Stay at home Mom Easy??
  • StillTryingStillTrying
    I think being a SAHM looks incredibly easy. I don't know why people complain about it. It's doing all the stuff I do now, minus my full time job. I wish SAHMs would admit how lucky they really are and stop bitching.

Are you freaking kidding me?  I hate when people say shit like this. Especially since it's clear from the confession that she's never been a SAHM.  Why judge? First of all, it's way more than doing all the things you do now, minus the full time job - do you do a full time job while your children are present all day long?  I doubt it, I suspect that you send your kids to some kind of childcare while you work.  Which means that SAHMs do "all the things you normally do" PLUS look after their kids full time.  That's the difference!  Tending to 1, 2 maybe 3 or more babies, toddlers, and preschoolers all day is exhausting, stressful, and hard ass work.  I'm sure there are tons of moms who suck at it and let their kids watch tv all day, but there are tons or working moms who suck at their out-of-home jobs too.  

Anyone who says it's an easy job is fucking insane.
    • StillTryingStillTrying
      By the way, I am a working at home mom, formerly SAHM who happily admits she is very lucky, but that still doesn't make it easy.
    • i_am_a_thunderbirdi_am_a_thunderbird
      Honestly, the fight between SAHM and WM moms has been done to death on this board.

Both types of mom are awesome, hard-working, amazing, totally fucking killing it!

One is not better than the other, one does not have it "easier" than the other. Both present different challenges and rewards and both are to be respected. IMO.
    • onetimeonetime
      Oh I hate it. Too hard. I want a job. Eta: have always been a working mom up until 2months ago.
      Suck it up buttercup!
    • AnonholeMomAnonholeMom
      There's this myth floating around the being a SAH parent is basically one big, endless weekend.  Probably because so many of us run around the house free-boobin'.
    • crazymama2twocrazymama2two
      *yawn*

L-)
      @anonholemom

FUCKINGHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA!!!!

i work at home freeboobin' all day and just today i needed my neighbor to sign paperwork i needed to fax over to the company i work for and i walked out of my house and didnt even care i had no bra on...and these puppies, no hiding them...idk what the hell id do if i had to go back to the office...bras are itchy :)

free-boobin' lolol
    • SassySassy

Honestly, the fight between SAHM and WM moms has been done to death on this board.

Both types of mom are awesome, hard-working, amazing, totally fucking killing it!

One is not better than the other, one does not have it "easier" than the other. Both present different challenges and rewards and both are to be respected. IMO.

^^^^THIS
    • AnonholeMomAnonholeMom
      @crazymama2two  It's just a perk of our job, right?  Some people have great dental and a 401K match.  We have free boobin' and afternoon naps.
      @anonholemom

WTF bitch, you get afternoon naps?

ima come over there and push you outta bed -- so i can nap too :)

my only perk is just free-boobin' it - ill take what i can get!!! :)
    • MissANicole
      @anonholemom did i miss something i Dont get an afternoon nap! For the life of me i rarely get my two lil ones to nap at the same time. Im officially jealous! :D
    • AnonholeMomAnonholeMom
      @crazymama2two  It's only like, 15 minutes.  I basically pass out from exhaustion on my "days off" here at home with the kids.  Part-time office worker!  FTW!!!
    • AnonUser30
      (:| I wanna nap.

And. Why is the bathroom sink still running and the kid quiet???
    • AnonUser30
      Never mind. I checked. A bottle of strawberry shampoo in the sink and toilet. Yep. That's me. Kicking back doing nothing.
    • CrashCrash
      Hm.... I'm going to try working at home, and then not doing anything at all but a SAHM, then I'll let you all know in my considered opinion, which one was easier. Lol.

So who wants to pay me to do this?
      Why be a king when you can be a God?
    • PigeonPigeon
      The year mat leave I got...that was enough of being a SAHM for me, going to work every day is much much easier on my sanity....even if sometimes I F**KING HATE my job/coworker(s).
      I can honestly say that I enjoy working outside the home and would likely go insane if I was a SAHM.

