President Trump’s new health care bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act is bad. Really bad.
This plan will make health care more expensive for families and seniors and leave millions of people uninsured — all while giving huge tax breaks to insurance companies and the highest wage earners.
Here are the top points you need to know about the Trump plan:
1. It allows health insurance companies to charge older Americans more.
2. It repeals the employer mandate, causing many families covered by their employers to lose coverage.
3. It will take insurance away from millions of individuals and cripple state budgets by phasing out Medicaid expansion.
4. It gives health insurance companies a tax break for CEO pay over $500,000.
5. It defunds Planned Parenthood, leaving millions without access to breast exams, birth control, and Pap smears.
Here are a few ways you can speak out:
1. Call your members of Congress. You can dial the Capitol switchboard at 202-224–3121.
2. Tell your friends to call their members of Congress.
3. Show up at your representatives’ town halls.
4. Spread the word about this plan on Facebook and other social media.
We’ve seen this year that when regular people show up and demand action, we can get results. So find your members of Congress, then take three minutes to call and ask them to oppose this bill.
Your voice is needed for a time such as this. Be heard.