Mustaches?!!
  • lawschoolmommylawschoolmommy
    WHY are mustaches so popular right now?  And I don't mean ACTUAL mustaches.  I mean in pop culture.  Mustache coffee mugs.  Mustache jewelry.  Stores with "Mustache" in the title.  People LOLing over images that say "I [image of mustache] U A ?"  So what is the deal?  Why are mustaches so popular?  What got this started?  What am I missing?
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    I have NO idea! Lol

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    I only know the Movember thing...

WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• CrashCrash
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
    LoL... @Curious... I saw the first pic & my only thought was "dirty sanchez"
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b

• LA_PygmyHerderLA_PygmyHerder
    Um... because pop culture is all about lame jokes???
  • ktsmamaktsmama
    @MammaTeeRoll - LMAO!! I thought I was the only one who didn't get this! And can I add that I'm not a fan?!?!
  • DemandaDemanda
    I thought it was the Movember thing too... Also, and I know this only applies to Canada, but the mustache was the logo of Jack Layton's last campaign and it was all over the damn place then.  (Well, where I live- it's a rather large country and I shouldn't speak for all of it.)
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • ameier23
    Pringles... LOL. I have no idea though, just the zeitgeist I guess. Things come and go. Mustache tattoos on fingers were pretty big a few years back. 
  • [Deleted User]
    I don't know about you guys, but I get giddy when I see a fake mustache machine.
    I like to put 'em on in the car and stare at people at stop lights.
    Get me a damn beer.

I don't know about you guys, but I get giddy when I see a fake mustache machine.

Lmaoooooooooo

WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b

• AnonMomAnonMom

Of course you do @notsohotmomma!!  I wanna check ya out at a light with your fake 'stache!!  You hottie you!!
  • AnonUser34
    I've been wondering the same thing :-? Seems dumb to me although I do like the coffee cups there kinda cute!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Ooh wee, @AnonMom! I'll even let ya touch it! ;)
    Get me a damn beer.
  • forkinthehead
    I've never been a fan of moustaches on men or women. A beard and moustache ok, just a moustache...yuck. Nothing but a booger catcher.
  • unforgivenunforgiven

the pringle potato chip company trying to brainwash everyone?

I never thought if that!!
    =))

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • [Deleted User]
    My husband's uncle calls it his "Flavor Saver" lol! Grooooss.
    Get me a damn beer.
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    WOOHOO!!  I get to touch @notsohotmomma's 'stache!!

My husband has a flavor savor....I kinda like it.  I will not let him get rid of his 'stache and goatee.  He looks like one bad ass mother fucker with it (and is).  Without it he looks like Super Geek (but is really a bad ass mother fucker).
  • [Deleted User]
    Giggity! Now we need to see this BAMFy stache, @AnonMom!
    My husband has a goatee, too. Once it gets past the stubbly stage and starts to look Amishy he shaves it and looks like a prepubescent boy again..lol
    Get me a damn beer.
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    I just posted in the SO thread @notsohotmomma.
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    His is more ZZ Top though.
  • TrkrsWfe

lol

My kids love them stache stuff. DD9 has earrings.

When I call for her to do a chore she puts her finger under her nose (mustache) and it makes her a total stranger so I "cant" ask her to do the chore.

• SpringSpring
    I like the coffee cups. And the straws. We just went to a four year-old's b-day party and they all had the straws. One of my friends, (who is almost 30) got a tattoo on her finger for the finger mustache after we all did it at a going away party as a joke. One of our other friends stared at her blankly when she was showing it off and said, you know that's permanent, right? Oh well. Not my finger.
    "Sometimes I question my sanity. Sometimes it replies."
  • MarySunshineMarySunshine
    I blame hipsters.
    "I don't poop. I create magic."- ABC

I'm as sexy as a burp mid-kiss. Watch out!

