The Scary Mommy Community is a place to find support and camaraderie with amazing moms who love to help one another. We are scattered all around the world, of all different colors and sizes and lifestyles, united by a single thing: motherhood.
Nastiness and bullying has no place here and will not be tolerated. You are, of course, free to passionately state your opinions, but please do so in a respectful manner. We are all people, behind these computer screens, and let’s remember to treat each other as such. Basically, don’t be an asshole.
To ensure that we keep this community the supportive and positive environment that it is intended to be, please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the rules here…
• No racism, homophobia, or any bullshit like that. Scary Mommy is a diverse community and we want to keep it that way.
• No personal attacks. Criticize the message, not the people. You’ll be far more likely to enjoy your time on the site if it isn’t made up of bullies and mean girls.
• No ridiculously large signatures. They are distracting and annoying and we have enough distractions and annoyances at home.
• Please do your best to keep threads on topic and not derail. Spectator comments are not funny and add nothing to the conversation.
• If you have an issue with a member, please pm a mod or the member off the board. Adults don’t need to air their shit in public.
• The incredibly competent moderators of this site have been doing this job for longer than most of our members have been members. They may use their discretion when it comes to thread closings and comment deletions. They know what they’re doing, and while questions are always allowed, calling them out and bitching at them for doing their jobs isn’t. They dedicate far too much of themselves to this site to be treated like that.
• No solicitations are allowed on ScaryMommy without prior approval. If you post a solicitation without asking first, it will be removed.
• Scary Mommy is a community of mostly women, and while men are welcome to join, we don’t appreciate members who solely pipe in on the X-rated threads. That’s just plain sketchy and you will be banned.
• We reserve the right to ban members with no warning and without reason for the safety of the community.
• None of us at Scary Mommy are medical experts, and any advice you receive here should never replace that of a professional.