Ahh, that dreaded word: self-care. Regardless of whether you think self-care is some kind of new age, feel good buzz word, or a legit part of a strong mental health routine, people have feelings –– BIG FEELINGS — about self-care.
If there’s one thing we can agree on, however, it’s that self-care does NOT mean pedis and facials after hot yoga. Here’s what it does look like:
1. Blocking your racist relatives on Facebook.
2. Telling yourself that chamomile tea is the answer. (Side note: chamomile tea is not the answer.)
thinking about camomile tea: oh yeah i love it, the calming drink
actually drinking camomile tea: the hot hay water has not relaxed me
— maddie holden (@winningprotocol) April 15, 2018
3. Stabbing Trump voodoo dolls.
4. Doing a shit ton of face masks.
*does a face mask*
this is going to fix everything.
— ALYINAS (@alyinas) January 12, 2018
5. Screaming into the void.
what I'm saying is, practice self-care, smell some lavender, eat and savor a cookie, feed the ducks, scream into a pillow so loud that the pillow absorbs your screams and then then it's like a Scream Egg and then the screams eventually hatch and swarm to destroy, destroy, destroy
— Chuck Wendig (@ChuckWendig) September 27, 2018
6. Writing chores on your to-do list after you’ve completed them.
does anyone else write things they already did in their planner just so u can cross it out and feel accomplished
— alex (@alexmeyerrr) August 27, 2018
7. Binge watching Queer Eye.
cleaned apartment: For Bobby.
washed hair: For Jonathan.
wore button down: For Tan.
told myself i am worth it: For Karamo.
in the cici’s buffet line: Antoni, I’m so sorry
— natalie heineman (@nataliemac17) July 22, 2018
8. Binge watching Schitt’s Creek.
9. Binge watching The Haunting of Hill House.
10. Binge watching anything because it’s always better than reality.
11. Researching the price of hazmat suits.
self care is the MOST important thing !!! 🙂 wear a facemask. drink water. take a nap. take a bath. quit ur job. post 500 times a day. gossip constantly. alienate urself from anyone that disagrees w u even remotely. wear a hazmat suit. move 2 a bunker underground.
— Brandon Wardell (@BRANDONWARDELL) November 15, 2017
12. Casting spells on all your haters, the GOP, and anyone who has every wronged you ever.
Self-care tips for the weekend:
– delete twitter
– form a coven
– cast a circle and raise power to call for the destruction of all bad men and embrace your sisters with love and healing
– bubble bath
— Lauren Strapagiel 🦇 (@laurenstrapa) November 10, 2017
13. Shoving chocolate in your face by the fistful.
14. Congratulating yourself after eating a single vegetable.
me: *eats one piece of fruit for the first time in weeks*
me: self care is so important!! love urself!! ur body is a temple👏👌
— indie (@INDIEWASHERE) April 8, 2017
15. 36-hour naps.
16. Singing loudly alone in the shower.
17. Canceling plans.
Self-care level: expert.