Most of us have that one close friend we talk to nearly every day. They’re the person who gives you pep talks when you need them and listens to you rant when life falls apart. Your relationship is a little more late night at the bar than relaxing spa day, because let’s be honest, you’re both a little twisted. You can’t really remember life before them and you don’t really want to, because they’re the peanut butter to your jelly.
Friends like these are known as ride or die friends. They’re more than just your best friend, they’re your chosen family. You will always be there for each other, no matter what. Wondering if you’ve found your ride or die friend? Here are 23 signs:
1. You can predict each other’s moods, behaviors, and reactions.
2. You always go to the bathroom together when you’re out.
3. You hate all the same things.
4. You’re brutally honest with each other, no matter what.
5. You have secrets in a shared vault that not even tequila could get out.
6. You’ve plotted hypothetical murders together. (Not that you would ever carry them out.)
7. All your conversations should come with kerosene, because that shit should be burned when you’re done.
8. You have a million inside jokes and stories that start with “remember when.”
9. You have, or have discussed getting, matching tattoos.
10. You don’t share blood, but you refer to each other as sisters.
11. You don’t need words to understand each other.
12. One of you is the wild one, and one is the slightly more wild one.
13. You tell each other I love you. Often.
14. Sometimes you fight like sisters.
15. You’ve taken care of each other when you’re drunk and laughed about it the next day.
16. You’ve road-tripped together.
17. You may or may not have bailed each other out of jail. (And if you haven’t you totally would.)
18. You can basically read each other’s mind just by the look on your face.
19. You can have an entire conversation using only gifs.
20. There is literally zero judgment between you.
21. You know why she doesn’t drink tequila anymore.
22. You’ve seen each other at your best and worst.
23. You defend each other fiercely.
You will likely be those two old ladies in the nursing home, racing wheelchairs and sneaking booze into the 4 p.m. showing of Forrest Gump. Because you get each other in a way no one else understands, and no matter what life hands you, one thing is for sure—you will always be there for each other.
This article was originally published on