DH is leaving for work at midnight for who knows how long
  • MerriMomMerriMom
    Yesterday morning Bob went to a job and got home at 11am.  We went to a home show together and went shopping for groceries and household items.  When we got home, I put Hailey down for a nap and left her at home with Bob while I went to do laundry at the local laundromat.  When I got home, Bob cooked supper on the grill.  During supper, Hailey fussed as usual that she was done eating, while both of us were still trying to finish eating.  Bob and I discussed taking turns to get a night off once a week.  I will start going back out for karaoke on Thursday nights, and Bob will start going back out to beer night on Fridays.  This morning he let me sleep in while he took care of Hailey, and he gave me coffee and made breakfast.  He has to go to bed between 4 and 6pm to get up for work at midnight.  He has a very long and busy day tomorrow and has to spend the night to do more work on Tuesday.  Then when he gets home on Tuesday evening he has to repack his bag and prepare to go on location for who knows how long.   He said that it will be at least a week and a half this time.  He's hoping to stay on location as long as possible and get the biggest bonus possible so that we can pay off some debts and get a washer and dryer and a TV for our bedroom.  So in about a month or so when Bob gets back from location, I will get to go out one night a week.  Until then, I will be at home with Hailey completely alone 24/7. 
    Yeah I'm really just in this marriage for the money!  No, I want to have my DH at home with our family, and he wants to provide as much as he can to give us the best life possible and insists that I stay at home instead of going back to work. 
  • [Deleted User]
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    well behaved women seldom make history
  • LifeofchaosLifeofchaos
    I know exactly how you feel. My DH works 6p-6a 6 nights a week so I can stay home with the munchkins. It's sooooo hard being a married mom basically raising kids all alone. It's awesome that you have a night out every week to look forward to.