Bin Laden
  • Anonymous
    I have a feeling we have a lot to say about this subject and it's new developments.
  • Anonymous
    I for one am really bothered by this. I agree that he was an awful human, even an evil human. But it is not my place to judge. That is in god's hands. What I can't get over is the Amount of people that claim to be christian and are posting so much hateful stuff. Like burn in hell. I could write a book but I have to go to work tomorrow so goodnight for now.
  • Anonymous
    For some people it's considered black and white and all seems to be an 'eye for an eye'. This man was responsible for so many lives lost and so many families will possibly never recover from losing a loved one. When I look at pictures from 9/11 I still can't believe my eyes. How someone can justify killing so many people, I'll never understand. In my heart I don't believe he deserved to live while so many people are still suffering from his actions. With so many people questioning the quick burial of his body and some making a big deal that he was unarmed when he was shot, it makes no difference to me. These people who have lost loved ones in the 9/11 attacks won't get those people back. I'm sure the death of OBL brings a small sense of relief but justice? Probably not. Being Christian myself, I'm not sure how exactly to feel about this really. As the above poster said, it's in God's hands. I wonder when or where it all stops though. Or if it ever will stop at all.
  • Anonymous
    Something is fishy about the whole situation. You can't possibly do all they have claimed to do in less than an hour. Someone's lying
  • Anonymous
    I agree there is something that doesn't sound right. I still can't believe he was living in Pakistan 90 min away from the capital for 6 years and nobody knew? craziness!
  • Anonymous
    Nobody knew? Not exactly. The Pakistani government knew. So did a lot of his Arab allies. I am sure top Al Queda members knew. Joe

Who didn't know? The US govt until last year. They did a good job keeping this from us.

I was in Manhattan during 9/11 and saw the towers on fire. Awful, awful tragedy. So in that sense I am glad that he is dead. But on the other hand, I am now very nervous. There will be pay-back. No doubt.
  • Anonymous
    Whoops! Stray word there.

That was supposed to say: Joe neighbors down the street probably had no idea.
  • Anonymous
    Sadly, there are other top notch Al Qaeda just waiting to step up and fill his shoes you know. And yes, I too am afraid of retaliation.
  • Anonymous
    I'm very worried about retaliation but it seems to be low priority for most people. Do they really think that his death won't cause more attacks on the US and its people? I feel strongly that it won't be long before we're attacked again. I also believe it will be worse than before and it will continue until we close our borders and leave the other countries to fend for themselves.
  • Anonymous
    First, I have to agree with some of you. This whole quick burial at sea thing is very fishy. Something's not right. I was just telling my husband last night...Maybe we had him the whole time and he died unexpectedly. Maybe they tortured him to death, maybe he starved, who knows. All I know is that if it would have happened the way they said it did, I don't believe they would have just dumped the body in the middle of the ocean.

Secondly, I am also afraid of what's to come. I agree that there will be retaliation in a major way. We can pretty much bank on the fact that his replacement is already taking over. Hopefully he is not as good at his plans of attack. God help us all, especially our troops and their families. I hate to be corny, but God Bless the USA!
  • Anonymous
    Have you read the details about why he was buried at sea? It makes sense once you do.

First, Obama wanted to honor the muslim custom of buying the dead a day after they die. He felt that it would be respectful of the custom. So that explains why it was done quickly.

But then there was the issue of what to do with the body. If it were handed back to his family, it would have been paraded through the streets in an open glass casket as a way to honor and martyr him as a hero. Can you imagine how that would have played out? Not good.

So what do you do with the body if you can't give it back to the family? You find a way so that no one can get to it, by burying it with the fishes.

They have the photos. It's him. They described exactly what was done (two shots to the head) and have proof. The news today explains why releasing those pictures would do more harm than good.

So, I, for one believe the death story.
  • Anonymous
    The previous poster brings up a lot of valid points!!
  • Anonymous
    Good points! I didn't realize all of that. Thank you!
  • Anonymous
    SO let me get this straight.. this man comes to our country and terrorizes families and we are supposed to respect HIS beliefs? Hell to the no. He didn't deserve shit from us. And yes his pictures should be shown to show the others what will happen if they dare cross the USA again.
  • Anonymous
    Poster above: I don't disagree with that.

But consider this: Obama had good reason to try to respect the Muslim culture. In fact, a million good reasons. The arab world is quite large and he wanted to keep the rioting to a minimum as much as he could. He knew that this would martyr Bin Laden for a good percentage of people. Why give those people more to be angry about?

