There is nobody on earth who tries as hard as a mother does. Sadly, no matter how hard we try, there simply aren’t enough hours in the day to do all we need to do. If there magically were, though? You’d likely find us tackling these…
1. Matching the socks. They did once come with a mate, right? Because it certainly doesn’t seem that way when I look in the laundry hamper.
2. Shopping… anywhere other than Amazon. For little kids, there are two time zones: 1. Almost time for the nap, or 2. Just woke up from the nap and neither are a good time to get anything worthwhile done in public. So, hello, internet.
3. Folding the sheets. For now? The “ball and stuff” will suffice.
4. Sleeping in. I’m not entirely sure what those words mean anymore, but I have faint memories of a time long long ago when sleeping past sunrise on the weekends was an actual thing.
5. Primping. Remember primping? Hair, makeup, real pants, outside shoes… maybe even a bra if you’re feeling fancy. These days? Ain’t nobody got time for that.
6. Being sick and miserable in peace. Sure, no one wants to be sick, but let’s face it– the times when parents get to wallow are few and far between. A sick day sounds downright blissful.
7. Ironing clothes. Does that still happen? Because I moved in 2006 and haven’t seen the iron since.
8. Finishing a cup of coffee. Without microwaving it 50 times a morning.
9. Following through on Pinterest. There’s always time to Pin, of course, but actually executing the pins? Ha. Homemade facials? DIY character holiday manicure? Please. If I had time to sit around and watch paint dry, I’d be mating socks.
10. Making baby food from scratch. Ha! Just… ha.
This post has been sponsored by Beech-Nut Organics, made for mothers just like us who dream of preparing food for our children… but if given the choice, would choose a nap instead. Beech-Nut Organics baby food is 100% natural, made with only real fruits and vegetables that look, smell and taste like what they are and contain nothing artificial. Just like if you made it yourself.
Beech-Nut Organics is giving away six months worth of baby food (in the form of physical coupons) to two Scary Mommy readers (woo-hoo!) To enter, just leave a comment below and winners will be picked at random at 12PM EST on Monday, May 11. Good luck!
Update: Congrats to Brittany B and Anna for winning the coupons! Watch your inbox for an e-mail from me. 🙂
This article was originally published on