1. I did it already! No, really. I did it. I know it doesn’t look like I cleaned my room, but I totally did. I just messed it up again really quickly.
2. I JUST did that yesterday. Do I have to do that again today? Who takes the trash out two days in a row? What is this, Buckingham Palace?
3. I thought [insert sibling’s name] was going to do it. Moooooom. I swear, she said she was going to do it this time and I would do it next time.
4. I forgot. Sorry. I’ll get it done before bedtime. No, I know I said that last night. I really mean it this time, SWEAR!
5. I meant to do it later. I have things. You know, THINGS. I’ll get to it later. After my things.
6. It will just get messed up again in half an hour. **SIGH** I don’t get the point of this at all.
7. It doesn’t look that bad to me. If I don’t see a mess, does the mess really exist?
8. Dad said he was going to take care of that.
9. None of my friends have chores.
10. If you’re here all day, why do I have to do it? No, wait, Mom, please, I’m sorry, I’ll do it. I’ll do it right now. I’m doing it, I’m DOING IT RIGHT NOW.
Related post: Chore Charts Are Bullshit