my house is dangerous
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    We are down 2 heaters and the heater main is shut off in the front of the house.. One the fan is burned out the other wont shut off.. Only 2 heater in the bavk of the house work... I cant wait to move
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    well behaved women seldom make history
  • AnonUser28

I don't know if the rules differ from place to place, but if you rent, you are able to call on a repairman yourself and then charge it to the landlord/owner

I would contact your local rental board to find out exactly what you can do! I hope you have lots of blankets for tonight!

>:D<
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    We rent... My bf accidently put a hole in the wall and the kids have sharpied half the walls so he doesnt want the landlord to see it.. But now im putting my foot down.. Theres been a huge number of fires here recently so im paranoid..
  • AloneOverseasAloneOverseas
    That's something that sux about living in New Zealand. Houses are not required to have heat. So glad we no longer rent! Hope you are able to get your situation fixed, @meandmy243.
    I love purple; I love cats. Imagine if cats were purple ...
    The whole country. The only requirement is that there are electrical outlets so you can go out and buy a space heater and plug it in. Lol. Or some use small gas heaters (can you say fire hazard??). Many still use pot belly stoves and wood burners. We had central heating installed in our house down south. Damned expensive to run. Up north we put in a heat pump (it's an air conditioner that also produces heat) and have double glazed windows. Can still get cold in some rooms in the winter.
    Lol ... Ya, the country is a bit behind the times in some respects.
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    I now take new zealand of my places to live... Lol but seriously my bf has lived here for two years.. I have spent the last 7 months repairing shit his crazy exgirlfriend/roomate did to the house... Seriously paint on wood floors with finger nail polish.. Extieror house paint on windows.. Wtf.. Thats only 2 of the 100s of things ive fixed or repared..