Woman Swallows Engagement Ring In Viral Facebook Post

Woman Accidentally Swallows Her Engagement Ring And Lives To Tell The Hilarious Tale

woman-swallows-engagment-ring
Jenna Evans/Facebook

The future bride had a great sense of humor about the ordeal when she shared her story on Facebook

We all know about the pre-wedding jitters, but eating your engagement ring before your nuptials? That’s got to be a new one. But that’s exactly what happened to a woman named Jenna Evans, a San Diego bride-to-be who accidentally swallowed her engagement ring in the middle of the night.

It sounds a little scary but when Jenna shared the story on Facebook, she was all laughs — and you will be too after reading it.

In a hilarious message accompanying pictures of the whole saga, Evans wrote, “So, in case you missed it, I swallowed my engagement ring in my sleep on Tuesday night. I actually remember doing it, but I thought I was dreaming, so I went back to sleep.” Wait… what?

It’s a bit of a tricky one to, well, swallow, but Evans later updated the post to further explain after tons of questions rolled in. Turns out, she was having a super vivid dream involving a high speed train and “bad guys” who told her she had to swallow her ring to keep it safe. She was just doing as she was told! “I popped that sucker off, put it in my mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water riiiight about the time I realized what I was doing,” she wrote.

Of course, when she woke up she realized what had happened and had a vague memory of consuming her ring, so she woke her fiancé and told him what she had mistakenly done. “I don’t think he believed me right away,” her post read. “We laughed pretty hard for about an hour and a half, called my mom, laughed until we were crying, googled ‘do other adults swallow rings’ because kids do it all the time, but apparently it’s less common for adults.”

The post goes on to describe a trip to urgent care, an x-ray, and eventually, a relatively minor surgery. Finally, the ring was back on the outside. After that, Bobby took her to get some real food and finally allowed her to have her ring back. “I promised not to swallow it again, we’re still getting married and all is right in the world,” she wrote.

Jenna Evans/Facebook
Jenna Evans/Facebook

Jenna’s sense of humor about the whole ordeal makes it hard not to laugh along with her. It’s no wonder the post now has over 62K shares — it makes a great story. Especially because she’s feeling fine now. She has her ring back, and you know, a recommendation from the doctor to see a sleep specialist, which might be a good preventative measure. Just in case.

Jenna Evans/Facebook

The future bride does have one piece of advice, though, because even though she really loves her ring, she doesn’t recommend swallowing them. “Ring is lovingly made by Simone Jewelry Designs in Houston, Tx. Jewels so lovely, you could eat them. But don’t – trust me on this,” she concluded her post.

We will totally take your word for it, Jenna.