Contractions you don't feel?
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    Short of the long- Due my bp of 152/80 at my appoint on Thursday I was sent over to Labor & Delivery to have a base-line stress test and blood work done. They hooked me up to take my bp readings every 10 minutes as well keep an eye on the baby's heart rate. Lab results were fine, baby was doing great (and loving mama laying on her back for 2 hours), but my CNM noticed I was have small contractions. She asked if I felt them and I said, "I'm having contractions?". I'm 33 weeks with baby #2. I asked if it was common to see contractions this early and she said that honestly they don't usually hook many woman as early as me up tot he machine to see it. (At least at the hospital I'm going to.)

Anyone hear of this? I'm not worried, so much as curious. If the CNM isn't freaking out then neither will I. (Plus what happens happens.)
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • chaosmomchaosmom
    Maybe just Braxton Hicks? When I was constantly being hooked up to machines with DS6, my dr never said anything so I really don't know. That would just be my guess.
  • OpheliaOphelia
    Are they like braxton hicks or the real deal? I started noticing the bh around 34wks.
    Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.. -Grateful Dead<3
  • bendorbreak bendorbreak
    I didn't really feel contractions. I went to one of my weekly appointments and the dr told me I was 4cm. I had one while she was checking me and she could feel it and I still couldn't. Went to get fully induced a coule days later and they gave me pitocin and I still didnt feel anything. They broke my water at 5cm and then I finally felt it. Idk what they would want to do about them coming early but I went to get induced because I couldn't feel them and the dr wanted to make sure I made it to the hospital. Maybe ask them if they want to do that, if you want to try that.
  • CrashCrash
    I never really felt contractions until it came to make or break time. I was 3 cm dilated for all of my kids a month prior to giving birth, and nothing, not even Braxton Hicks.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • OnmylastnerveOnmylastnerve
    I was nine days over due and having contractions that were 2 minutes apart but I couldn't feel most of them. The nurses had ask me if I could feel them. I felt them about 8 minutes apart. But once I start dilating and put me on pitocin I felt every single one.
    not my chair, not my problem
  • I had DD at 32 1/2 weeks.  My water broke so I had to be admitted.  I was asked if I felt any contractions and said no.  We got hooked up to all the machines and were told there were some there.  Sure enough, when I looked at the monitor and felt the tightness I realized I have been having them for a couple days.  They didnt hurt either, kinda felt like minor period cramps. I ended up delivering that night so I still don't know what "real" contractions feel like.
    I wasn't feeling them at all. I had one while we were talking about it and the little blip showed up on the graph. I'm pretty sure the random tightening I feel towards the top of my womb is BH, but I wasn't getting those while I was there. I know my for real, real contractions come from my lower back. When I get cramps during my period that's where I feel them, and when I was in labor with DS2 it was contractions from my back.

I'm not worried about it if they CNMs aren't. And if they're acting calm about it, then they deserve some major awards! LOL My BP is what worries me the most. It has always ran high to begin with. Thanks for that, genetics. I would just like to avoid bed rest and the multitude of complications that come with high BP in pregnancy. We talked about maybe having 3 kids but if this pregnancy goes south, I may have to be happy with two. :-/

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
    @rocknrollgal. Mine just got incredibly uncomfortable....immense pressure building up then they would pass. Like the worlds worst period cramps. I was also put on pitocin because I was plenty effaced but not very dialated when my water broke. I'm glad we did that, I would have had DS sometime in the wee hours of the night....by the time I was pushing I had already been having contractions for 12 hours. Blah.

• InAMinuteInAMinute
    Oh yeah, Braxton Hicks. With DD, I got them really strong at the the endof the pregnancy. The nurse wanted to admit me but I told her they weren't painful and I'd been having them for a week. With this pregnancy, they started at about 6.5 months along. Annoying and uncomfortable but not concerning. Real contractions hurt. That's the difference.
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    I had a bunch of non-stress tests toward the end of my pregnancy and the nurses would always say, "Oh, you just had a contraction." And I would have to take their word for it, because I sure didn't feel them.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • NoMoreMonkeysNoMoreMonkeys
    I wouldn't worry too much about the contractions.  I was contracting off and on for 2 months or so with my 4th.  They weren't painful, just my belly getting tight.  As long as they aren't regular and getting closer, they are just your body preping for what it needs to do later on.