I don't know how you moms do it. Just hearing some of the stories from SAHM's makes me cringe.
      @mumum1802 - YES! I was going to say the one-year mat leave bit was enough!
    • PigeonPigeon
      lol @i_am_a_thunderbird I actually almost went back to work after 6months, I was going nuts! It got a little easier once the weather got nice enough to leave the effing house though.
      @mumum1802 - I found that too. I had DS3 in November and it was one hella long winter.

As soon as spring hit, we were going for walks every single day.

As much as I loved the time I spent with him, I felt like I had cabin fever to the extreme. I felt like I was losing myself and only viewed as a mom instead of the writer, journalist, photographer I am.

Going back to work helped me redefine myself as a mom and full-time journalist and it was the best thing for my sanity.
    • AKimiBAKimiB

^^^ this. ^^^

Plus, the child care industry is a full-time job too, FYI.

So, we are basically going in circles.
      Yay.
      SMSM_s_5 photo SMSM_s_5_zps5d122d86.jpg
    • onetimeonetime
      @curious, BTDT.. Working is easier, IMHO. BUUUUUT that's because I don't deal well with sitting here.
      Suck it up buttercup!
    • OpheliaOphelia

I can honestly say that I enjoy working outside the home and would likely go insane if I was a SAHM.

I don't know how you moms do it. Just hearing some of the stories from SAHM's makes me cringe.

^^this

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.. -Grateful Dead<3
    • telabutterfly
      Tomato, tomahto. Or whatever.

Face it, they both have their perks + drawbacks. Whatever works for you and YOUR family. SAHM works for me, and I freely admit I have it good. When I decide to return to work, I'm sure that will be fine too.

As long as we're all happy + healthy + have a roof over our heads, it's ALL GOOD!
    • PigeonPigeon
      @i_am_a_thunderbird I think you may just be my soul mate
    • ktsmamaktsmama

Tomato, tomahto. Or whatever.

Face it, they both have their perks + drawbacks. Whatever works for you and YOUR family. SAHM works for me, and I freely admit I have it good. When I decide to return to work, I'm sure that will be fine too.

As long as we're all happy + healthy + have a roof over our heads, it's ALL GOOD!

^^ this!! ^^

I have done both. Worked full time until I had my third child, then became a SAHM. @telebutterfly is so right! There are perks & drawbacks to both. Neither one is easy. "Confessions" like this are just ignorant.

• AloneOverseasAloneOverseas
      Being an SAHM is easy for me. Both boys are in school so I have the house to myself from 8am-3:30pm. :). Of course, this all changes during school breaks! Lol
      I love purple; I love cats. Imagine if cats were purple ...
    • primalmommaprimalmomma
      The last few days....confessional filled with old arguments, pot stirrers...

I'm a SAHM :)  I love it.  I have a toddler & one on the way.  Wonder how having 2 will be??? 

It's challenging in its own way.  Coming from having a career to being a mommy.... so lonely sometimes....many times..... but worth it!
      “I did then what I knew to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” (Maya Angelou)
      http://www.primalmomma.com
    • [Deleted User]
      BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Sorry. That's all I have for the OC.

I left my job at teaching high school in one of the poorest districts in the country to be a SAHM...being a SAHM made my teaching job look like a cake walk, and there were lock-downs involved. 
      Getting "adult" time, even at a job is mentally different than being with a child 24/7, which is absolutely draining on so many levels, even if you passionately love it. 

I think every decision has its ups and downs, and I never regretted leaving my job to SAH, but now that I am a WAHM, I do think that is the most challenging. 
    • Mommyliciousx4Mommyliciousx4
      If it looks that easy, then we are that damn good at our jobs. :)
    • ZidashaZidasha
       even at a job is mentally different than being with a child 24/7, which is absolutely draining on so many levels, even if you passionately love it.  

