Last Updated: October 24, 2018
What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
Information You Give Us: We may collect and store information you provide through our Services (such as when you register for an account) or by otherwise interacting with us. This information includes:
- Information you provide when filling out forms on our website or interacting with customer service, which may include user profile information, such as name, address, and email address. We may also keep a record of your correspondence.
- Information you provide when you submit content or comment on content posted on our Services. The content you submit may be visible to other users of our Services. Please refrain from submitting content that you would not want to be revealed publicly.
- Information you provide when you interact with us via social media (such as our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Reddit, Instagram, or Pinterest pages), including any posts, pictures, videos and messages which you submit to us either via our social media sites (including by use of hashtags associated with us) or our site. Please note: we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store the information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms. Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with social media providers typically allows them to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, they may recognize you using these cookies even when you do not interact with their application(s). Please visit those third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Information you provide when you participate in our surveys.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Location information (via your IP address)
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use our site (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our website or digital services, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
In addition to information that you give us or that we collect automatically about you, we also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources (such as our third party advertising partners) to, among other things, enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to better customize your experience on the Services.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information from or about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with our products and services, for example: to upload your content to our Service as you request; to communicate with you about your account (including service related announcements) and send you information about features and enhancements on our Service and third-party deals and offers, and to communicate with you about changes to our policies and about your content;
- to send you our newsletters, to make your Some Spider experience more efficient, and to provide you with information, offers, and deals that we think may be relevant. Please note: You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from Some Spider. To opt-out, you can send us a message at [email protected] Please note, however, that you generally cannot opt-out of Service related announcements, e.g. if the Service is temporarily suspended or if delivery of a product or service is delayed;
- to enable additional features or interact with us outside of our website, such as via email or social media;
- to improve our Services and grow our business.
- to personalize content and experiences on our Service, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences, for example: to tailor advertising to you, and to understand our customer base and trends by analyzing our user base;
- to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
- Site Operations: Enabling features that are necessary for providing you with our Services, such as to recognize you so you do not need to log in at every visit and so that we can provide you with more relevant content.
- Analytics: Allowing us to understand how our Services are being used, track site performance and make improvements, such as by estimating our audience size and counting unique visitors.
- Personalized Advertising: Delivering tailored advertising based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads.
- Social Media: Enabling the sharing of content from our services through social networking and other sites.
We use the information from one portion of the Services on other portions of the Services in our network and in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by Some Spider, and we may combine the information we gather into a single customer record, analysis or report.
How Might We Share Information We Collect?
Service Providers: We work with service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, email and communication management, storage, content management tools, analytics, customer service, and product fulfillment. These service providers have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Service.
Emergency Situations: We may also use or disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Service; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Service or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Service or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We exercise care in providing transmission of your information from your device to our servers. We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Some Spider, its affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at [email protected]
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Website?
Changes to This Policy
Is Personal Information Collected From Children?
Some Spider does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age you should not provide personally identifiable information to Some Spider without providing us with consent from your parents. If Some Spider discovers that a child under the age of 16 has provided Some Spider with personally identifiable information and we do not have parental consent, Some Spider will immediately delete that child’s information from the Service.
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California have the right to request information regarding third parties to whom the company has disclosed certain categories of personal information during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email [email protected]
These Services will respect your browser’s Do Not Track signals (or other well-established, commercially available mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information). If we receive a Do Not Track notice, we will stop using any personal information for online behavioral advertising purposes.
Interest-Based Advertising, Cookies, and Other Information-Gathering Technologies
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of tracking on mobile devices by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Our Services use Google Analytics. You can find more information about Google’s use of information, and how to opt-out, at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
You can accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. Most web browsers default to accept cookies, but you can change those settings. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not work or may not work as designed. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, see www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you opt -out, you will still be served with advertising, but it will not be targeted to you. You can also opt -out of future information collection from our Services by ceasing use of the Service. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Users in the EEA and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies with respect to personal data collected through your use of our [Services][Sites].
Transfers: Personal data we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or processors maintain facilities. We will ensure that transfers of personal data to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards.
Your Rights: You are entitled to the rights under Chapter III of the EU General Data Protection Regulation or Section 2 of the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection with respect to the processing of your personal data, which include the right to access and rectify and to request erasure of personal data.