Bleeding while pregnant?
  • alanne2alanne2
    So I am 8 weeks going on 9 weeks pregnant with #2. I have been bleeding for a couple days now. It all started after me and DH had sex. There was bright red blood afterwards. Freaked me out alot. Did some looking online and most said was normal. But for me I called the Dr. the next day anyways. She said it was normal as long as it was not getting worse. Okay put my mind at ease some. Well yesterday there was dark red discharge coming out. Still worried I called the Dr. again. He said just to take it easy and go in on Monday to see my Dr. Well this morning as I was in the bathroom going #2 there was a glob of dark red blood. I am very worried that something bad is going to come out of this and really don't want to wait until Monday but don't want to sit in the er for hours on end. I had no problems with my son thats why I am worried right now. 
    Has anyone ever experienced this and am I over reacting about it?
  • ProudPalsyMamma
    I would go to the ER.... Are you having crampy feelings or pain??
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    Call your doctor, most have a way to contact them in the case of an emergency (usually they give you a pager number or an answering service gets your message to them) and let them know you're headed to the ER.

Better to be safe than sorry, right?
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • alanne2alanne2
    I have talked to them the last 2 days so I know if I need to call I can. Not really any crampy feelings. Just the normal growing pains. I am trying not to worry and will go to the dr tomorrow.
  • GlitterQueen GlitterQueen
    if your pregnant and go to the er they won't make you wait...
    Hey whatever you are comfortable with! :-) I hope it's nothing serious and you and the babe get a clean bill of health tomorrow!

Let us know how it goes.

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
    @glitterqueen
     They get you to a bed quickly! I went in to be checked after we got into a fender bender and they processed me and had me in a triage bed in Labor and Delivery talking to a nurse in 20 minutes. I was impressed. Much quicker then when I was writhing in pain from pancreaitis...

• ProudPalsyMamma

I would go like @GlitterQueen said they will see you right away

• Macinmaya
    I bled quite a bit with my current and last pregnancy around the 2nd and 3rd month... Like an insane amount.
  • theoutcast
    I would go to the er. If you don't you're just going to worry and what's a few hours for peace of mind? Hope everything is ok.
  • @alanne2 - I know it sounds horrible, but lay down and don't worry about the ER. Unless the bleeding becomes VERY heavy. There's nothing they can do. I've lost 7 babies. Bleeding was NOT my first symptom. Just want to throw that out there.
  • GingersnapGingersnap
    I had some bleeding off and on for two weeks around the 7 to 8 week mark. Xander is playing in the living room.
    “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • canadamom
    I bled some with my son.  I went right away to check it out and was told that it could take a few days to know if anything"bad" was going to happen and no way to stop it at that stage if I was going to miscarry.

I spent 2 days on bed rest and then decided that if I was going to miscarry, there was nothing I could do about it.

Read later that it can be sign of the death of a twin - my exH's dad was an identical twin so twins were a possibility.  I am thankful there was only ONE of my son, cause two of him would have sent  me to the funny farm.

Some women spot/bleed all the way though, so it doesn't mean anything bad is going on.  Try to rest and maybe avoid deep penetrative sex for awhile.  
    @};- @};-
  • KATANON
    I had similar bleeding with my daughter at around the same time.  Over a weekend no-less.  Went in Monday to be checked and all was fine.  Let us know and we'll definitely be thinking of you.  
  • vmom
    I also had bleeding around my 9th-10th week and can understand your worry.  I freaked out and cried all weekend until I got to the Dr on Monday. After at first being told I was miscarrying and sent for an ultrasound. It ended up being a subchorionic hemorrhage. (I was never so happy to be hemorrhaging) It's basically a gathering of blood between the placenta and the uterus and relatively common.  I was put on bedrest for a few weeks and told not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. (I will also admit that I MILKED that bedrest requirement and was waited on like a princess from my DH) But I did bleed for about a week more and it was stressful since you don't think it's supposed to happen but it's just the blood pushing out as the baby grows.   My baby was born very healthy and 9.5 lbs.  
    Best of luck to you Mama to be and don't worry too much. ♥

• alanne2alanne2
    Thank you everyone. I will keep y'all updated once I get to the dr.
  • scotiamama
    With my first I had bleeding around 6 weeks that lasted for about a month. Same thing with #2.
    >:D< I know how stressful it is. Try to relax and not worry too much
  • LifeofchaosLifeofchaos
    I bled w my 2nd pg week 7-9. I dreaded checking the toilet paper everytime I wiped. Had an ultrasound around the 8th week and everything was just fine. I know how scary it is but my dd is now 2. Just another anomaly to make us stress
  • alanne2alanne2
    So went to the dr today. She said it looks like it is just old blood but had me go do another ultra sound. There was a baby in there but she couldn't find a heart beat. I am trying not to worry about this and pray everything is going to be fine. I don't know what to think about this and hope the dr calls soon to tell me something.
  • LifeofchaosLifeofchaos
    I
  • LifeofchaosLifeofchaos
    @alanne2 I've been thinking about you. Sending prayers your way. Please keep us posted
  • ProudPalsyMamma
    Praying for you!
  • NinLee
    Keeping you in my prayers

• >:D<
  • alanne2alanne2
    Well went back to the dr today because I was cramping. The results from yesterday's ultra sound and no heart beat mean I have lost the baby. Going in tomorrow for a D &C. I am so sad that this has happened but something hasn't felt right from the beginning and I know everything happens for a reason it's just this reason suck!
  • LifeofchaosLifeofchaos
    Awwww I'm so sorry :(
  • NinLee
    I'm so sorry....:(

• GingersnapGingersnap
    I'm so sorry. We've been there too. If you want to talk, PM me.  >:D<

“The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ― Joseph Campbell
  • scotiamama
    >:D< so sorry hun :(