We don’t want to admit it, but fries are a staple in our kids’ diets. Actually, ketchup is the staple, but fries are close second. Here’s a healthy way to make kick-ass zucchini fries that everyone will love. They’re so good, you’ll forget they’re not made in a deep fryer.
Makes: 24 pieces
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
2 large zucchini
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 large egg
coconut oil spray
1. Preheat your oven to 400.
2. Cut zucchini in half and then into wedges/fries.
3. In a bowl mix the bread crumbs, salt, and granulated garlic.
4. Beat eggs and dip zucchini into eggs and then into the breading mixture.
5. Place zucchini onto a greased cookie sheet with wire rack to allow it to cook from all sides.
6. Spray lightly with coconut oil spray.
7. Bake for 15 minutes to allow zucchini to fully cook and get crispy.