Nasty House Pictures
  • [Deleted User]
    (153662): Your house is disgusting. Neither you or your man work, you just sit on your asses living off the state. You'd think you had time to clean... Stop posting pictures of your nastiness. It just makes you look like trash to us.
    Like (6)Hug (3)OMG, Me Too! (6)

I'm SO feeling this OC. I see it all the time and it grosses me out. My house isn't perfect, but I always make sure the mess isn't visible or I'll run a quick vacuum. Something so that the mess isn't visible.

What double grosses me out is when you can see that the disgusting carpet and mess is just part of every day life. Yuck!! I want to call the state sometimes. Poor kids!!
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie

I know when you have kids, things can get cluttered... but dirty & cluttered are 2 different things.
    And if you are home all day and so is your man... Ummm seriously?... No one can clean?
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• [Deleted User]
    Oh yeah cooking surfaces!! Clean that UP and sterilize it!!

And yeah, if people are totally not working I don't get it either???
  • Mai
    Afreakingmen! Fuck! That's gross!
  • SchweddyBallsSchweddyBalls
    I think is the state PAYS ur rent.....it should be MANDATED you keep ur shit clean!!!!!!
    I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, UNTIL you fuck with me or the betches I love.......
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    Totally agree with all of the above.  For real people.  A little effort makes a BIG difference.  Get off your happy ass every once in a while and get it done.  And if kids are living in that filth....a crying shame.  I would call social services myself.

@SchweddyBalls has the right idea with having mandated clean houses for receiving public assistance for rent.
  • [Deleted User]
    Especially because landlords in nice places don't like section 8 renters - that would help them get into a nicer place!! Yuck.
  • forkinthehead
    Unfortunately you can't pick your neighbors. I was a lawn nazi, the house across the street from me housed a married couple that were developmentally disabled with two small children. The home they were living in belonged to a relative of theirs. Drove me nuts. The rest of us kept up our properties and to have this housr stand out like a sore thumb would irritate the snot out of the rest of us.

Part of the problem is that this couple didn't own a lawnmower, one wasn't provided for them and the relative never came to mow the yard and did not provide a lawn service. I offered them the use of my mower and then I got it. The guy couldn't pull the zipcord to start it. He apologised and I felt like shit. His yard looking like hell bothered him too, he didn't have the money for even a used mower and didn't have the strength to start one. So we made a deal that day. I would provide the mower, start it and he would cut his own grass. I would stick by and help him. Was a win win situation I got a better site to see across the street and he was given a sense of accomplishment. After that he got into growing a vegetable garden. Pretty much weed free and grew some of the best cauliflower I have ever eaten.

This was more of a specialized circumstance. Wasn't so much about the neighbors being lazy. Was more about not having the money or the know how. Some folks just need a hand is all.
  • onetimeonetime
    What I find disgusting are gross Kitchens and gross bathrooms. IMO they should be clean, you eat there and clean yourself there. If your bathroom isn't clean, how can YOU be clean, KWIM?
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • anotheranonanotheranon
    @forkinthehead I actually got a tear in my eye reading that... I wish more neighbors were like you!

There's a certain house I hate walking into. My kids love going there, and the people are awesome, really kind friends but their house is gross!! The smell of animals, cats on the counters while they're cooking, just turns my stomach 
    :-&
  • [Deleted User]
    @anotheranon, I can't stand the gross animal stench! It's not like their animals smell, which I expect because they're animals, but it's the smell of shit and piss that hasn't been cleaned up!
    I have a friend like this. Last time I went over there, my kids came home with socks that reeked of animal pee. Needless go say they come to OUR house now. Fucking gross. [-X
    Get me a damn beer.
  • CrashCrash
    We bought a house once that was absolutely fucking disgusting, I mean, over the line hideous. When we went to look at it, there were piles of dog poo everywhere, the carpets were soaking in pee, hair and dirt everywhere. Needless to say, every carpet had to be ripped out, and the floors bleached before we could even consider moving in. When my husband checked the furnace filter, there was a whole entire dog's worth of fur in it. No exaggerating, the filter was 6 inches thick with it.

I just don't know how people don't *see* that shit. How can you not see it?!
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • anotheranonanotheranon
    @notsohotmomma Exactly! I have pets, but damn! Clean that shit up!! What's really sad is the house has been in the family a long time and the parents have already said it goes to their daughter when they're gone. There's no way (short of gutting the house) to get rid of the smell.

ETA: Meant to say, it's hard floors/linoleum, so it's soaked into the wood and walls.
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    @forkinthehead -- You are awesome.  That is all.
  • WickedDunkieJunkieWickedDunkieJunkie
    onetime said:

What I find disgusting are gross Kitchens and gross bathrooms. IMO they should be clean, you eat there and clean yourself there. If your bathroom isn't clean, how can YOU be clean, KWIM?

