SLAP #149284
  • deviltwinsmommadeviltwinsmomma

okay i am this is my first post....

to the oc that slapped her dd for calling her a bitch all i can say is GOOD JOB.  I have a moody dd that is 9 so i totally know where you are coming from! You are a good momma don't feel bad! Kids need to be put in their place sometimes.. (((hugs))) to you OC

my mother used to sing me a song. It went like this: "Life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    When I was 14, I told my mother I hated her, she slapped me across the face & told me to NEVER say that again unless I meant it.
    I never said it again.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• unforgivenunforgiven
    I agree with @fourwinds

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • I slapped my daughter ONCE. She did more than call me a bitch. I got done on my knees and told in a heartbeat she never deserved to have another person lay hands on her. That was my biggest guilt filled mommy moment.

@firsttimemommy i was also horrible with my mother I was a straight up kid from hell and honestly i did deserve plenty of beatings but never got them. my mother had two jobs and was an absent parent and well as my father. they were there but never "there" as far as parenting goes.

i know every mother here wants the best for our babies and are trying our best with what we have and not make the same mistakes our mothers made ((( hugs))) to all

my mother used to sing me a song. It went like this: "Life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.
  • crazydayscrazydays
    My mom only ever hit me one time (that I remember) I was 16 and a HUGE bitch... she kept telling me to knock it off or she was going to smack me and I just kept screaming at her till she cracked me so hard right across the face. To be honest I kind of had more respect for her after that... and I knew when she told me to knock it off that I was pushing my limit and she meant business. I can't imagine hitting my kid BUT he is only a toddler and can't scream in my face or curse at me. I don't know if smacking her was "the right thing " persay but I think as long as you explain yourself and apologize she should be just fine. We all make mistakes and sometimes get super frusterated, I wouldn't beat yourself up too much momma :)
  • stinkersmommystinkersmommy
    Teenage TERROR here and the only time I ever got slapped I called my mom a bitchy old dried up cunt (Yup I was that nice) and I totally deserved it ! I think sometimes with teens it gets very difficult to get thru and that slap for a trashy comment is almost a needed reality check I haven't called my mom a bitch since and I am 32 and was 14 The lack of respect teens show now kills me and if it takes a slap to sink that respecting your elders is a non negotiable thing in this world so be it
    A normally it only takes one esp if you aren't a spanking household
  • My fear, when I hit my daughter, is that I would teach her if she was mouthy it was ok to get hit. I was in a physically abusive relationship, and often I was hit for being mouthy. So, when I did it I realized what it could do to her as a woman.

Yes, as a teen I was horrifying. But, all teens are.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    well behaved women seldom make history
  • AnonUser37
    I called my mother a dried up, ignorant back water, trailer trash bitch. I remember the exact words. She cracked me so hard it bruised. And I deserved it. I don't hate her. I'm not damaged. And I can assure you if my son ever says that to me, as a teen, I will absolutely slap him.

Then again, I don't believe slapping is always the wrong option. I don't believe you should 'never think its the right reaction'. Because sometimes, it is. Unfortunately, in today society, its not nice....so we don't do it. I assure you, I never spoke to another person that way again. Ever. In my entire life. And I can also assure you nothing else was going to shut me up.
  • Oh, and by the way, she never spoke to me again like that so it did work! I was explaining MY mommy guilt and the logic behind it.
    Cause I don't want my kid to be the one like I saw in Walmart telling some poor 80some old lady to get the fuck outta his way because she was walking too slow esp when he could have easily walked around. That disrespect makes my fucking blood totally boil and made me wanna smack the hell outta that kid and the parent who failed to teach him that basic level of respect
  • @stinkersmommy - I don't think that NOT slapping my daughter across the face again (please don't let me lose it like that again!!) is going to make her into THAT. I mean, I have raised her better than that. She may not be polite and respectful toward me, but she doesn't act up in public.
  • breezybreezy
    I called my Mom  a "Fuckin bitch" once... she chased me! I RAN! While running away, down the stairs, looking back over my shoulder my sister nailed me at the bottom. knocked me flat on my ass. Gave me a black eye. She said.. "Don't ever talk to My mom like that again." .... bitch. 
  • Ok, sister pop ya - absolutely! LOL totally different in my eyes for some reason.
    What. I am saying is I don't want my kid to ever act like that so I am and will continue to teach respecting your elders to my son I know it seems outdated but I was taught this and my friends and I could go out in public alone and not need a parent but now most major malls movie theaters etc have a parental requirement because of the basic lack of respect for others a lot of the teens have today (yes I know I am over generalizing) but honestly one smack for a smartass mouth isn't gonna hurt any one I'm willingly to admit now that it helped me I'm the long run
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    My mom slapped me once.  We had gotten into a massive blow up.  This was after I graduated from high school.  She called me a bitch.  I called her bitch.  Actually I think I told her she was BEING a bitch.  She slapped me.  I then slapped her.  Stormed out of the house.  Though I love my mom, we have never been close.  Or as close as she thinks we have been!  HA!  She remembers things differently.  Part of the reason we don't get along. 