For every loser there's one that has to win. So bite your tongue, grit your teeth and grin...
  • joynfreedom
    Damn hipsters! I guess every generation needs something to roll their eyes at their folks about. I'm sooo out of the loop
  • joynfreedom
    TrkrsWfe said:

lol

My kids love them stache stuff. DD9 has earrings.

When I call for her to do a chore she puts her finger under her nose (mustache) and it makes her a total stranger so I "cant" ask her to do the chore.

LOL That so clever!
  • joynfreedom

BAHAHAHAHA
  • AloneOverseasAloneOverseas
    That trend has not hit this side of the world yet, thank goodness!!
    I love purple; I love cats. Imagine if cats were purple ...
    I didn't know there was such a thing as a fake mustache machine...
  • jfletch1719
    I saw a SECOND BIRTHDAY party theme that is mustaches. Ummm......WHAT?!?!?
  • [Deleted User]
    Oh, there IS such a thing, @lawschoolmommy!

The proof is in the stache:

http://instagr.am/p/H2lcQaCYSa/
    Get me a damn beer.
    crazy!!
  • whatevstache

The fascination with mustaches comes from the rising popularity in a subculture called Steampunk, which is science-fiction based off of the Victorian era. Mustaches became popular in the 19th century - the Victorian era- so people associate them to Steampunk and for men they are often used to convey a character. As far as pop culture goes, I supposed they just thought it was aesthetic, and it's easy to goof of and have fun with it.

• MomToAnOnly
    My hubs has a 'stache and I will not let him shave it off. It's just him and his face does not look right without it.
  • pdxmama
    @notsohotmomma that's the nicest lady 'stache I've seen in a long time!
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    I think Mr Potatohead is behind it all. He is the Napoleon of crime.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • TatyanaNoAli

I think I can bring some justice to the question, im 14 and I have also wondered why Mustaches have become so popular. I think its a phase, When I was 13 I went through a phase of loving mustaches because I just thought it would make me fit in or make me become a part of the crowd. But I slowly grew out of it, and as for the 'I Mustache you a question' , its a joke the mustache is supposed to replace the words 'must ask' in the the joke.

• Mommyliciousx4Mommyliciousx4
    I wish we could upload pix from our phones. I have a cute mustache one.
  • etherieletheriel
    I just saw mustache duct tape at Walmart tonight. DD12 is obsessed with duct tape crafting and was dying to get some.
    If I'm not supposed to do it, how come I can?
  • honeymomma
    our local glass factory has a staff member obsessed with moustache glasses... It's really odd and every time we take a tour (my DS-- don't ask) it freaks me out more...
  • AnonUser27
    So there are two people who made accounts just to comment on this thread? A thread about mustaches. Not all the controversial stuff, but mustaches.
  • KiinuKiinu
    @MassHysteria Mustaches are VRY SRS BIZNSS!! Lol

My sister loves them, and we bought a bunch of fake ones to put on the kids... they weren't amused.
  • AnonUser27
    I guess they are @Kiinu!!
  • regpregp

YESSSS!! Our favorite restaurant ha a mustache machine. Everyone gets one and we wear them home! lol

I have lots of pics, if y'all want to see them!
    I did draw the line when my DD11 told me she wants a mustache tattoo on her finger. I told her in no uncertain terms that she would not be getting one and in 7 years she would not even want one.

The only thing saving you from me is Jesus.
  • regpregp
    The only thing saving you from me is Jesus.
  • Lmao @regp! Love it!
    @honeymomma, I bought my SIL's husband some rocks glasses with mustaches on them for Christmas. Looks like you have a mustache when you take a swig :p
    Get me a damn beer.
  • KiinuKiinu
    @Regp that's freaking awesome!! lol they're so cute!
  • punkpirate186
    Actually the origin isn't as innocent as the hipsters have made it seem. In the homosexual community, a straight man who is bi-curious is referred to as a mustache because its a disguise. So a straight/bi-curious man who wanted to experiment would wear a "mustache" somewhere on his person to let others know he was interested.