You’ve decided to embark on one of the most memorable ways to vacation — RVing! You know where you’re going (or maybe you’re winging it), the kids are pumped, and all that’s left to do is make a plan.
No matter where the road takes you, you’re guaranteed to have a good time in an RV. But just to make sure your vacation is top-notch, we asked Scary Mommies to give us all their best tips for planning an amazing RV vacation, and they did not disappoint.
Here are 16 tips to make your next RV vacation truly magical:
1. Oh…good call.
2. Crockpots for the win!
3. We really like the part about making the kids do chores.
4. Take ALL the pictures.
5. Dorothy knows.
6. You should probably pack extra underwear, too, tbh.
7. Rain, rain go away.
8. Not sure what “boondocking” is, but it sounds like it could be a good time!
9. We like the way that Ashley thinks.
10. What an awesome way to look back on the memory of your trip!
11. Don’t forget to enjoy the views.
12. So just like parenthood then?
13. There is plenty to explore and you can cook all you want.
14. “Keep a weather eye on the horizon” is not just something pirates say.
15. Discovering local eats is always a great idea.
16. Sage advice.
Did you write all of that down? Above all else, remember: Vacation is meant to be fun. So spend it doing what you love. Ask the kids to get involved in the planning. Let them map out your route, or choose places to stop. RVing is about exploring, enjoying the beauty of the road, and spending time with the ones you love. Now what are you waiting for?
At Go RVing you can discover all the reasons to pick up and go on an epic road trip. Whatever your interests, wherever you want to explore, whomever you want to take along — an RV is the best way to travel. Check out some of the top reasons to Go RVing.