Perhaps you have heard that a Sweet Valley High sequel was just released. My own copy is on its way and I can’t sufficiently express my excitement over it. It has me longing for jelly bracelets and candy cigarettes and Debbie Gibson and I may have rolled my socks down to my ankles today. Don’t judge.
It also has me fantasizing over other sequels. Sequels which need to be written. For our children. They deserve these… don’t you think?
1. More Adventures in Babysitting: Let’s see how Chris likes it when it’s her kids scaling downtown city sky scrapers at midnight.
2. Girls Still Wanna Have Fun: Aren’t you dying to know what happened after the big dance off? Is Janey still a flexible little bundle of energy, or has all of that Sex in the City finally taken its toll?
3. Thirty-Six Candles: I have a feeling Jake has stood the test of time, and I, for one, would really like to see him again.
4. Say Anything… (Within Reason): So, we know the love birds didn’t die in a plane crash, but can love really last between a guy named Lloyd Dobbler and a girl named Diane Court? Or, did all that punching go to Lloyd’s head and leave him unable to say… anything?
5. Who’s Really The Boss? Did we ever answer that question? It begs for further exploration.
6. Babysitters Club and Beyond: I would kill to know what Kristy, Mary Anne, Claudia and Stacey are doing with those smarts now. Surely, taking over the world. Or, something.
7. E.T. Returns. If for no other reason than to try York Pieces and Almond Joy Pieces. I just know he’d be a fan, the fugly little fellow.
8. The Dinner Club: Because, even after high school, these misfits can’t possibly have found people who can better relate to them.
9. (Still Learning) The Facts of Life: They took the good, they took the bad, they took it all and then we had… nothing. Life just isn’t the same without a little Tooti in it.
10. Heathers, The New Generation: I’m quite sure Veronica and J.D. are proud parents to a set of triplets all named Heather. It would be so poetic.
What am I missing?