#158371 - lost 20 pounds in 17 days
  • lawschoolmommylawschoolmommy
    On a low calorie diet and so hungry! But have lost early 20 lbs in 17 days! Think I'm doing pretty good! Just have to keep it up... If Only my ds brownies didn't look so yummy!

17 DAYS???  Or WEEKS?  If you meant weeks, then high five!  If you did in fact mean days, then I feel the need to give you a hug..
  • WineyMommyWineyMommy
    Yes, tell me your secret. And it better involve alcohol, no exercise, and plenty of couch sitting while on SM!

But, seriously...
    :-bd
  • AnonUser34
    Wow!! All that weight well come back once you start eating normal again you can't live that way forever!! I've lost 27lbs in 3 months by cutting back my calorie intake the OC must not be eating much at all #-o
  • momsaidnomomsaidno
    the only time i lost that much weight that quickly was this lemonade diet thing... all you could do is drink water and then this mixture it was so horrible it was lemon juice fresh squeezed, water, cyan pepper, and grade a maple syrup. there is a whole recipe for it online but it is 20 pounds in ten days. and just so you know the weight doesn't stay off i did it right before i was in a wedding. 

• KellynnKellynn
    I did it once. It was called DIVORCE. Literally couldnt eat a thing. And, I did gain it all back.
  • AnonUser35
    Lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks once...it was because I could not swallow due to severe damage to my esophagus from acid reflux. When I went to the doctor and told him how much weight I lost in a 2 week time frame, he freaked out and ordered a boat load of tests...including cancer biopsies of my upper GI (all negative, thank God). Was not fun!
  • PigeonPigeon
    I really hope that the OC is doing this healthily (diet and exercise), and isn't starving herself silly. If it is being done healthily, good on you OC!
  • runbitchrunrunbitchrun
    Wow. I lost 15 lbs in 3 months and I thought that might be too much too fast.
  • AnonUser23
    @CKLW I was on that same diet! lol I got down to 101 lbs after my divorce. Then I remarried, had two kids and now I'm a fat ass :)
  • DemandaDemanda
    CKLW said:

I did it once. It was called DIVORCE. Literally couldnt eat a thing. And, I did gain it all back.

Same here!

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." ~ Gloria SteinemPhotobucket
  • unforgivenunforgiven
    Shit. I've lost 2 lbs so far and I'm ecstatic. Why are you trying to steal my thunder OC?!  >:P

confessional-manager

"What looks like torture is a time to rejoice
    What sounds like thunder is a comforting voice
    When what is beautiful looks broken and crushed
    And I say I don't know you
    But you say it's finished"
  • farmmommyfarmmommy
    I've lost 15 pounds in a week... But it was called e~coli... And I don't recommend that diet
  • KellynnKellynn
    @handtowelLady and @MommyDearest, we must be the type who can't eat when super stressed. My moms the opposite, she eats tons when stressed.
  • NurseMom
    I suspect the OC was on the HCG diet. I lost that much in 3 weeks. I've been able to keep it off but it takes work.
  • yarrrrrrrr
    There's no way to lose 17 lbs in 20 days and call it healthy.  You will gain it all back unless you do something you can do forever. 
  • CrashCrash
    You can lose that weight, if you had a fair amount to lose to begin with. One of my employees, though, did the HCg diet, and yeah, she lost 20 in the first 3 weeks. Couldn't tell, but she felt good, although hungry. And....she didn't stick with it. Any sort of starvation diet isn't meant to be for life, and when you've lost your goal weight, then you go right back to your old habits. Doesn't stop people from trying, and bragging though.
    Why be a king when you can be a God?
  • LA_PygmyHerderLA_PygmyHerder
    Starvation diets have another name. It's called ANOREXIA. I'm sorry, but it's just not healthy to lose weight that fast.
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    That's a starvation rate of weight loss. The reason doctors recommend weight loss of 1-2 pounds a week is because much more than that will send your body into starvation mode. It's an evolutionary thing - our bodies are wired to slow our metabolism to keep us alive during times of famine. Starve yourself and you trigger that evolutionary mechanism. Then the weight stops coming off and you gain a ton as soon as you go back to eating a normal number of calories, because our bodies are also wired to store as much fat as possible after a famine in case there's another one right around the corner.

In addition to which, fat stores a great many toxins; burning too much fat too quickly releases those toxins into the body. The body can handle a gradual release much more easily than a sudden one; slow and steady weight loss is just better from a health standpoint. But of course I understand the temptation to take shortcuts and see quick results. We're only human, after all!
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • Im doing the hcg diet, doing pretty well. Haven't cheated or anything yet. Hoping to lose some weight then up the calories I'm eating and start exercising. At this point I'm too embarrassed to even go to the gym. Have lost 16 lbs so far
  • [Deleted User]
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    well behaved women seldom make history
  • Mizgina
    Sorry but most of that weight is water weight. That means as soon as you eat something salty you will SUDDENLY regain most of it. The first pounds you lose on ANY diet is water. Have you lost weight? Yeah probably 5-7 pounds which is GREAT but just don't be disappointed when your scale suddenly jumps up...
  • MamaAce
    Days or weeks, I'm jealous! I am 100 pounds overweight and everything I've tried has not helped :(