Empty formula cans?
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    Hi Ladies!

I just discovered that i have like a gazillion empty formula cans (i breastfeed but supplement with formula).... I don't want to throw out the cans because that's just more crap in the landfills....

I was wondering if you ladies had any ideas on what to do with them?
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    @Laurie they are the metal ones
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    @Laurie, I was thinking maybe a craft project, like making toys for DS or something?
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    @Laruie, thanks anyway :)
  • GlitterQueen GlitterQueen
    Flower pots?
    Poke holes in the bottoms  for draining, and you would paint the outside with designs. I had wanted to do that with my formula cans but mine are cardboard. then you have pretty little eco planters. Like take a few and put herbs in them and you could keep them in the kitchen
  • DemandaDemanda
    Oh! Oh! Oh!  
    I have the coolest project on my Pinterest board.  It's for a wedding technically, but I think you could use them for whatever.  

Or you can send them to me and I'll use them for this lol.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • GlitterQueen GlitterQueen
  • DemandaDemanda
    ^^^ My son and I made those one year for Mothers Day gifts for all his many grandmothers.  Good idea, @GlitterQueen, I forgot about that project.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    @MommyDearest, OMG I LOVE THAT IDEA, I'm getting married in October and that will save a TON on decorations!
  • momofeveryonemomofeveryone

at the daycare i worked at we kept cans all year round for mothersday tomato plants to give to moms and grandmas. like @GlitterQueen pic the kid would get to plant the tomato plant and paint the can and we would glue a picture of the kid on the can.

another one i have see is the lanterns that @mommyDearest showed, they are reallllly cute

you can use them to hold 'randoms' in your pantry like seasoning packets, or wrap them in ribbon and put sugar /creamer/ stirrers packets in them for parties. a gf uses them in her craft bag, and kids glue stuff ot them and use them as pencil holders.

if any of you watched the show make room for baby on discovery health, they glued a bunch together to look like castle towers, and made a 3D wall art thing. it was cute!!!

i want a nap. and some chocolate. who's with me?!
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    @momofeveryone, @GlitterQueen, @choasmom, @MommyDearest, I Love all these Ideas! Thanks sooo much :D
  • CanadianMamaCanadianMama
    @MommyDearest what size of cans are you looking for? I can save them for you and then drop them off the next time I'm up London way!

I love the flower pot idea!!!!!! You can also use them to make drums, not super exciting, but definitely a good use for them! 

community-manager

• farmmommyfarmmommy
    @MommyDearest I'm sure I'll have tons of them. He's only 3 months old so we have 9 more months to stock up, I can send any extra we have
  • DemandaDemanda
    @farmmommy... congratulations!  And yeah, aren't these so cool for a wedding? 
     I love them!    There are so many cool ideas out there for a fall wedding, we haven't set a date yet but I think I want the fall too.

@CanadianMama -  I don't know... maybe it's just me, but I only remember one size of formula cans from back when he was a baby... other than those big-ass cardboard ones.  I think a variety of sizes would look cool anyway.  Thank you, I'll take whatever you've got!
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    @MommyDearest, my mom also sent me this link(after I showed her that pic)

http://www.thebridaldistrict.com/1999/01/tin-can-wedding-vases-charming-rustic.html

We are getting married in an old train station in my town and the cans will be perfect!
  • DemandaDemanda
    I love those, @farmmommy!  Definitely my style.  With the ones I showed you, I was sure my BF would veto them because he prefers modern stuff, but to my surprise he thought they were really cool.
    I love love love the old train station idea

So, for some reason I can't get on Pinterest right now but once I can I'm going to show you this other amazing idea that would be awesome for a fall wedding... they use pumpkins and other gourds and kind of like a jack o'lantern idea... but instead they drill holes all over pumpkins... my description isn't doing it justice, I will post a pic when pinterest.com decides to be a valid URL again.

Eta- I'm not sure why this is formatted all weird. Maybe my computer is haunted.
    @MommyDearest I had a fall wedding, imo it's the best time to get married :D Our head table centrepiece was a cornocopia of wildflowers. We got married on the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, so it fit perfectly!!! Also we used Sunflowers because they were in season, they're hypo-allergenic and I have a tattoo of a sunflower on my back :D 

Fall weddings rock!!!!

Would you just be looking for formula cans, or cans of all sizes? I have a bunch of friends with babies, so I'm sure I could wrestle up a bunch of formula cans for you!!! 

community-manager

• DemandaDemanda
    Any cans really, @CanadianMama... I didn't think I'd get any formula cans, I hadn't thought to appeal to the Moms on here, so I had told BF we were going to eat a whole lot of soup!  He'll be happy...
    LOL! I'll put out a call to my mom friends, and start collecting them for you! I go to London once every couple of months so I'll be able to get them to you LONG before you'll need them! 

community-manager

• DemandaDemanda
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    @MommyDearest, I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT!!!!

I'm actually growing gords and pumpkins this year to use(another way to save $$)
  • momofeveryonemomofeveryone
    @MommyDearest, very cool! my DS's b-day is on halloween, and im so going to be doing this!!
    i want a nap. and some chocolate. who's with me?!
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    @MommyDearest, Do you have a dress yet? I'm getting mine from here : http://www.milanoo.com/Wedding-c391    

They are cheap and make the dresses to your measurement 
  • DemandaDemanda
    @momofeveryone - that is so cool!  I wish my birthday was Halloween, it's my favourite day of the year.

@farmmommy - no I haven't because we haven't even set a date so our plans consist right now of me daydreaming.  We've only been engaged a month or so.  I know what I want though.  OK, I just checked out that link.. those prices are phenomenal!  I will definitely keep that site in mind, thank you!
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    @MommyDearest, I know, I just stumbled onto that site one day. I'm still going to try dresses on because everygirl HAS to do that. But after I get an idea of what looks good on me then I'm ordering :)

BTW, congrats!!!!