HCG drops
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    I thought this had been discussed in a previous thread, but I can't find it.  So I do apologize for the repeat.

I have done my research and have made the decision to try it.  Now, all I need are the drops.  My sister and mom did it and had great success.  However, they got the drops from my brother and his wife.  We don't get along, so I can't really use the same source. 

I was hoping someone on here had used them with success.  I have heard that you need to be sure to get them from the same source as someone that had success.

Any suggestions?  And I really am not asking to be chastised or lectured on my decision.  The decision has been made.  Thank you for your input and/or concern, but you won't be changing my mind.

Thanks ladies!
  • AKimiBAKimiB
    Hmm... I haven't done it, but if you can swing it, speaking to your doctor/nutritionist about it they can direct you to the right dosage and brand, maybe even provide client testimonials.
    I respect your decision and wish you well with it!
    SMSM_s_5 photo SMSM_s_5_zps5d122d86.jpg
  • momof4momof4
    What are HCG drops?  Don't pay much attention to this kind of stuff...
  • CrashCrash
    I messaged a girl I know who uses these to see where she got them, but she's ignoring her FB. Lol.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • anonymommy
    I got them from www.healthyourselfalive.com

I just didn't have the willpower to stick with it the second time around, but had great results the first time.  Good luck!  I would recommend getting a book with some info on what you need to do in the maintenance phase as well as lining up some recipes.  For me, getting bored with the limited allowed foods was a big issue.  I had no recipes.
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    You ladies are AWESOME!  Thank you!!

@momof4 - they are drops that assist you in losing weight by resetting your metabolism.  You do the drops in conjunction with a 500 calorie diet for 26 days.  Then you have 6 weeks of "setting" your current weight/metabolism.  I've heard stories from friends about their loss....and I am ready to do it.

• AnonMomAnonMom
  • momof4momof4
    hmmmm interesting plz let me know how it works! good luck. I'm slowly working on making myself healthier. I go to the gym now and i've made myself start drinking water instead of 1 cup of coffee then diet pepsi the rest of the day til i go to bed get up repeat. I alternate between a glass of pepsi and a glass of water cause I can't go cold turkey on the pepsi cause i've drank it since i was 15. then i plan on slowly cutting away the pepsi til i'm to one glass a day maybe none haven't decided yet...lol  todays my first day and i'm sooooo tired with out the caffeine and peeing like crazy....lol
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    Ive heard it works but only 500 cal a day for 26 days!? I just dont think i could stick to that.

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • LoveLove
    @unforgiven Right?? I'd knock that outta the park with my daily coffee intake alone...

community-manager

• AnonMomAnonMom
    @Love -- as long as you use stevia and no cream, you can have as much coffee as you want!!  I know the whole  500 calorie thing....I don't know how I'm going to do it!  BUT!  It's for only 26 days AND after that I can go back up to a normal calorie intake to maintain -- ie bacon, starch, sugar, bacon. 

Bonus for me -- I have MS and have recently concluded my research on HCG drops and MS.  It's supposed to help stave off symptoms!  WOOHOO!!!  Symptom free AND losing weight?!  SWEET!
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    @Love I KNOW RIGHT?!

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • anonymommy
    @AnonMom....be careful when adding back in starch and sugar.  That's what killed me and made me gain most of it back.  According to the book I bought, you're not supposed to add those back for another 3 weeks after ending the drops, and even then, you have to do it slowly.  I am a huge carb addict and I was right back to the carbs after the drops ended.  And my ass shows it.

Also, on the 500 calorie bit.  I never counted calories while on the diet and still had good results-easily 2 lbs/day.  I did stick very strictly to the foods allowed on the plan though.  If I was still hungry, I just ate more veggies.  I know people who follow it all religiously (even the 500 calorie part) would hate me for saying that, but I had to do what I had to do to not kill someone :)  500 calories just wasn't realistic for me.

GOOD LUCK MAMA! 
  • AnonUser23
    I tried it for one week. 500 calories was near impossible to stick to. I still have the drops and may try again but I will be more realistic next time and probably do 700 - 750 calories per day.
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    In most diets veggies are "free" calories, so that's what I'm banking on here too!  I could eat a HUGE bowl of veggies and be a happy camper. 

Thanks for the advice @anonymommy!  I had read in my research about SLOWLY adding that stuff back in.  And it's not until the 4th week AFTER you stop the drops.  SO, it's no noodles and potatoes for 49 days...OMG!  I'm going to die.....

The next thing I need to research and figure out is the makeup/lotion/lipstick thing.  How am I supposed to live without my smelly lotions and pretty shiny lips for 28 days?????
  • anonymommy
    @AnonMom, I know!!!  That part killed me too...I felt like a damn crocodile.  I just didn't do enough homework before I started it and I started off great, but couldn't keep it up :(  And I was all too happy to have my noodles back!  Love me some noodles....
  • Linzi82
    I bought some drops to and abit scared of using them sad I no are they really that good :)