This was something he could control, so he chose to follow Muslim culture. Doing so probably also fit into a bigger plan. There are plenty of reasons for disposing of him so quickly, but we'll never know what those are.
  • Anonymous
    I suppose I"m just skeptical. I can't fathom why they are hiding the pics, the details, or even trying to protect the very people who HURT our country.
  • Anonymous
    I think there's a difference between HIDING the photos and deciding that releasing them will be incentive for more violence.

Here's a good article explaining why, if anyone is interested:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/cbs-obama-says-he-wont-release-bin-laden-photos/2011/05/04/AFyB5aoF_story.html
  • Anonymous
    I think the photos will be released eventually or someone on the inside will leak them out. Theres so many people out there who want to see them. So many people want justice, proof, and WANT to know this man has in some way paid for what hes done.
  • Anonymous
    Some are arguing that no matter what Obama decided to do with the photos it would have been 'wrong' and some are angry that the photos aren't being released because they believe we shouldn't worry about how Osama's followers would react because the images of 9/11 will be forever imbedded in America's minds. He didn't give a second thought to killing thousands! why should we care about how people who share his views would feel?
  • Anonymous
    We should care because we are NOT animals and because we shouldn't TRY to incite more violence and ASK for retribution. I am GLAD he is dead, in fact, I wish we could have tortured him. But that is the difference between us and them....between civilized humans and humans who act like animals with no regard to what is right and wrong, what is just or fair.
  • Anonymous
    Hi! I'm new to this conversation. I would just like to add that there is more to this story than we may ever know. The media is trying it's best to piece together the whole story, but I'm guessing there are parts that are classified in order to protect National Security. Remember, it's the media's job to report the news but they can only report what's being released...and they have a tendency to further sensationalize what has become an already sensational story.

There is proof that OBL is dead...both in pictures and DNA evidence. There is no conspiracy in his quick burial...I think the previous poster was spot-on in his/her explanation of the burial.

We don't know what else the government is working on. Releasing "the big picture" here could prevent other terrorists from being captured or could put our soldiers and their informants in harm's way. I'm ok with not knowing the details if it's for the greater good.
  • Anonymous
    "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that. " Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • Anonymous
    I have a few friends that live in Pakistan and they have told me that there is no tradition in Islam about burying people at sea. Even they say something is fishy about this whole ordeal. I can say without a doubt, that these people I am friends with are on our side. It's kind of funny though because one of them told me once that he thinks their religious beliefs in general are crazy and bullsh*t. LOL!!
  • Anonymous
    It's not a tradition to bury at sea, but to bury within a day of death. They chose the sea because, really, where else could he buried? Saudi Arabia (his birthplace) stripped him of citizenship, he essentially had no home. No other country is going to step up and say "We'll take him!" Any burial on land would become a point of pilgrimage for his followers. Being buried at sea means no place for his followers to go.

As far as the pictures, I understand the reason not to show them. It would inflame an already hostile enemy. How would we feel if our enemies killed one of our own, and then flashed the pictures all over the internet for everyone to see (Remember Mogadishu i.e. Black Hawk Down?) Remember how we felt when images of people dancing & celebrating the devastation on 9/11 hit the airwaves? Not to mention, there are those that would insist they want the pictures then insist that they were fake after seeing them. (I am not so naive to think that there are things about this that our government will never reveal, BTW.)

There is no easy path to follow for any of this. No doubt, it's hard to be the better person when all you want to do hand out a dose of good ol' "eye for an eye." But if we want to see any change in this world, we have to be that change first. I am in no way sorry he is gone, but I cannot bring myself to celebrate the death of anyone -- even OBL. I am strangely numb about it. Maybe because I don't think his death has changed much of anything; the threats still exist. His death is more of a symbolic victory.
  • Anonymous
    I am in no way sorry he is gone, but I cannot bring myself to celebrate the death of anyone -- even OBL. I am strangely numb about it. Maybe because I don't think his death has changed much of anything; the threats still exist. His death is more of a symbolic victory.

