Tonight, the unimaginable happened: My children ate dinner. All of them, together. I prepared them steak, spinach and potatoes and let them eat at the picnic table by themselves. Without me hovering over them, they actually seemed to EAT. I ate inside, watching them with awe. The shock still hasn’t worn off. I swear I even heard “yummy” escape Ben’s lips, but I may very well have been hallucinating. Sitting down to dinner with your children is so overrated- I’ll take this over feeding him like a dog any day. Oh, how I adore 70 degree nights…
Pinch me, I’m dreaming…
the truth has arrived…
SCARY MOMMY IN YOUR INBOX
Join the boards
The Scary Mommy Community is a place for moms (and non-moms, too!) to get honest feedback, amazing support, sage advice, and make the very best of friends. Join today and discover thousands of women just like you...
Most Recent Confessions
I've lost 25lbs, am down to a size 6, my stomach is perfectly flat for the first time in YEARS and I still feel like a cow. WTF is the matter with me?
Think ea is backing off, feeling sad and disappointed. I hadn't gotten to do things I'd fantasized about. H just doesn't do it for me any more. Dam it.
Because I love DW, I say, "I want to make you happy." Because I've been married for many years, I know better than to speak the remainder out loud, "...so MAYBE you'll quit whining and get off my ass!"
- I've lost 25lbs, am down to a size 6, my stomach is perfectly flat for the first time in YEARS and I still feel like a cow. WTF is the matter with me?
- Babble.com: 8 Parenting Lessons To Learn From 'Arrested Development'
- Our Favorite Tweets From Parents This Week
- Why I Won't Date Married Men As A Gay Man
- Linda Bloom LCSW and Charlie Bloom MSW: Overwhelmed Parents: A National Crisis
- Allison Tate: What I Would Like to Tell My Son's 5th Grade Teacher Now
- 9 Unconventional Steps To Happiness
search the site
The Travel Guide
Ever find yourself in an unfamiliar city wondering how to best kill the day with your kids? What museum guards won't roll their eyes at you and where to go for the yummiest ice cream? The Scary Mommy Travel Guide brings you kid-approved spots in popular travel destinations, written by the people who know their cities best: The moms who live there.
Scary Mommy Nation