Unlike so many films today that are all about the glitz and glam and blowing-things-up action sequences, The Goonies has a kind of awesome that is yet to be duplicated in a film the entire family can enjoy. If you haven’t watched it with your kids yet, pencil in a day and make that happen. Consider it educational. Here are five lessons The Goonies teaches kids:
1. Brothers come first. And they will hurt you if you tie them up and run off with your friends, but only because they love you.
2. Little people can make a huge difference. If they pool their resources and work together, even The Man can’t hold them down.
3. It’s not about what’s on the outside. It’s what’s inside that counts.
4. Friends are so important. They’re right up there with brothers.
5. You could have a way meaner mom than me. Don’t forget that.