, after every period use it. It is not a douche which can wash out the good bacteria it just balances out your Ph. Are you using a fragrance free laundry dtergent? Wearing breathable underwear? Wash your underwear in hot water. Don't hang out in your wet bathing suit or in your workout clothes... if all fails, go back to you OBGYN. Odor usually isn't a symptom of vulvadynia but it could be that. I just went through all this, obviously, and this is what I had to do. Oh and like @serenitynow says, use the sensitive Ph wash by summers eve. You can even get the travel individual wipes to freshen up during the day. I wouldn't recommend the deoderant until you have it cleared with you doc. The End. Whew. :)
  • brandyhx
    can you do anything for bv on your own? i don't get a bad smell but the taste can be sour....does eating yogurt help with the bacteria in there?
  • brandyhx
    oh thank you @runbitchrun that is a helpful comment i should have read before posting more questions hehe
  • LoveLove
    If you taste sour @brandyhx, and I won't ask how you know that LOL, and there's not a problem per se, drink pineapple juice ! Works great for hims too !

community-manager

• brandyhx
    thanks! hey i have to check it out before i can let dh go down there! lmao!
  • singlemomlongx
    Okay im gonna feel like a dolt here but I've just gotta say...had the same prob and the more I dutched (yep that's what I call it) the worse it got and nothing made it better and it permeated the air in the bathroom just like you said but i had no other symptoms wtf?? It only went on a few days before i went to dr where she promptly found a tampon id forgotten was there and must have pushed up real far the first time I had sex after my period. I felt dumb but relieved to have found the source and it was something so simple! You should prob see doc soon. I was glad I did!!
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    @singlemomlongx!!  I've done that one once!  The most horrific smell EVER!!  After about 3 days mine finally made it back down enough that one of the times when I was using a mirror checking things out I saw the string.  TOTALLY more aware now!
  • singlemomlongx
    I've done it twice now...I had one crawl out on its own days after id last used one SURPRISE!! You know those magnetic in/out boards they use in offices??....just a thought lol
  • Messy_Hair_MommyMessy_Hair_Mommy
    My best friend just told me a story about a girl that had sex with her boyfriend and she had a tampon in and didn't remember (Don't really understand how you can forget) and his dick shoved it up inside her, and she didn't notice for WEEKS and it started smelling and she went to the doctor and they had to surgically remove it and now she can not have babies...
  • singlemomlongx
    Yikes...surgically remove it?? Something really happened wrong like maybe infected or damaged her cervix.. And let me explain how you can forget, from experience lol I probably had put one in after my shower mindlessly and rushed to get ready to go somewhere, as im walking out must have thought oh shit I better put a tampon in so run to the bathroom and quickly shove one in thereby pushing the first one way far up there. Later took that one out and replaced etc till end of period, never realizing about that one shoved up so far. .also can forget that last one of your period is in cuz it didn't fill up and so then have sex and push it up and never realize its there until it comes out randomly or what happened with ur friend and me...smells and go to the doctor. Ive done it both ways lol some women have a tall vag. When i go to get a pap smear she has to use a longer thing to get to my cervix...thats why can fit one tampon atop the other and not realize. Those with shorter distance between opening and cervix probably wouldnt be able to make the mistake in the first place. In for Weeks would really suck though. It does get stinky and rottoney. The whole room smelled when I had that one extracted....geeroosss. now im really paranoid and extra careful.
  • Anonymous
    I found that the odor I had was mostly from perspiring while taking care of the kids, house, etc.  I started using an aerosol antiperspirant/deodorant in the crotch region before dressing in the morning.  It virtually eliminated the problem.
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    Curious, sick minds want to know!!  Could the OP please tell us how or if this smell had a diagnosis???