Are you afraid of clowns? It’s actually a pretty well-known phobia! Still, unless someone has extreme coulrophobia (the name for that particular fear), they likely find clown jokes pretty darn funny. Clown jokes are great to use in general since — love ’em or hate ’em — everyone’s familiar with clowns.
While they were more of a mainstay at birthday parties back in the ’80s and ’90s, these silly characters are still popular for special events. For example, there’s a clown shortage happening in Northern Ireland right now. That, in itself, sounds like the set-up for a clown joke, but it’s real news. These past few years have been hard on all of us, especially the live entertainers of the world. All the more reason to break out the clown humor any chance you get!
The following clown jokes will hopefully remind you that there’s still plenty of joy to be celebrated.
Super Silly Clown Jokes and Clown Puns
- I’m going to send a clown to deliver flowers to my wife.
Will she think that’s a romantic jester?
- Why don’t cannibals eat clowns?
Because they taste funny.
- Which city was ruled by all clowns?
- Why was the lopsided clown looking for another piece of cheese?
He only had one stilt-on!
- My wife dated a clown before we started going out.
I had some big shoes to fill.
- Why was the clown sad?
He broke his funny bone.
- How did the clown write his jokes?
He jest put pun to paper!
- How were the clown’s tricks?
- What’s the funniest fish?
- I think I’m going to start a clown shoe business.
But it’s no small feat!
- What’s a rodeo clown’s favorite type of bar?
- What do you get when you boil a clown?
- Did you hear about the really dramatic circus clown?
His act was always in tents!
- What do you call a frugal clown?
- Two clown cars collided with each other last night.
Over 50 died.
- What should you do if you’re attacked by a mob of clowns?
Go for the juggler!
- What material are clown costumes made of?
- What’s the worst part about playing tag with a clown?
When the clown is It.
- You’re going to clown college?
You can’t be serious.
- How do clowns graduate from clown college?
- Where do clowns go to get married?
- What do Winnie-the-Pooh and Bozo the Clown have in common?
The same middle name.
- Where did the clown go after he retired?
Down Old Clown Road.
- Why was the clown so happy after getting an ear transplant on Dec. 31?
Because he had a happy new ear!
- Why did the clown cross the road?
To get his rubber chicken from the store.
- What happened at the egg contest when one of the clowns had a cracked egg?
The other clown said, “The yokes on you.”
- I don’t like that clown from IT.
He’s always fooling around and cracking jokes instead of fixing our computers.
- What’s the best way to protect yourself while being attacked by a gang of clowns?
Go for the juggler.
- What is written on Ronald McDonald’s gravestone?
- Today, Ronald McDonald put a quarter in my expired parking meter.
What a kind jester!
- Why didn’t the clown get the job at the circus?
He just wasn’t It.
- What do you call a drawing of a clown?
A comedy sketch.
- What do clowns call a tremor?
- What did the clown sound like when he snored?
“Honk shoe, honk shoe, honk shoe.”
- What do you call a clown who hates sitting down?
A stand-up comic.
- If I told you I knew a convoluted joke about a golf club, a sheep, a stinging insect, a tree, and the clown-based horror movie…
Wood ewe bee leaf It?
- What do you call a clown who went to jail?
- My friend swears he loves horror movies involving clowns.
I’m not certain, but I think he means It.
- What’s pink and stuck between an elephant’s toes?
- My father was the best clown of all time.
When he died, all his friends came to his funeral in one car.
- How does Ronald McDonald introduce his wife?
- Did you hear about the clown who got fired from the circus?
He’s suing for funfair dismissal.
- My girlfriend told me I was acting like a clown.
It was so upsetting that I stopped juggling and almost fell off my unicycle.
- Why do clowns often have stiff necks?
Because they sleep funny!
- Why did the clown feel sad looking at the balloon?
Because of inflation, he could not buy it.
- Did you hear about the clown who ran away with the circus?
The ringmaster made him bring it back!
- I quit my job at McDonald’s yesterday.
Turns out, my boss was a real clown.
- My parents hired a clown for my birthday party.
But he was a real Bozo.
- How huge was the clown’s hard drive?
- Why are all clowns so busy?
They’ve got a lot of funny business to handle.
- What kind of illness did the clown come down with?
- How did the clown cross the road?
By putting his stilt on.
- Why did the clown get fired from his job?
Because he was fooling everyone.
- How do clowns cook their eggs?
Funny side up!
- Why did the clown go to the doctor?
He was feeling funny.
- Why was the clown’s mortgage turned down?
Because he could not afford the clown payments!
- What would an annoyed magician do?
He would pull his hare out.
- Heard about the new showroom of clown shoes?
It’s no big feet.
- Why is the business of the circus failing?
Because people are not taking it seriously.
- Why was the Mom Clown so popular with the other parents?
Because she was really good at carpooling.
This article was originally published on