What @Chocoholic said!!  Before kids I could stay up all day, party all night get maybe an hour of sleep and work my 16 hour day no problem, buuuuutttt, leave me alone with my kids for 3 hours or so and I'm beat staring at the clock waiting for nap time and anxiously waiting for bedtime so I can get my hour of peace before I crash out before 10pm most nights.  LOL...I'm not entirely sure it's because I'm older but I def. notice the lack of energy with the day in and day outs of taking care of my kids.

I work for a temp. agency right now so I get the best of both worlds.  When I'm done with one job if I want to take another or if I really need the money I can take another or I can take a week or so off to attend school functions for my oldest and what not.
      "I have a theory that placenta is brain matter I push out, so with each child I get dumber and dumber." ~ Unknown

• primalmommaprimalmomma
      @chocoholic ..yeah being a mom (for me) is way easier than teaching.

everything is challenging in its own way. I miss teaching, but I think I'm a better mom - my day is less stressful as a mom than it ever was teaching.
      “I did then what I knew to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” (Maya Angelou)
    • MamaAce
      I HATE when people say this! No it's not easy, no it's not glamorous and most days it SUCKS. I take care of unruly, selfish, ungrateful kids and I thank God that all 3 of them are in school now. Then I have a husband who is constantly saying "you're home all day why didn't you do it?" Nevermind the fact that I have some major health issues and getting out of bed most days is an accomplishment for me.

Seriously, people need to get a clue!
    • momsaidnomomsaidno
      omg, i am so happy... i never really thought about it but, i never wear a bra anymore!! my dh always brings it up. like when i take trash out bra less or answer the door to the mail man/ ups ppl. lol i never really thought other ppl did it to. i thought it was just me.. 

• chaosmomchaosmom
      I was a working mom for 6 years. Have been a SAHM for 7 years. Soooo ready to go back to work solely for the adult interaction but I also really want to wait until my youngest starts school which is a little over a year from now. But I love being able to go to most of the school functions. For ME, being home is a lot harder than working. I never get to clock out or shift gears. I'm exhausted all the time.

I am not just mom. I am a childcare provider. You know, like those people you pay to watch your kids while you work. I do that too except my paycheck comes in the form of hugs & kisses instead of money. *sigh* I want to pay someone to watch my kids. I need to go to work before I go crazy...
    • chaosmomchaosmom
    • RedTiger
      Brain surgey looks incredibly easy too, especially if you watch a professional do it, but that doesnt mean it is.

I have also done both and neither one is any easier than the other.
    • RedTiger
      @notthemomma just reading that was exhusting but its spot on!
    • monstamomonstamo
      Working right now, stayed home for 5 months. I didn't mind but BF doesn't make enough to support it. So I went back and I love my job.

Now BF is out on disability and I am supporting us again (you know the unpaid kind). I get a little bitter because I keep on and never seem to get ahead. I work til the wee hours but my little alarm clock goes off at 7:00 am.

Either way sucks ass. If any of you find the easy button point me in that direction!
    • primalmommaprimalmomma
      @notthemama
      that article made me tired!  man, that is NOTHING like my life as a SAHM.  maybe being broke and car-free has saved me.  not to mention that my friends live too far away to visit so I'm alone all day long.  lol...sucks in its own way, too.
    • @primalmomma  yeah sorry, it was a long one!  I have no car but alot of family within walking distance.  Im always broke so we usually end up walking all around town just for something to do!  The days that I do get a car to use, its the same.  Always hectic running around trying to get everything done in one day lol
    • Mizgina
      This pisses me off. See the way I do my job is not easy. I guess if you just do the bare minimum to keep the health department and CPS away then yeah... easy.

See when I decided to do this job I took it seriously! I cook from scratch, I clean DAILY, I do laundry DAILY. I sew clothes and quilts and do the mending. I hang clothes on the line and raise chickens for eggs. I can and freeze foods for later use.

My husband is loved and spoiled and so am I.

So yeah ... you do YOUR job then do MY JOB the WAY I DO IT,... then tell me that mine is easy!

GRRR