• unforgivenunforgiven
    #149550: When no one is home, I do not sort the laundry. I just dump it all in, wash it and dry it that way. SO much faster!

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! 

I'm supposed to sort the laundry?!?! 
    :O oopsie.

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • Peace
    Back up.
    When no one's home, I'm supposed to do laundry?!?
    Oh, crap. (:|
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    =)) For some reason the little yawning face made it funnier.

confessional-manager

• fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    Besides, I thought separating the colours from the whites was, you know, illegal.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • Wait...I"m with @unforgiven here SORT?? For what?????
    :|

And...@Peace when no one is home I thought we were supposed to masturbate and sleep - and watch TV that doesn't sing songs at us??
    :-O
  • AnonUser23
    My dh is a laundry nazi so yeah, when he's not home it all goes in at once! Except for newer clothes that are prink,red etc. I do remember to sort those.
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    Laundry???  What is this laundry of which y'all speak of???
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    You ladies are freaking hilarious  =))

confessional-manager

• i_am_a_thunderbirdi_am_a_thunderbird
    I don't sort anything anymore. It all goes in, as is.

Of course, I no longer buy anything white for myself, DS3 or DH, since we're incapable of keeping anything light coloured clean for more than two seconds.

So yeah.
  • I'm an advocate of individual reproductive rights  - so I am letting my laundry breed.
  • mommydeliriousmommydelirious
    I wash cold water only so... No sorting!
    Photobucket
  • tampabaymom

I never sort any of my laundry except towels wich I wash in hot water, the rest get washed in cold all together, whites, lights, darks, colored all thrown in at once.  But I do laundry for 6 people, so if I spent time sorting it would take twice the time.  I already do at least two loads a day as it is.

• breezybreezy
    You ladies crack me up! But Seriously.... When no one is home? You get time enough for a full load of laundy with an empty house? Jealous!
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    Wait, it's possible to be home alone???
    I sort out or whites because dh has dress shirts for work
  • Dress shirts = cleaner. I don't iron, press, or worry about WHAT goes on between my clothes and the washer or dryer. That is my laundries "private time"
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    "This shirt is dry clean only, which means it is dirty."

confessional-manager

• shouldcleanshouldclean
    @LivinTheDream I just do them myself because I end up washing some anyways because my husband is always changing his schedule and not telling me. For example he normally goes to work for 1 on Thursdays, last night at 10:30 do I have clean shirts I have to go to work for 8am...you knew this when?
  • See, I bought him like 10 dress shirts. Drop them off once a week. And...if you don't tell me you iron it. I don't do ironing. Seriously.....
  • AnonUser23
    Oh I forgot I do sort my bath towels. I only buy white towels so I can bleach them. Dh does dry his ball off with those so I like them super clean.
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    @LivinTheDream he can iron them himself! That is about what we have but I have up the cleaners because dh works monday, tuesday, thursday, friday, saturday, and must sundays. He keeps changing his schedule so I just gave up trying to keep track. This morning he actually tools me he needs to wake up at 7:30 out he will lose his job. No kidding why do you think I scream at you to get out of bed every morning! (sorry)
  • runbitchrunrunbitchrun
    @handtowellady I only buy white towels too, for same reason. Ball stink sticks... gotta bleach it out!
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    I sort mine unless there is only on load. But I was in cold only.
  • @shouldclean - he can iron but not do laundry. I'd rather do laundry than iron....

He will throw in 2 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of underwear and a couple of shirt. IT IT A FRONT LOAD washer - load that shit in there!!!!
  • shouldcleanshouldclean
    lol my husband shrinks everything he is not allowed to touch the washer or dryer :) Actually I am ahmed that my husband has survived for 34 years, he can barely boil water. Don't get me wrong though, I love him to pieces and he is good for a few things :) And, I am so not a fan of ironing
  • Boriquamami75Boriquamami75
    I'm dying here!!!  This has to be one of the BEST threads today!!! 
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    My husband folds and irons better than I. :\">

confessional-manager

• @Boariquamami75 - It's early.
    :D
  • NurseMom
    If I spend the time to sort, I run out of time to actually DO the laundry. Kudos to you for getting it done.
  • Oh I forgot I do sort my bath towels. I only buy white towels so I can bleach them. Dh does dry his ball off with those so I like them super clean.