I think this sums up how I feel. I know that there are still possibilities that we could get hit again. That worries me.
  • Anonymous
    Husband's a Marine. I wish MARSOC got him. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have a fatass Navy guy strutting around base chanting, "NAVY, NAVY, NAVY"? You jackass, it was the SEALs who fucked his shit up. You should burst into flames comparing yourself to them. You are worthless. You work Administration and play on Facebook and Youtube all day. You've never seen a deployment or even stepped foot in the Sandbox. STFU. *Whew. I feel better. Thanks!*
  • Anonymous
    I think if foxnews.com can post pictures of other people they killed in the compound, then they can post pictures of OBL.
  • Anonymous
    not much to say, if he is dead, he is dead....
  • Anonymous
    OK, I am European, but I had friends who worked in the twin towers and died that fateful day.

What I do not understand is, if OBL deserved to die because of all the innocent lives that were lost under his orders, then who deserves to die for all the innocent men, women and children who have been killed in Iraq under Bush's/Obama's/Blair's/Brown's etc orders? Do the Iraqi people have the right to demand these leaders be executed in the same way? Please believe me, I think OBL was an evil man, and I think he should have been taken to Guantanamo and treated like sh*t, like the other inmates - not made a martyr, which is exactly what he wanted. But I cannot understand the double standards here. More innocent lives have been taken by the Americans, British etc since 911 than were taken in 911 so who 'pays' for that?
  • Anonymous
    the ass is dead, be happy
  • Anonymous
    I can't beleive all of you still think he was responsible for 9/11.
    It was your own government people, read up!
  • Anonymous
    right 425, OBL was completely innocent LOL
  • Anonymous
    Not all, but it's like comparing apples and oranges.
  • Anonymous
    what i wanna know is how someone (anyone) can think that 9/11 was caused by our own government. Our government were NOT the ones flying planes into buildings and the ground. Get a grip. We as a country were attacked
  • Anonymous
    THANK YOU 914!! I"m so glad somebody said it. GEEZ
  • Anonymous
    May 5 7:44 I am in complete agreement with you
  • Anonymous
    There is so much proof otherwise, it's just easier for you to play the victim.
  • Anonymous
    That being said, it was awful and horrible and totally wrong.
  • Anonymous
    There is no proof otherwise, just a lot of nutso conspiracy theories.
  • Anonymous
    Thank you 3:41! While it may be true the government knew more about the threat of something happening than they let on, there is NO proof they CAUSED 9/11. That is such a ridiculous statement it doesn't even deserve recognition, nor do the crazy people who believe it.
  • Anonymous
    Crazy racist morons!
  • Anonymous
    It was a controlled demolition. There is no proof that it is not. That plane busted shit up, that plane did not bring down the building.

Chill out. I didn't do it.
  • Anonymous
    its all about placing blame on our government. i've seen the same shows on the history channel as you and if you watch the WHOLE show it clears shows the true answers not the theroies about what happened. WE were NOT responsible.
  • Anonymous
    "according to viewers it was replete with distortion and deception, all delivered in the kind of condescending tone we have become used to from the establishment media."

which is exactly what you could say about my opinion.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

The world would be a boring place if we all believed in the same thing!
  • Anonymous
    how was it a controlled demo when a plane HIT the building? Its not like it was planned... where do you come up with this shit?
  • Anonymous
    Because of the way the buildings fell. Google it. The conspiracy nuts have a valid point on this one. There's no way just the planes crashing into those buildings brought them down like that.
  • Anonymous
    I like how the above poster posted at exactly 11 mins after 11 on the 11th!!!!!!......cool....11 is my fav number.....
  • Anonymous
    11:11...Un-freakin'-believable.
  • Anonymous
    google it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA as if nothing you will find on the internet is distorted or simply untrue.
    Lemonparty.org is a good place to find info.
  • Anonymous
    Ok, smartass, Google is a search engine that leads to all SORTS of websites. Lemonparty.org didn't send you a personal invitation to view it, did they?

When someone says "Google it", they generally mean research the issue for yourself.

Only you can decide what you believe, but if you can't be bothered to educate yourself on all sides of the issue, then why bother commenting at all?
  • Anonymous
    There's no way those buildings could have imploded on themselves? Really? Are you a mechanical engineer?

Seems to be it's totally possible, almost like a domino effect. The top floors were totally destroyed, not to mention on fire. One collapsed onto another, and the weight of it took out all the floors, one by one.

Engineers have done PLENTY of research on this. When it was built, they were concerned that the towers would topple on their sides, which would take out dozens of blocks and cause who knows how much damage. So they were designed to fall into itself, and did exactly what they were supposed to under this awful situation.