ew... how long does it take a fingernail to grow back??
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    Ok 2 months ago my kids managed to break my fingertip and squashed my nail causing a huge hematoma under my nail and it finally fell off tonight.. Its gross and sensitive.. I just want my pinky back to normal!!
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • MamaAce
    Depends on how healthy you are. It will probably take a week or 2. Just cover it with a bandaid for now. That's what I did when I lost my thumb nail a few years ago (closed my thumb in the door...) 
  • AloneOverseasAloneOverseas
    Broke your fingertip?? Ouch!!

I lost a toenail several years ago (accidentally kicked a wall when I was barefoot) damn it hurt! It took about a month. I was soooo grossed out! Lol. I kept it covered with a bandaid, or three.
    I love purple; I love cats. Imagine if cats were purple ...
  • meandmy243meandmy243
    I have a bandaid on it and some neosporin just incase its still got a few scabs from the hemotoma...
    let them eat cake! because id rather have pie!!!
  • orangesumatraorangesumatra
    couple weeks to couple months. take prenatal vitmains bc they have vitmains that promote nair growth. although depending on where and how deep your injury was, the new nail might not look normal.
  • lilolmelilolme
    Seems about right, couple weeks to a couple months, DD11 had the tip of her pinky severed when she was 7, in the hinge side of a door, and it took somewhere in there for the nail to grow back. Maybe get a lil finger gaurd to help with it not being bumped etc? She had to wear one, ya know, those metal thingies with the foad in em to stabilize and protect? Anyhow, hope this helps.
  • fatchickonabikefatchickonabike
    Yeah, it can take a couple of months. A very heavy window smashed down on my fingertip once, and it took about six weeks for all the bruising/hematoma to grow out. Hurt like a fucker, too. One of only two times I ever came close to passing out from pain.
    Part of growing up is learning to forgive your parents for being human.
  • ktsmamaktsmama
    My DD lost a fingernail last fall. Took about 2 months for it to totally grow back after the damaged nail fell off. The neosporin is a good idea. DD kept a bandaid on it for the first couple weeks to.
  • MysonMason
    Prenatal vitamins! Great for your hair too!
  • Mai
    My ds6 backed a shopping cart up on my foot when I was wearing flip flops. I lost my middle toe nail. It grew back fairly quickly. But I was taking vitamins plus extra folic acid. It doesn't look the same. It's super thick and ugly. And about a month ago my dog stepped on the back of my flip flops and I ended up smashing my pinky toenail into the wooden foot of our couch trying to catch my balance. Ripped it right off. It's about half way back, but it looks like its going to be super thick and ugly also. I hardly wear flip flops anymore now
  • CalliopemarieCalliopemarie
    My dd3 dropped a can on her big toe. Ended up having the nail fall off. That was about 2 months ago. It's starting to grow back but looks funky