For the Baby Book: My First "I Hate You" Card!
  • AnonholeMomAnonholeMom
    Yelled at my DD6 to GO. DOWNSTAIRS. AND. FIND SOMETHING. TO. DO. 

10 minutes later she came upstairs with a homemade card for me.  Stick figure Mom with angry eyes and big mouth.  Stick figure kid with long hair and lots of tears. 

"This is you yelling at me to go downstairs," she says, all victim-like. 

I'm totally hanging it over my desk at work.
  • Mai
    =D> =))
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    ROCK ON!! 
    \m/
  • zenlibrarian
    =D> that is too funny
  • LA_PygmyHerderLA_PygmyHerder
    Ooooo and the guilt trips begin. You're not a good mama till they tell you you're mean! lol
  • Chevys_Mommy
    =))

• =)) Those are the best!!!!
    :o3<-----Did she look like that?
  • TypoFaeryTypoFaery
    LMAO one for the ages... and you get to drag it out when she has kids lolol

ETA: my hubs just told me he and his brother made a wanted poster for his mom!! She was unthrilled. I can just imagine what her face looked like! HA!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    well behaved women seldom make history
  • "you're mean. I'm not gonna be your friend." 4 years old...I got there earlier with this one!! :-))
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    This is VERY Scary Mommy  \m/

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • pileofbabies
    Fantastic.
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    Love it! I can only imagine what our little terrors will have to say in a few years!
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • CalliopemarieCalliopemarie
    I get "I don't lime you anymore!" From my dd5 and dd3
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    When can we see this card?!

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • GritsGrits
    From DD7, it's always..."You're so mean. It's not FAIR!!!" followed by an earthquake as she stomps thru the house and a giant door slam! With DD3, she just tries to guilt me with the "Mommy, why are you makin' me sad??" God Bless 'em for trying! LOL

I love the card...that's definitely frame-worthy!
    "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
  • canadamom
    Please save that card!!! 

Welcome to the real world of motherhood where your only doing a good job if they hate you once in a while!!  

@};-
  • sgrl2225
    I got my first official bad mommy picture this year too! My DD6 was mad at me so she drew a picture of me... similar to yours... stick figure (I wish) big mean eyes a jagged angry mouth covered with a giant X tapped to her door to notify me I wasnt allowed in her room. She no longer has a door :)
  • onetimeonetime
    DS broke his door off the hinges. We will NOT repair it. Sucks to be him, shouldn't have slammed the door so many times.
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • sgrl2225
    Maybe extreme but the behavior and the I hate yous that went with the picture have never reappeared. could be pure luck.
  • onetimeonetime
    @itgetsbetter, he's 9, its been off for 2 years. He's also got a lot more control over his temper now. :) We might replace it over the summer, but for now, it serves as a reminder.
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • canadamom
    I also took the door off for awhile with my DD - she was about 7 or 8.  She lost it for a week for slamming it when we sent her to her room and then opening and slamming it repeatedly!  My mom was mortified that we did that as I was also a door slammer when I was a kid and she just ignored it.

I have also at times emptied the rooms of everything except bed and clothes in a laundry basket - picture, dresser, bed frame, toys, books, music, art supplies etc - so you can see I have earned my mean mommy badge !
  • InsanityandChaosInsanityandChaos
    That is awesome, lol! The first time I got the manipulating little guilt trip was from my son who is now almost five, and I think this happened about a year ago. He rolled over and gave me his back at bedtime, wouldn't let me kiss him good night and said " I can't like you anymore".
  • JaneDoe
    GO MOM!!! When my oldest was in kindergarten she stood up during show and tell and said......

"My mommy is mean and she hates kids"

Sat down and, according to her teacher, "acted like this is how all mommies were"

I got a "can I talk to you" pulled to the corner and talked to stearnly. The whole time i am trying not to bust a gut laughing because I won! I got her to believe it! Now she is 16 she still tells people that, but if you ask her honestly she will tell you, "my mom really just hates other people's badly behaved children, but she is freaking mean"
  • shadylaneshadylane
    I never thought about getting hate cards, something to look forward to lol
    ~slim shady~