@handtowellady - I hope you bleach them!!
    ;)
  • SammieSammie
    I used to sort my laundry, send all my Nordstrom clothes to the dry cleaner and pay someone to do the rest. That's when I was in college.

Now, I can't even keep up and everything I own has some sort of food or art project glopped onto it within 4.5 minutes of putting it on. So fuck it. I throw it all in together and load it up on my bed once it's out of the dryer then I fold it after the tot is in bed for the night while I watch Hulu. I do DH's work clothes separately because he has to dress up for work and those clothes have to be treated a bit more gently. Thinking I'm going to start taking them to the cleaners though...

community-manager

• wickedmommywickedmommy
    Sorting?! I think the only sorting I do is make sure I leave my shirts to wash separate since I don't want them shrinking in the dryer.

and as for ironing....I don't think I've ironed since I found the downy wrinkle release spray. Love that junk
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    Okay....I am now getting the idea of this "laundry" thing!  HA!  Just kidding!

I sort between son's, husband's, towels, whites, mine.  That way when I fold them everything in that load goes to the same area.
  • IAmAMess
    I think I'm the worst! I don't sort, i use hot water, don't iron and leave it all in piles for weeks! I learned something today though! Thanks to you ladies I'm gonna start using cold water!
  • anonymommy
    I keep a divided hamper in the laundry room.  I'm too anal to lump it all in together, even though I do most of it in cold water.  I do our work clothes separately in the gentle cycle.  I used to be all over the ironing, but lately have been slacking.  DH won't iron his work clothes so if I don't do it, he goes wrinkly.  He's been wrinkly for 2 weeks now. 
  • mamabish
    I never sort laundry. Just dump it all in on cold! I do miene and the kid'. DH has a seperate closet with his own hamper, so he does his. And I refuse to pick up the iron! It will just be wrinkled again in a few minutes of wear :P
  • mamabish
    Oops, sorry about the typos!
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    Some of you have mentioned separate hampers...that's the only reason ours is sorted.  We have four -- son, husband, whites and mine.  Towels go on the floor.
  • CinnaCinna
    The only thing I sort is the whites. Cause I can't stand dingy whites...the horror :-SS
    Two hearts! Oh baby I'm beating out a samba!
  • etherieletheriel
    You guys make me feel so anal retentive about my sorted laundry. Then again...my kids are old enough to throw their dirty clothes into the correct section of the divided hamper. If it's not in the hamper though, it doesn't get washed which is why my DD13 never has any clean socks, underwear, or jeans. Not my fault.
    If I'm not supposed to do it, how come I can?
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Humm laundry in my house triples by the hour.. I wash everything in cold and i dont bleach anything...
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • stinkersmommystinkersmommy
    Slightly off topic but please tell me I am not the only one who forgets a load in the washer and has to rewash them ? :P
  • dasnax
    Stinkersmommy I often think I am ahead of the game only to find a stinking load of days old laundry in the machine.
  • SammieSammie

Slightly off topic but please tell me I am not the only one who forgets a load in the washer and has to rewash them ? :P

Thank you for this! Happens to me more than I'd like to admit.

community-manager

I always seem to forget either the last load on laundry day or some random load that I threw in before we left the house I don't know why!8
  • AnonUser24

My husband folds and irons better than I. :\">

Mine too @unforgiven

I don't sort at all either. Other than Ty's work clothes get washed separately as he is a heavy duty mechanic and they get dirty! And he washes those!

@freedomlover if you don't already know that super purple cleaner degreaser at dollar stores are great for oily greasy clothes! I use it on dh work clothes (oil rig tech)
  • AnonUser24
    Oooooh thanks for the tip @stinkersmommy :) I didn't know that!
    It's cheap as crap I use the same amount of it with detergent and it gets most of the crud out and this was actually my dh's idea from back when he was a HDD mechanic so I guess I 'll give him credit
  • forkinthehead
    My SO does laundry like that. In all honesty I can't tell the difference, I'm a sorter....cause that's the way I have always done it. If I want help, I don't bitch....there's more than one way to skin a cat. As long as it gets done I don't care about the how, what, where or why.
  • NinLee
    Besides, I thought separating the colours from the whites was, you know, illegal.

ROFL! 
    No separation here! They all get along really well, except for the towels - they don't play nice and fluff everything up, so they are banished to a load of their own...
  • momx4momx4
    I'm a sorter. Total sorter. I'm a bleacher too. Lots of bleach.