Signs Depo is Wearing Off?
  • AKimiBAKimiB
    I have only been on Depo for a few months, since giving birth to my daughter, and am hoping that maybe it's wearing off.... I've had horrible moods/headaches weight gain and retention.... But, I don't know.
    What I'm going through right now is spotting (I hadn't had my period since my 2-month long bleed-out post-partum) and I'm losing more hair (I know pregnancy along with some birth controls keep you hairy, lol). Also, my next appointment WAS supposed to be mid-march. Not going though.
    What were some signs that you saw when Depo was wearing off? Does any of what I'm experiencing sound normal, or should I see someone?

I would google, but search pages kill my phone for some reason. :/
    Thanks in advance!
    SMSM_s_5 photo SMSM_s_5_zps5d122d86.jpg
  • I spotted dark blood, and stopped eating EVERYTHING in sight, and my headaches went away. I also had energy. AND the best sign: I no longer needed antidepressants. YAY!
  • AKimiBAKimiB
    Oh man, I hope the "stopped eating everything in sight" catches up with me, @CanDid .
    The headaches are still here occasionally, and my energy is still relatively low, but then again I think that may have something to do with the two young ones.
  • kmetz44kmetz44
    I got pregnant!!
    Im pretty extraordinary in an ordinary way
  • SouthernButterflySouthernButterfly
    I HATED Depo. I had one shot when I was 16, and I bled for months on end. Gained weight. It was awful, and still to this day the reason I think it took me so long to get pregnant with my son four years later. I don't remember when it wore off. I think when I quit bleeding constantly, and the weight fell off of me.
  • AKimiBAKimiB
    @kmetz44 :)) excuse me if I don't jump for joy at that particular sign. :P

@southernbutterfly see, that's the thing, I only bless a lot after having given birth (pretty much the same as with my first), then after it stopped I haven't had a period (aside from the spotting). Then again, I didn't get my period again until a year later after my first.

I'm kind of hoping for this crap to get out of my system sooner than later. This meat jacket I'm wearing, the crazy hormonal brain, headaches, and the possibility of screwing up my reproductive abilities, ... Not worth it.
  • shadylaneshadylane
    Its wearing off, I always start spotting when its almost time for my shot. Since u only had one it shouldn't take too long to totally wear off. The hair falling out is just from giving birth, mine fell out for like a year after.
    ~slim shady~
  • AKimiBAKimiB
    @shadylane whew! Good!
    This crap needs to wear out! Lol
    As far as the hair, I swear I pulled a baby wookie from my brush. Ha! It was gross...