my dss (5) refuses to wipe his butt
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    My dss will not wipe his butt and gets shit all over the bathroom and then stinks. His dad and i make him bathe every time he does it which starts a monster tantrum and hiding under the bed. We have drag him out strip him and throw his butt in the tub.. I am so tired of my house smelling like shit.. Im ready to put him in diapers.. Hes been potty trained since he was 18 months old.
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • NinLee
    My son wouldn't wipe his own butt after pooping when he was younger - used to drive me insane. Nothing I did would get him to do it himself. Eventually DH stepped up and had a chat with him and showed him a different way to "sit" on the toilet and he hasn't looked back. It all came down to him having a "fear" of not wiping properly and having poop stuck on his bum for the rest of the day.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    My ds is very short statured and wasnt potty trained till 4 and he did it all on his own. He wipes and the only problem i have wirh him is he pees on the toilet seat..
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Yes and found out they clog our toilet and only my ds ysed them this kid flat out refuses but has no issue picking at his dirty bung hole abd chewing on his fingers.. Im afraid hes going to get ecoli or something..
  • AnonUser23
    We keep the flushable wipes next to the toilet. Sometimes if it's a messy poop they will yell for me to wipe their asses. Honestly I don't mind. I would rather do it if the alternative is a shitty asshole.
  • AnonholeMomAnonholeMom
    So funny that I'm reading this after having to buy underwear for my 6 year old daughter and make her change her poopy-didn't-wipe drawers in the bathroom at Toys R Us just 2 hours ago.  This is an issue for me, too, and I don't know the solution.

I think she's too busy playing or watching her shows to take the time to wipe her butt.  This summer it was peeing her pants rather than coming into the house for a bathroom break, because she didn't want to tell her friends, "Hang on!  Be right back!"

She's totally in control of herself because she doesn't do it in school.  Just here at home.  *sigh*  At this point I'm thinking it's a childhood thing and she'll have to outgrow it.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Ahh peeing outside thats one thing i love about boys just had to keep reminding them to do it in the back yard.. ;)
  • wintermom0208wintermom0208
    My oldest DD is 9 and I STILL have issues with her wiping her butt properly/at all. I will go into the bathroom and still have her BM in the toilet with no toilet paper. While doing her laundry I will find multiple poo streaked undies.

I have flushable wipes in the bathroom.

I show her how to wipe.

I told her that she would keep getting a sore bum if she didn't wipe.

I even told her that she would smell like poop if she didn't wipe properly.

NOTHING is helping.

I'd like to see what others suggest too.....
  • chaosmomchaosmom
    The only thing I have done is to give them the tp/flushable wipe & tell them to try. Then I follow up to make sure it is clean. It has seriously cut down on skid marks!

And when ds6 gets in one of his moods where he doesn't want to wipe at all, I just make him bend over & wipe for him. Better that than a sore butthole.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    He refuses help as well.. Ugh just keep throwing him in the bath...
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Yes everytime.. His dad does at least.. Still he slips by..
  • Samantha
    My DD10 hates to wipe and to wash her parts when she's in the shower.  The best thing I have found (and please tell me if this is awful) is telling her that if she doesn't keep it clean she's going to get an infection and then she'll have to go to the doctor where they will LOOK at her BUTTCRACK.  Works every time!
  • mommyfabulous
    My DS 5 has trouble with it as well. So- whenever he's done, he yells, "I pooped", and either mom or dad come and help him wipe. We use wipes. I would rather have him clean, the bathroom semi-clean, than a stinky gross mess. 
    He's had 'poopy problems' since birth, so I'm just glad he poops at all! I don't mind helping him out. He's only pooped once at school b/c he just wants to do it at home. 
    Are these kids really going to grow up to be the well adjusted adults we are??? Heh, heh, heh!
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Lol well unles theres a serious problem most people eventually learn to wioe there asses but men never learn to aim.. Every male in this house is to lazy to lift the seat and all pee on it... Ugh my kid will lift tge seat and pee all over the back of the toilet. Ugh i hate bathrooms...
  • justheatherjustheather
    Mine have just turned seven, and still seem to have trouble with this....*SIGH*
  • CalliopemarieCalliopemarie
    I still have a rough time with my Ds8
  • Still_ur_mommy
    I know when mine hasn't wiped because he complains of a butt rash. I look and it is all red and I have to put diaper rash cream on it. Baby wipes and I always ask him after he goes. My little guy also wipes his penis after he pees. DH thinks its weird but my opinion is keep up with the habit. Wipe every time you go, no matter what it is.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Thats my creedo too @still_your_mommy
  • GypsyMamaGypsyMama
    Ah thanks for the memories ladies lol. DD went through a phase in elementary where wiping went low on her priority list. I still don't know what caused her to change but she eventually (by tween years) got it mastered. It was gross. ExH was fit to be tied. I started making her do her own laundry because it was grossing me out. Wish I would have thought about the doctor viewing her buttcrack scenario. Please post if you find a solution. I don't even have twenty/twenty