OK Boomer! 51 Jokes To Share With The Good-Humored Boomers In Your Life
It’s practically an evolutionary trait: Older generations chide younger generations, and younger generations push back. When our parents were growing up, they were the “whippersnappers” driving their grandparents mad. Today, it’s millennials who seem to catch all the flack. In response, our generational bracket — along with the zoomers, AKA Gen Z — has settled on humor as the ultimate defense mechanism. When we get lampooned for expecting “participation trophies,” eating too much avocado toast, and killing retail chains, we do what we do best: We meme. And one of the most popular forms of memes in recent years centers on boomer jokes.
If you haven’t heard the phrase “OK boomer” about a zillion times in the last few years, well, you probably don’t internet much. Dictionary.com defines it as a “viral internet slang phrase used, often in a humorous or ironic manner to call out or dismiss out-of-touch or close-minded opinions associated with the Baby Boomer generation and older people more generally.” New York Times writer Taylor Lorenz describes it as “Generation Z’s endlessly repeated retort to the problem of older people who just don’t get it, a rallying cry for millions of fed-up kids.”
But listen, we still love our boomers. We just also sometimes need an outlet to diffuse the tension. It’s all in good fun. So, keep reading for some of the internet’s most hilarious examples of boomer jokes. Even better? When you’re done, share them with the best boomers in your life.
Best Boomer Jokes
- How do boomers change a lightbulb?
They don’t — they just keep talking about how great the old one was.
- How does a kid tell you that their grandparents called?
‘60s kid: Grandma called. ‘70s kid: Gramps called. ‘80s kid: Granny called. ‘90s kid: Grandmother called. Kids now: Boomerang.
- What happens when a Karen and a boomer crash into each other?
- Why did the boomer have a no-coins policy in his store?
He couldn’t tolerate change.
- Boomers: Kids these days don’t know what books are.
Gen Z: We’re literally using the same textbooks you had. My math book references West Germany.
- How many boomers does it take to change a lightbulb?
None — they’ll all resist change even if it makes the world a brighter place.
- What did the millennial say to the boomer upset over being called boomer?
The same thing boomers said to them growing up: “They’re just words. They can’t hurt you.”
- Why do boomers make horrible cashiers?
They’re afraid of change.
- How many boomers does it take to change a light bulb?
None — they just hire someone to do it and complain about how back in the day a bulb used to cost a nickel.
- A boomer went to the clinic to have his second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. After leaving the center, he noticed his vision was blurry. When he got home, he called the clinic for advice and to ask if he should go to the hospital. The person on the other end of the line told him to return immediately to the clinic…
He’d left his glasses behind.
- What’s the difference between a boomer and a boomerang?
Eventually the boomerang comes around.
- Boomers are always talking about the things they miss that millennials are taking away from them.
You know what we’ll miss when we’re old? Trees.
- Why don’t boomers like to use AC or DC?
They hate anything that is current.
- How many boomers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
They won’t do it — they’re retired. Those lazy millennial lightbulbs need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and screw themselves in.
- What do you call an old, grumpy Avatar that comes back and ruins the economy every time you send him away?
A Boomer Aang.
- I might not be the best boomer in the world, but I must be doing something right…
People keep telling me I’m an “OK boomer.”
- Why couldn’t the man wait to be in his mid-50s?
He wanted to move to Oklahoma and become a boomer sooner.
- What do you call a 66-year-old man who is just figuring out what he wants to be?
A late boomer.
- Isn’t it crazy how many boomers love 1911s?
That gun has a Colt following.
- If I had a dollar for every time a boomer insulted me…
I could afford a house in the economy they ruined.
- Elsa: “You can’t marry a man you just met.”
Anna: “OK boomer.” — @FrozenIncorrect/Twitter
- “Gonna ruin Thanksgiving this year by saying OK boomer after the family prayer.” — @Ghastly/Twitter
- “Boomer are you OK, are you OK, are you OK boomer, boomer are you OK, are you OK, are you OK boomer, you’ve been hit by, you’ve been struck by, a smooth millennial.” — @Ruffys_Art/Twitter
- “Please sign my petition for the Oklahoma City Thunder to rename themselves OK boomers.” — @TweetPotato314/Twitter
- Hopper: *says anything to Mike*
Mike: “OK boomer.” — @hendcrson/Twitter
- “Saying ‘eat the rich’:
– depressing – been done – makes people think you’re a cannibal Saying ‘OK boomer’: – fresh – new – hurtful to a generation that ruined the planet and economy.” — @Skoog/Twitter
- “Boomer: ‘Lmao why aren’t these millennials getting married, I married my sweetheart as soon as we left highschool.’
Also boomer: ‘I hate my wife.’” — @human-dlc/Tumblr
- What do you call a 60-year-old flying in a fighter jet?
A sonic boomer.
- What’s the difference between a baby boomer and an avocado?
One is a soft, wrinkly vegetable. The other is an avocado.
- What do you call Doom Guy who drinks Monster Zero?
- What did the currant say to the elderberry?
- What do you call a little creeper in Minecraft?
A baby boomer.
- Why do boomers type in all caps?
BECAUSE THEY’RE CAPITALISTS.
- I woke up this morning and saw a bird of prey in my backyard eating avocado toast and yelling, “OK boomer!”
It was a millennial falcon.
- What did the laser weapon say to the atom bomb?
- What’s a boomer’s favorite Pirates of the Caribbean quote?
“Take what you can, give nothing back!”
- What is the favorite TV network of angry boomers?
- Went shopping for cherries and microphones today…
Bought a Bing, bought a boomer.
- Thanos: “I am inevitable.”
Iron Man: “OK boomer.”
- OK boomer memes are dead, but they will surely come back one day.
It’s the boomerang effect.
- What do boomers use their car keys to scratch?
The inside of their ear when it itches.
- Boomers, 26: “It’s great to be four years into my union job with great benefits, a pension, and job security.”
Millennials, 26: “If I name my cat Bitcoin, maybe she’ll get VC backing and I can make ad revenue off her Instagram account and that’ll be enough to pay off my student loans.”
- Boomers: “Millennials just don’t understand how the world works.”
Also boomers: “Tonight at midnight, Facebook will take ownership of all my photos unless I copy and paste this text as my status.”
- Boomers 2019: “LOL Millennials can’t cook; they have no practical skills.”
Boomers 2020: “Willing to risk death to go to Buffalo Wild Wings while Millennials post their thousandth picture of homemade bread.”
- Millennials: “You took everything from me.”
Boomers: “How do I open this PDF?”
- Gen X: “So what do you think?”
Boomer: “I wasn’t but I strongly disagree with Gen Z.” Gen Z: “Hey! Why do you guys have to gang up on me?” Millennial: “Gen Z, your plan involved toaster waffles, a car battery, and bungee cords.”
- Yoda: “Do or do not; there is no try.”
Baby Yoda: “OK boomer.”
- Matilda’s Dad: “I’m smart; you’re dumb. I’m big; you’re little. I’m right; you’re wrong. And there’s nothing you can do about it.”
Matilda: “OK boomer.”
- Boomers: “Grow a thicker skin, millennial snowflakes!”
Millennial: “LOL OK boomer.” Boomers: “This is literally a hate crime.”
- Boomer: “Why are there holes in your jeans? You rip those yourself?”
Millennial: “Why are there holes in the ozone? You rip those yourself?” — @LucaLush/Twitter
- Millennial: “Student loans are crippling our generation.”
Person that types with their index fingers and can’t rotate a PDF: “I bought my house with three buttons and a carton of Camels in 1974.” — @Skoog/Twitter
This article was originally published on