50+ Geography Trivia Questions For Kids That'll Take Them Around The World
Whether or not geography was your favorite subject in school, as an adult you probably now realize that it was pretty useful after all. No one likes to be the person who can’t identify places on a map, and even with modern conveniences like GPS, it still helps to know how to read a map. So, if you’re looking for a fun yet educational evening at home with the kids or perhaps as a classroom activity with your students, here are more than 50 geography trivia questions for kids that will get them excited about the world.
- How many continents are there?
- What is the largest country in the world?
- What country has the largest population in the world?
- Which desert covers much of northern Africa?
- Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata are major cities in which country?
- How many states are there in the United States?
- What is the tallest mountain in the world?
- Which Italian city is famous for its canals?
- In which U.S. city would you find Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx?
New York City
- What are the only two countries to have a land border with the US?
Canada and Mexico
- What is the longest river in the world?
- What is the capital city of Spain?
- What is the largest (in area) state in the U.S.?
- In what country would you find the Eiffel Tower?
- Helsinki is the capital city of which country?
- In what country would you find the Great Pyramids of Giza?
- What is the capital of Thailand?
- What is the largest sea in the world?
The Caspian Sea
- Which ocean lies between Africa, Australia and south of Asia?
The Indian Ocean
- Which large river flows through London?
- What’s the world’s biggest port?
Port of Shanghai
- Who was the first geographer?
- What is the largest continent?
- Which two countries share the longest border in the world?
The United States of America and Canada
- Which is the longest continental mountain range in the world?
The Andes in South America
- Which is the largest volcano in the world?
Mouna Loa in Hawaii
- Which American city is the Golden Gate Bridge in?
- What is the capital of Thailand?
- Cairo is the capital of which country?
- What is the capital of the American state of Arizona?
- The body of the Egyptian Sphinx was based on which animal?
- How many federal states does Germany have?
- What is the capital of Denmark?
- What is the Polish city known to Germans as Danzig?
- What is the smallest country in the world?
The Vatican City
- How many countries does the United Kingdom have?
- What is the largest non-continental island in the world?
- What is the capital of Chile?
- Kuala Lumpur is the capital of which country?
- Which African country has Portuguese as its official language?
- Where is the area commonly known as the Bermuda Triangle?
The North Atlantic Ocean, between Florida and Puerto Rico
- What is the capital of the State of Washington?
- The historical city of Timbuktu is in which West African country?
- What is the capital of Senegal?
- Which country has the abbreviation “CH”?
- How many time zones does Russia have?
- What is the capital city of New Zealand?
- In Canada, which city is the Big Nickel in?
- What year is on the flag of the Wisconsin?
- How many countries border Kyrgyzstan?
- Which country are the Hunua Ranges located?
- What is the Finnish word for Finland?
- What is the tallest mountain in Canada?
- What is Canada’s largest island?
- What is the capital city of Bermuda?
- What is the capital of Mauritius?
This article was originally published on