Aside from that.....I believe you should have respect for your elders, the same way they should have respect for you.  I think respect as a whole is a lost art.  It's unfortunate.
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    I think it's a two way street really.  In order to receive respect you have to give it. The kid that told the 80 yo woman to get out of his fucking way probably would have said the same thing to someone his own age that had mobility issues.  Because he just has a total lack of respect period.  It's teaching respect for the human race as a whole.
  • AnonUser37
    No worries @four_winds I just think sometimes a teen needs a slap....and I do think as a society we are way too "nice" to teens.
    As you said, respect should be earned and I am not going to show respect to my teenage child speaking to me that way.....as teens they should know better, and honestly? I did. I deserved the sting both physically and the sting of humiliation. I know our opinions differ, but I'm just very old school about teens learning to respect their elders....
  • tampabaymom
    I'm sure I have the most unpopular opinion here, but ds14 has gotten back handed a few times, and I NEVER apologized, because I wasn't sorry and he deserved it - and he knew that!! Each time he has come to ME later and apologized for his words and said he deserved what he got. He's a good kid, but damn that mouth. I have no idea where he gets it from O:-) It started really early (like 8) so I'm hoping it ends early too.
  • @tampabaymom - you know what's funny? For some reason I find it perfectly acceptable to slap a male child. Like I said earlier, I was abused in a marriage and "took it" because he had me convinced that MY behavior made him hit me.

I'm also not in anyway saying that I think a slap is a bad thing for a kid, I just shared my experience with my daughter.....who wants to know what she said???
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    I wanna know!!
  • CalliopemarieCalliopemarie
    i refuse to let my kids act like the kids around here.  They have been taught from the beginning that you dont back talk adults.  my neighbors dd9 talks however she wants to who ever she wants.  alot of it has to do with inconsistent parenting or lax parenting.  I am hoping to move to a better area before my kids hit high school so they don't pick up too many bad habits
    oh and I wanna know what she said!!

@mammateeroll

i try not to.   I swear the kids in my building are horrible.  their parents let them get away with too much crap and they are mouthy and disrepectful of other peoples property.  they let their 5 yr old out to play with no adult supervision and she goes where ever she wants.  hell they let the 9 yr old take he 2 yr old brother outside without adult supervision.  they are allowed to stay up all night on school nights   Im about ready to report the one mother too cps as she has done crack in the house when the kids were asleep and shes already lost 3 kids to cps for doing crack

• Ok. None of you tagged me and I got distracted. Lol. So here's what she said with a little background. For those of you who don't know my oldest has some pretty serious health issue as a result of a congenital brain malformation. She was 13 when this happened and her little sister was getting tested for possible growth disorders.

We had told DD Tto go to bed she fought for an hour or more. Then she turned to me and said:

You fucked me up and now you fucked my little sister up too!!!
    @livinthedream  damn thats harsh!!!!!
  • Yep. And after an hour or so of her screaming horrible hurtful things at me I'd had enough and snapped. I apologized for hitting her, but we also talked about the fact that she couldn't say shit that.

I think at one point i said "if you come at me like a woman I'll treat you like one. Know that shit right now!!"
  • @livinthedream...dude...dont stress yourself babe.

You are a MOM. This kinda shit happens. 
    I was slapped as a kid for being a disrespectful asshat.....

If mine act liek this...I will damned sure do the same.

You people who are judging...get off it. It happens......when you have a teen daughter who is being a little shithead in your face and telling you what a jerk you are....

STOP JUDGING. 

• @monstermom a have a Xanax baby. I love you. No one disagreed a little slapping around. Ssshhhhh! Give it longer. I love you!! ;)
  • I'm not judging by any means, but I do disagree with slapping a child under any circumstances. I can't say what I would or would do if the kid was in my face, however. I don't like people talking bad to me directly in my face, it brings up some weird defense mechanism. My kid has called me a bitch before. He was grounded and that was the end of the story. He has never done it again.
  • I was just sayin...for future...BUAHAHHAA
  • @momstermom - almost perfect timing!!