Ugh! When people post their "mirror pic" on FB, I always check out their bathroom.
    WDJ_Avatar_zps4536679b
    We Are The Music Makers... And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams...

• AnonMomAnonMom
    Me too @KDT7688!!
  • AnonMomAnonMom
    And I ALWAYS make sure mine is presentable if I do happen to take and post one of those type of pics!
  • runbitchrunrunbitchrun
    I will admit there is ALWAYS dog hair at my house. I have a golden whose blonde hair stands out like a neon light on our dark wood floors. I would have to sweep every hour to keep the floor clean. Next time the dogs fur and floor color will be the same, I hate looking at my fur covered floor.
  • onetimeonetime
    When I was pregnant with DD, we had tenants upstairs. A couple with a baby. No pets. It was so disgusting. The way the apartment is set-up, the steps come up, and you can walk a complete circle around the second floor around the steps. The on hall-way between the bathroom and the second-floor bedroom was filled with stuff to the point you could not walk down it. There is a third floor bed-room that is big enough for storage, too so it wasn't a matter of lack of storage. It was also so dirty and disgusting that when DH was putting a doorbell in, he'd let them know he was going to be going in that day (they weren't home) and when I walked up the stairs behind him, he said "DO NOT COME UP HERE, I don't want you getting sick!" That gross. It was so bad that when they moved out, and I went to clean, I stepped in the kitchen and my flip-flops stuck to the floor and broke. I had to use 3 magic erasers to get the bathtub clean. It was nasty as fuck. Ew. 

And now you know why I would rather not get rent and have my mother living there than deal with people who trash the place and never pay rent anyway! 

So much worth it!! 
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • [Deleted User]
    @onetime - will you rent to us??? Cause Eric wants to move back!! Rent and babysitting when you go back to work!! And I won't beat your kids much.
  • onetimeonetime
    @livinthedream, are you asking me to evict my own mother?! Not sure I have the heart to do all that!! LOL!
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • [Deleted User]
    @onetime - nope. Just have her move in with you!!! Lmao.
  • onetimeonetime
    LMAO! @livinthedream, we don't have room for the people we HAVE here! :D
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • onetimeonetime
    But I'd be happy to help you find a place in the general vacinity, I'm always looking for awesome neighbors! 
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • [Deleted User]
    First we have to find him a JOB. Wanna help @onetime??
  • LoveLove
    Shit, I thought this was another photo thread!

community-manager

• [Deleted User]
    @love add a photo of your nasty house. Lol
  • onetimeonetime
    @livinthedream, I'd love to help! I'm kinda lacking on my own job hunt though! LOL! 
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • yarrrrrrrr
    My house, especially the living room, is always cluttered.  I try to look and see if the clutter is showing in a pic before I put it on FB but sometimes there are toys on the floor in the background of pics of my kids.  Oh well. 
  • [Deleted User]
    @onetime I'll email his resume to you. Maybe you can be more active than he is. Moving would be a bitch though - but my MIL is retiring and taking care of our nephew. She said she would take Morgan too. Fuck yeah!!!
  • onetimeonetime
    @yarrrrrrrr, Clutter is one thing. Dirty, gross, smell, however, not cool. 

@livinthedream, do you have my email? I'll pm you . 
    Suck it up buttercup!
  • [Deleted User]
    Got it! Have to talk to him - right now there is a 5 year old whining and screaming.......God Help Me.
  • NinLee
    @forkinthehead  =D> If only there were more people like you.
    We are currently in a suburb in western Australia. I came across a FB page where one person has taken it upon himself to "Name and Shame" those in the area who have "untidy" gardens / nature strips. This guy has his head so far up his own arse, that he is humiliating people online all in the name of "keeping the area tidy", but hasn't the decency to actually go and knock on their doors to ask, "Hey what's up? What's the story behind all the weeds/long grass?" He even had the gall to take a photo of a lady pulling weeds out of her garden,  posted it on the FB page under the caption "About bloody time!". Saddest part about this is he has about 25 people following his page all cheering him on. I have seen posts from quite a few of these people, and they are all so eager to point fingers and humiliate people, but none of them have the balls to chat with the person they are bitching about. I wasn't very popular when I posted what I thought of what they were doing. Yeah, we all want a nice looking neighbourhood, but this just creates ill feelings amongst the people in the area (I sure know which people to avoid...)

The way I see things is that if I have a problem with a neighbour, it is MY problem until I have a chat with them, then they become aware of it, then it becomes their problem. After chatting to them (perhaps finding a solution), it's sorted. If the chat doesn't go down with them, there are other ways to deal with it, eg: contacting the council or (if the place is a rental), contacting the landlords.