@mommyoutcast - can I ask how old your son is?
  • Fuckin almost...man I suck asshat cock.
  • @livingthedream he's almost 11 now and he has a mouth from hell! 
  • Give it time. And, be careful when you say you'd never do something. I swore up and down I'd never my daughter - and I snapped. The fun is just beginning. And at 11 he's called you a bitch. **Ugh**** my sympathy!! @mommyoutcast
  • chaosmomchaosmom
    My boys have already been told that if they come at me like a "man", then they better deal with the consequences as a man because I will knock them the fuck out! I also teach them on a daily basis, you don't pick on anyone smaller than you & you always respect if you want to get respect. I don't believe that respect has to be earned in the beginning. I do believe that you have to deserve that respect in order to keep it.

My mom slapped me one time. She was talking shit about SO because she didn't think he was being a good enough father. Honestly, we were young & learning. But she said I was being stupid for sticking up for him. I came back with, well at least I didn't run my child's father away by being such a controlling, evil bitch like you! And that's when she slapped me :-/ I moved out that night & we didn't talk for about 8 months. (For the record, I have never met my sperm donor. He took off when he found out she was pregnant)
  • lifeisgood
    OC- You're human and the fact that you feel badly enough to confess it makes me believe this is not a regular issue in your house. I have 3 kids...I've slapped each one of them in the face ONE time for that specific infraction. My oldest is 20 ..he clearly remembers getting his face slap and doesn't hate me.  He says he thinks it made him respect me more. Girls can be just as mean...maybe meaner than boys...and I won't tolerate verbal abuse from either gender of teenager in my house. Other than that I agree with @MammaTeeRoll on the rest.  You may feel horrible and it probably will not happen again at your house either so I wish you well ((hugs))...AND YES...I don't care what anyone says...boys and girls are teenagers at 9 years old alot of the time!!  
  • Mai
    Lol @breezy your story made me laugh so loud!
    My mom popped me when I deserved it. The ones that stick out the most are when I was about 9ish, she was smoking in the bathroom and I was going potty. She sat her cigarette down on the edge of the sink and stepped out for a minute and I leaned over and tried to take a drag. Of course I got the filter all wet and when she came back in and took another drag, she felt the wet tip and I'm sure saw the look on my face and slapped me. Didn't even say anything to me about it. Just reached over and smacked my mouth.

The second one is when I was about 12-13. My middle sister was cleaning the bathroom floor and I purposely left the towel cupboard open. I was just seeing if she would hit-or-miss it when she stood up. Well, she hit it and the corner of the door cut her in the back. She dropped to the ground and started crying and I started laughing so I got hit for that.
  • Glossitits
    OC here. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. And the scary stories of your own. I grew up in an abusive and neglectful environment, but only part time, w mom & stepdad. The rest of the time was w loving gparents and dad, who was averse to anything resembling violence. Never once raised his voice to us, and my sisters were hell on fire as teens. Not moi, of course. But that's a whole other talk show:)
    I, too, am appalled at the way I see kids today gettin' over on their elders. It just wasn't done when I was growing up. And I am only in my 40s, lol. Tv has a huge hold on our families; seems like everyone around me is acting like they're on the same reality show or hoping to get on one, with their nasty behavior. "Really?" "Seriously?" Enough mimicry already.. Ours is a secular household, but we do not watch tv here, primarily bc there is nothing worthwhile on tv (now that our kids are too old for PBSKids).
    Anyway, DD10 has been much more thoughtful and kind lately, as if she's afraid I'm gonna blow, or bc she knows she blew it in the first place, I can't tell which. Hardly matters, though. We both apologized and are working harder at being the better person. But, seriously, worse night of my life...
    @glossitis I am so happy to hear that you and your dd are doing well.(((hugs))) to you!!
  • @Lark - yeah. I wonder the same thing....I honestly think that word "never" should be banned for parental vocabulary because it just invites trouble!
  • Thanks for that tidbit of insight @mynabird..... #:-S
  • AnonUser24
    I can almost guarantee that I will end up slapping my dd at some point. And I will hate myself for it. But she is so feisty and I have no patience combined with a bad temper. I will try my damndest not to, but I can see it happening. I will probably bawl and beg her forgiveness. Aaah its stressing me out just thinking about it lol.
  • shadylaneshadylane
    Respect should automatically be given until there's a reason not to be imo. Everyone deserves respect until they don't. When a kid gets out in the real world and calls somebody a bitch they're probably going to get punched in the face not slapped so u better teach them what to expect. Jmo
    ~slim shady~